Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

As a general rule of thumb I don't plat games I don't enjoy.

The only game that falls into the forced myself to plat is The Walking Dead Season 1, got really bored with it near the end. Lucky all you have to do for the plat is finish it but still it became a slight chore.

• Like 3

My latest Platinum was also my most hated platinum ever and that is Sound Shapes. I really disliked that game because of the randomness on Death Mode. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale were both pretty boring games to plat, but not as bad as Sound Shapes.

I usually like to plat only games I really like, but these 3 wasn't that good.

• Like 1

Quite a few (I'll also include 100%s, because they're just as good as a plat imo). I really can't just pick 1 tbh

Burnout Paradise - This game was brutally boring and repetitive in my opinion. It's my longest 100%, at 5 years and 5 months, and thank god I am done with this pos.

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - don't make Harry Potter a third person shooter... Just... no. Please. What was wrong with it being a Zelda-esque game?

Joe Danger 2: The Movie - Boring, awful controls, trial and error. Horrible game.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Easily the most monotonous LEGO game which dragged on way longer than it was welcome imo. Has put me off the LEGO series completely.

Never Alone - Buggy, boring, dull, awful AI which makes even Yorda from Ico look revolutionary... There was nothing to like about this game. Literally nothing at all. And then they had to go and release some DLC. :facepalm:

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - Ridiculously boring and repetitive.

Prototype 2 - Easily one of my least favourite games I have ever played. It suffers the same issue as Never Alone - NOTHING was enjoyable - but to add insult to injury, it was even longer.

Puppeteer - Another day, another horridly boring game.

The Last of Us - Buggy, boring, predictable, cliche... If it weren't for Left Behind, which was great, I'd say this was another Prototype 2/Never Alone

[i realize the topic was about picking the worst - not multiple - but other people have chosen multiple, and I really couldn't choose just 1].

I have loads unfinished that would apply to this thread - but I haven't finished them :P

• Like 1

As a general rule of thumb I don't plat games I don't enjoy.

The only game that falls into the forced myself to plat is The Walking Dead Season 1, got really bored with it near the end. Lucky all you have to do for the plat is finish it but still it became a slight chore.

I'm with this guy. I was OCD getting trophies when I started and got the Fallout 3 plat, with it hanging/crashing every 5 minutes. I hated the game at the end. Stopped me being totally OCD about trophies though, which is properly a good thing.

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock and The Legend of Korra, which should be a lesson to anyone to not bother with TV show games. I'd add in Proteus also, but I leave it incomplete as a testament to how much I openly dislike that game that I've completed Welcome Park but not that one.

Edited by damon8r351

Assassin's Creed III Liberation - this story happened a long time ago... like almost 3 years ago... I had just purchased my Vita so I didn't have much games to play and have tight budget... and suddenly you have received a game as a gift for Birthday+Christmas (it is not even brand new... yeah... cheap bastard) wow... it is a game from a series you haven't played before, you excitedly played it for a couple of hours and the realization happened... you don't like it and it even introduced you to words like shitty controls, bug and weird MP... removed the cartridge in Vita and put it in a safe place called backlog... months later, you ran out of game of games to play, you have tight budget and the one who gives you the gift asked you if you have finished the game already and asks how was it.. with nothing to reply.. had to bring myself to retrieve the game from the safe place and give it another try... platted it and since then, never played another Assassin's Creed game again... THE END...

• Like 2

Even though the expansion of the city was a neat aspect of Jak II, I absolutely HATED the lack of checkpoints and the horrible driving controls, it felt like I was sliding out buttery ice. Also I didn't find LittleBigPlanet 2 to be all that fun, and I especially hated acing certain levels.

Have to agree with Jak 2 there, I do think that its a great game, but its way too difficult. I'm alright with a fair challenge, and I think more modern games should be harder to finish, but Jak 2 is only difficult because of design flaws with the checkpoint system. 

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden 3 was...bad, very bad and that is being nice. It was more cheap hard than actually hard; the game basically just spawns endless grab-happy enemies on the higher difficulties. I actually liked the Sly Cooper games, even Thieves in Time. Though, I will admit the mini-games were a bit uncalled for.

Give this Dood a cookie, plz; thanks.

I actually liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and that was the reason I got NG3. The random framerate drops and lag, unresposinve controls the game throws at you are just an icing on the cake of this already cheap game.

