Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

2 hours ago, ombowombo said:

I'd say Stories: Path of Destinies. It's actually a beautiful game, but a huge repetetive grindfest when it comes to achieveing max level. By then, you've seen every possible ending about 5 times. And there are 25 of them!

Agreed. I've played games where you had to grind to get the platinum but this game actually felt like a grind. Towards the end, you felt every second of that grind. For such a short game, I think it took me over a week to platinum. Saying that, it wasn't my worst game to platinum that honour goes to...

Ether One

This game is complete thrash. Like utter garbage. The story was terrible, gameplay atrocious and solving the puzzles made no sense at times. It was free on PS Plus so that is its one saving grace. 

4 hours ago, ombowombo said:

I'd say Stories: Path of Destinies. It's actually a beautiful game, but a huge repetetive grindfest when it comes to achieveing max level. By then, you've seen every possible ending about 5 times. And there are 25 of them!

After the 25 endings I only had to make 2 more run through to get to max level... Skills dude :P

Still painfully repetitive though.

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

Ether One

This game is complete thrash. Like utter garbage. The story was terrible, gameplay atrocious and solving the puzzles made no sense at times. It was free on PS Plus so that is its one saving grace. 

Had to use a guide for this one. Bad gameplay and absent logic, did not want to spend more time than necessary on this.

Edited by darkbeuh

12 hours ago, brunorossin said:

Jak II. And I have 2 platinum.

The worts game that I have played on my life.

It's not a hard platinum, bit it is very awful.

I feel you.

atrocious game - and a damn shame after a good time with Jak and Daxter  

• Like 1

There's no contest here, it's Knack.

I only got the platinum because I was house sitting for my aunt who didn't have internet at all and didn't tell me that before I got there. I brought my PS4, but I couldn't download anything, so I was stuck playing two games while I was there and I platinumed them both.

Knack might seem like it would be simple, but it has a item drop system so bad that it could only have been devised by Satan himself. You can only get a certain amount of treasure chests each playthrough, the items you get are random, there aren't enough chests in a playthrough to collect every item even if you open them all, you can't use chapter select to farm them, and you can't change difficulty for new game plus because it resets all your collection progress. As if that all wasn't bad enough already, you can also get extras of every gem and all of them are on a rarity scale. I sure hope you like getting the same low rarity gems over and over because you're going to have four times as many as you need by the time you finally get a diamond.

I see other people complaining about Stories: Path of Destinies here. I just got that platinum last week and you guys are going to have to trust me, it's no where near the horrible grind that is eight playthroughs of Knack. 

• Like 1

Virginia! For sure Virginia! ^_^ https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5316-virginia

It looks so nice in the store like a nice point and click game but it wasn't. This was the first game in my gaming history I really don't understand. Nor the story (was there a story???) or the trophy describtion and trophy names due to what you have to do for it to gain the trophy. What a strange game.... :P 

After the 25 endings I only had to make 2 more run through to get to max level... Skills dude :P

Still painfully repetitive though.

how on earth did you do that? I kept repeating the paths suggested in many forums and almost never got hit for perfect bonus...

Battlefield 3.

Only need colonel 45 for the plat.

Multiplayer was just fine, i was able to obtain it all by myself without being a good FPS Player.

But Singleplayer and coop was pure hell... I doesnt take long and isnt hard but i had so many bugs like npc actions wont triggered and the route the game tells me didnt work on highest difficulty and such things. Coop was even worse, me and my buddy fall under the map at the end of a Mission or the last 2-3 enemies just disappeard so we had to restart.

Assassin's Creed Unity.

Also because of the Bugs, i wait 6 months to grab the the game cause i heard its really buggy so i waited for a Patch. Four times the game just Crashes and 3 times i was stuck in the air while being in the fall animation and a lot of other bugs.

I refuse to play any AC again after Unity and i really like the series and get the plats for AC2 - Unity.

• 1 month later...

WWE '13 ... glitch where everytime you logged out your rank reset to 0.. a gold trophy for reaching max rank took 50 hours of gameplay and my console staying on for 2 weeks straight with the same boosting partner about 5 hours a night...

