Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

14 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

Remember Me

Real cool story and concept. Terrible combat that was incredibly unresponsive and somewhat buggy. Got to a point where a three button combo, over and over again was all you needed. Between boredom and bugs and not being responsive, it was an unpleasant experience. 

Story was the only saving grace. 

Yeah I put that game on hiatus because of the fucking combat. People said "it's like Akrham games". No it is fucking not. Not even a counter move, wtf!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still working on tlou and Kane and lynch 2 for mp trophies. I have to say Kane and lynch on extreme mode is similar to uncharted 1 on crushing mode story concept. X.x if u have this game on digital version please let me know cuz I need help with co-op story mode. Thanks..

Can't remember if I've posted on this thread before or not and too lazy to go and search sooo if I have then to reiterate....The Walking Dead.  Did not enjoy that game at all.  Super easy, 0/10 difficulty platinum, but did not really enjoy it at all.  Also Lego: Legends of Chima.  I love Lego games, but didn't really enjoy that either.

It seems to me that walking simulators are easily the worst plats. Ether One and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are by far some of the worst games I've ever played, for different reasons.

Ether One is bad for its whole fucking back catalogue of glitches, including save file freeze shenanigans and having to do the entire last area in one shot since it fucks up whenever you try to re-enter. Had to redo the game several times but at least its quick for what that entails.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture doesn't feel like it glitched on me, but it suffers from poor control explanation and for being a literal walking simulator. The game doesn't tell you how to increase your walk speed, and even when you do get told by looking online, it's not even a brisk walk, it's like between that and the snail shit you start off with. And I get it, its a beautiful game, with lots of nice lighting and colouring, and there's a nicely made story you have to go find out, unfolding in the post apocalypse and you're likely playing through the perspective of the one who started it. I WOULD BE LEGGING IT HARDCORE TRYING TO FORGIVE IN WHAT I'VE DONE! 

Seriously though, I could zip across Los Santos and Blaine County faster than what you can with the literal walking simulator with BAFTA awards. I mean, not so much as a jog. Really? I felt like I was on one of those flat travelators they have at airports for people who either just sat on their arse for a number of hours, or are about to sit on their arse for a number of hours.

Ugh... point is, I've played easy plats and gotten happy when the ding pops through, even so much as LEGO games. But when these popped it was more "Thank Christ, fuck off!" *delete*

• Like 2

I would have to say "Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness" for the PS Vita, the story was great super engaging and I like visual novels so I like that kind of reading and no action type games. But the mini game killed it for me incredibly tedious and it's the only way to complete the "collectible" section of the platinum!!!

4 hours ago, Spider-Man916 said:

Can't remember if I've posted on this thread before or not and too lazy to go and search sooo if I have then to reiterate....The Walking Dead.  Did not enjoy that game at all.  Super easy, 0/10 difficulty platinum, but did not really enjoy it at all.  Also Lego: Legends of Chima.  I love Lego games, but didn't really enjoy that either.

"The walking Dead" is a visual noval with action inputs sprinkled in it is not ment to be difficult...

7 hours ago, DennisWilles said:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (and Gone Home, which is only a 100%) are by far the biggest turds I have ever had to experience. I honestly don't know why I even bothered, those games gave me more frustration than anything else. I hope the creators burn in hell. 

What didn't you like about Gone Home? I thoroughly enjoyed the game!

3 hours ago, Splathew said:

Coffin Dodgers. I actually liked the idea of the game but it's just not a good game at all...

The controls weren't the best, but I thought it was a ton of fun.

I'd say that going through the getting the Destiny platinum shortly is the most tedious game I'll have platinumed. 

Lego Marvel Super Heros. Seriously was so close to smashing my controller, with the amount of time you need to replay and collect all the collectables for the 100% was god awful.

Also gotta go with This War Of Mine: The little Ones, this game just straight up sucked. and don't get me started how many people died or kids that where severely depressed just to get a trophy, it was truly awful.

and by far the worst Orc Slyer, and i platinumed it twice. 

12 hours ago, PowerCoard said:

I would have to say "Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness" for the PS Vita, the story was great super engaging and I like visual novels so I like that kind of reading and no action type games. But the mini game killed it for me incredibly tedious and it's the only way to complete the "collectible" section of the platinum!!!