I forgot to point out that I play Sly 4 on the Vita and the minigame where you controll the ball with move controls SUCKS! It's terrible to use the Vita for this because you have to hold the system down and still look at it. I swear the Vita was designed to give gamers the worst back pain.

My latest Platinum was also my most hated platinum ever and that is Sound Shapes. I really disliked that game because of the randomness on Death Mode. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale were both pretty boring games to plat, but not as bad as Sound Shapes.

I usually like to plat only games I really like, but these 3 wasn't that good.

Omigosh this! I truly despised Sound Shapes and your description is spot on. Definitely in my top three worst games I plated.

• Like 1

I wish to list a couple:-

Battle Fantasia - Horrible game. Didn't enjoy it in the least. I also spent a good 5-6 hours getting 100% story on 8 characters, to then load the game up the next morning to find out I lost all the progress because I hadn't enabled auto-save, at all, since ever starting the game. I also needed to do other trophy requirements again because of this, because it goes towards achieving 100% gallery. "You Want Me To WHAT?" also took me a good 15 or so hours to attain. Whilst practicing, I managed to pull off parrying the 22 hit combo 5 times in a row, but, of course, when actually going for the trophy, I wasn't as successful - but I actually enjoyed going for this one. Once I finally attained it, my skin was pierced from my nails from tightly clenched fists of celebration

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD - This game literally made me feel uncomfortable; it's such a weird albeit unique game... I didn't enjoy playing this, and it seemingly dragged out due to my apathy towards it. The creators of this game most certainly had to have been on drugs. It had such a dull, gloomy atmosphere that certainly didn't appeal to me. That being said, this game isn't hard, the trophies are only rare due to glitches (which I easily overcame, message me if interested)

Edited by Aela

Two come to mind and they are both these abortions, 

• Crysis - Brought this game as it was cheap on a recent sale. game play is extremely outdated and graphics are just plain ugly.
  •  Far Cry Classic - Extremely boring story (honestly have no idea what it was about) gameplay is slow and graphics are awful with an annoying moments where you can't even see 10ft in front of you face with a sniper rifle 

I think I should avoid ported FPS games from that generat...... Ohhhh nuts, I've still got Killzone HD left to play  :shakefist:

• Like 2

TWD Season 1: complete bore. No gameplay. Rather read a comic book (or now called a "graphic novel".)

Making tough moral choices? I simply didn't care, and the result of the choices I made was either arbitrary or at best somebody else's vapid idea of rational human behavior.

It was hard to keep my eyes open.

Thankfully the snooze-fest only lasted a couple of days.

I don't think I'll ever buy another TellTale "game". zzzzzzzzz....snore snore.........zzzzzzz

Contrary to popular opinion, I found TWD Survival Instinct was far more challenging and satisfying.

Zombie killing with a pipe wrench! And with a mounted machine gun!

• Like 4

TWD Season 1: complete bore. No gameplay. Rather read a comic book (or now called a "graphic novel".)

Making tough moral choices? I simply didn't care, and the result of the choices I made was either arbitrary or at best somebody else's vapid idea of rational human behavior.

It was hard to keep my eyes open.

Thankfully the snooze-fest only lasted a couple of days.

I don't think I'll ever buy another TellTale "game". zzzzzzzzz....snore snore.........zzzzzzz

Contrary to popular opinion, I found TWD Survival Instinct was far more challenging and satisfying.

Zombie killing with a pipe wrench! And with a mounted machine gun!

You are joking.. Right? Anywho Crysis 3 for me, that game is garbage.
  • Like 3

You are joking.. Right?.

I can't speak about Survival Instinct as I haven't played it but I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of his post. I got episode 1 free, it took me months just to finish that. I picked up the whole thing from Redbox just to get rid of the damn thing... 30 minutes later vowed never to touch another "game" made by that company.

OT: Sly 2... Hands down. Sooooooo boring and monotonous, and I truly despise Murray and Bentley. I hate that they walk you step by step through the entire heist. And then take the time to so it again at the start of each step, and then tell you what to do as you're doing it... And none of it is skippable. :facepalm:

I rarely "push through" if I don't like a game. I might come back to it months or years later but If I still don't enjoy it I just write it off for good.

• Like 1