L3bdb93.png

Umbrella Corps. I knew from the beginning this game was pure trash and everyone who boosted the trophies with me also knew what they were getting into. This game is not fun at all. Unbalanced multiplayer, outdated graphics, bad animations, poor single-player experience..... i could go on and mention a lot of bad things about this game. I had to boost 10+ hours daily to obtain this platinum. The trophies cannot be boost on private matches so we had to find an empty lobby and tell the other people on party chat to start searching and see if they could find us (the population on this game was already poor so it would take us like a 10 mins to find an empty lobby and start boosting for hours). The grind required to obtain the trophies on this game is just brutal and since this game is not fun at all that made things worse. No one who platinum this game enjoyed it (and i boosted the trophies with pretty much everyone on the top 50 platinum achievers). The only reason we all boosted to obtain the Umbrella Corps platinum is because our dedication to the Resident Evil franchise and the poor single-player experience offered on this game is canon. I deleted the game immediately after i obtained the platinum.

I'll tell you a funny story...

One night, got together with the boys, had a few drinks and decided to buy surgeon simulator for a laugh due to the atrocious graphics and controls. They were all aware of my OCD in terms of completion so i told them to create a guest account so no trophies popped on mine. Their response "Nah its all good, we just wanna launch it and see how bad it is". So while on the menu screen, they decided to wreck everything on the desk (in game) and before i knew it, trophy popped....... Dead silence in the room lol

We all knew how brutal the plat was to begin with, but what we didnt know is that the game was patched, so you had to A++ all 25 surgeries instead of the first 6.. No one had even platted it post patch at that point.. What followed was potentially the most excruciating journey iv ever had in my life and still have nightmares over platting that steaming pile of shit lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I'll tell you a funny story...

One night, got together with the boys, had a few drinks and decided to buy surgeon simulator for a laugh due to the atrocious graphics and controls. They were all aware of my OCD in terms of completion so i told them to create a guest account so no trophies popped on mine. Their response "Nah its all good, we just wanna launch it and see how bad it is". So while on the menu screen, they decided to wreck everything on the desk (in game) and before i knew it, trophy popped....... Dead silence in the room lol

We all knew how brutal the plat was to begin with, but what we didnt know is that the game was patched, so you had to A++ all 25 surgeries instead of the first 6.. No one had even platted it post patch at that point.. What followed was potentially the most excruciating journey iv ever had in my life and still have nightmares over platting that steaming pile of shit lol

That is a great story! Can you please give an estimate of how long it took you to plat?

• Like 1

Digimon All-Star Rumble. It's the only one thus far (out of 7) that I actually grew sick of while attempting the Plat. So I took a few months off and came back and finished it. I was legitimately enjoying the game at the time I platinumed it, but at this point I probably won't touch it for a while. I'll probably get rid of it.

Nier: Automata. I just don't get why everyone likes it. The gameplay got boring and repetitive, the story was, to me, sort of banal and overplayed and the save system made me have to replay more than I should for making one small mistake. 

I went into that game wanting to love it, I gave it every opportunity, but I just left dejected. I only got the platinum because of the trophy store. If it wasn't for that, I would have left it to rot.

Not sure if I ever posted here or not and too lazy to go and try to figure out if I have or not and really don't care anyway....ANYWAY, to get to the point....The Walking Dead.  I know a lot of people like it, but for me it was utter trash.  That was torture getting that platinum.  Funny thing is it was one of the very few games that I played for trophy whore purposes i.e. just to score a very quick, extremely easy platinum.  Yeah.  After I started it, I kinda wished I hadn't.  Lesson: Don't be a trophy whore.  Be a trophy hunter and play games you know you'll actually enjoy playing (and platinuming) and don't play games just to score a cheap-ass easy platinum.  Lesson learned.

But which Walking Dead? I take it you are talking about the Telltale one and I found that one to be great even though I'm not a fan of the series. But I bought the other one and wow it was horrible. And then rescuing a survivor trophy glitched on me and I had to continue to start over and drive back and forth on my map for hours to actually have her show up again. Terrible experience but happy to have the plat!