"The walking Dead" is a visual noval with action inputs sprinkled in it is not ment to be difficult...

Um yeah.  I know that.  That's obvious.  That's why it's a 0/10 difficulty.  I just didn't enjoy the game, story, any of it.

Hannah Montana The Movie. Besides the catchy song tunes, the voice acting made me mute the volume whenever I was in the "free roam" section which I wouldn't even call it as such! Controls are clunky, graphics are bad (this came out the same year as Uncharted 2!) and all you do in the game is sing and buy clothes. The worst hands down was riding Blue Jeans ten times. Whoever decided SIXAXIS controls for this game was a good idea clearly didn't realise this was not the Wii version. Never ever again will this be touched.

So this hardly seems like a very original choice looking back at some of the more recent answers, but ... Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

To be fair Gone Home is probably a close second for me, but I felt like this game had a .. uhh, "somewhat" interesting story (I mean it wasn't anything fantastic, arguably not even good, but at least it wasn't so god damned convoluted as Raptures story was X___x )

The saving grace for Gone Home compared to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture however was the difference in the two games pacing ... Ho.ly. shit. was Everybody's gone to the Rapture's pacing horrifically slow and boring. I get that the game was a walking simulator and taking in the games world was essentially all the game had to offer ... but come on man

At the end of the day though neither game really interested my at any level whatsoever and the only reason I ever bothered to platinum them was the fact that were both ps + games at some point -_- go figure

Mine was Tales of Innocence R. I found the gameplay to be dated and basic for a Tales game on the Vita, most skits were not voiced so it was tedious to just read through them, and the story and characters were boring. The main character was such a wimpy crybaby to be a protagonist, and the heroin was rude and somewhat mannerless with an annoying dialogue and voice. 

I completed in in 60 hours only for there to be a stupid trophy that needs 100 hours of playtime, so I just left my vita on whilst feeling guilty about the waste of energy. 

• Like 1

I played one game that literally made me want to kill myself during the end section of the game. Could have probably something to do with the fact I played it during night and for a lot of hours straight... Since then I refuse to say the name of that game out loud ever again, so I spare other people same fate and awful time I suffered back then.

I'll describe second worst experience instead which for me was Port Royale 3... It's the game that made stop 'trophy hunting' for a while, which was a good thing to be honest. Thanks to that I got back in Uncharted 2 and made it to the very top. MY PR3 experience can be summed up saying it involved more save files thank I can even think of, constantly trial and error trying to figure out good strategies to proceed... And what is worse, all that was for nothing because as it turns out you can actually get platinum trophy fast if you use a 'Direct Strategy' rather than trying to build an empire, which was really disappointing for me.

Overall I ended up getting platinum trophy like almost a year after the first trophy was earned, not exactly efficient... I've tried to get into the game a lot of times since then, only to get constantly slapped in the face over and over again. I think I'll just stick with fun and enjoyable games from now on...

On 3/20/2017 at 11:59 PM, Torracat83 said:

Teslagrad. In particular, whoever thought of that racing scroll and electric maze should burn in hell.

You mean that one scroll where you have to race upwards and dodge the electric barriers?

That took over 40 minutes of constant trying. Was relieved to finally get it.

57 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You mean that one scroll where you have to race upwards and dodge the electric barriers?

That took over 40 minutes of constant trying. Was relieved to finally get it.

Yes. i was dashing across the space and somehow got the scroll when I dashed to hit the button, but still had to go through the barriers to continue on...took me like an hour and a half.

Since I last posted ages ago, I have since changed my mind.

The worst game I have ever pushed through and platinumed has to be Ether One, without a doubt.

Not only is it boring, the story is garbage, it's extremely slow, and the bugs in it gave me such a headache. This is before even mentioning that for some reason the game gave me serious motion sickness, which I can't even fathom to explain why.

I literally had to space the however many sub 10 hours to platinum this game over the span of 2 or 3 days, it was that bad.

I wanted to get Dark Souls 3 as my 50th platinum which is why I even bothered to platinum this piece of garbage, but it's made me skeptical on playing PS+ games from now on, because Ether One might actually be the worst game I have ever played in my entire life. (And I've played fucking Ride to Hell: Retribution.)