Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

On 2/28/2016 at 0:30 AM, Fray32- said:

not including sports games, either: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3 version) or Killzone 3.

I usually 1) research vidyas I'm interested in and 2) only play stuff that looks like a good game regardless of trophy appeal. I'm sure the PS4 version of Middle Earth is good, but the PS3 version is barely functional as is and was not very enjoyable. Got it as a gift from my brother who didn't know any better, so out of respect I got the most out of it.

Killzone 3 I bought on the SUPER cheap because I enjoyed Killzone 2 enough to give the single player a quick playthrough. I'm sure at its peak, the online was fun as hell but picking it up years later and only interested in the campaign, the game just felt like the devs were merely going through the motions whereas Killzone 2 (flaws and all) felt like a genuine effort.

so all in all, I've been fortunate enough that those are the worst of the worst of my platinum'd games.

updating this, now it's probably Alice: Madness Returns. boring game, levels are padded to increase playtime but its just the same ish over and over. I was into it at first, but slowly I stopped caring. More just mediocre than outright bad

• Like 1

Jak 2 has to be the worst game I've played in a long time. Incredibly tedious and boring to play. Crappy mission designs with way to much filler, running from A to B almost the entire game and ulikeable characters, except for Dexter. Unfortunatly Dexter alone can't save this trash of a game.

Edited by DonGurke93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DonGurke93 said:

Jak 2 has to be the worst game I've played in a long time. Incredibly tedious and boring to play. Crappy mission designs with way to much filler, running from A to B almost the entire game and ulikeable characters, except for Dexter. Unfortunatly Dexter alone can't save this trash of a game.

Jak 2 was such a disappointment after Jak 1, real shame.

• Like 1

I really have no game on my profile, that i didn´t liked going for the plat.

The only one, that i just wanted to get over with was Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I was really interested in that game because i absolutely love the LOTR setting normally. But this game was absolutely boring, repetitive and i felt no connection to the Tolkien universe at all. The LOTR Lego game had a better atmosphere than this one:D Really disappointing.

Edited by DeathShark22
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 0:24 PM, DonGurke93 said:

They were trying to be edgy and attract an older audience. Didn’t work out too well for them.

• Like 1

On ٢٠‏/٢‏/٢٠١٨ at 3:56 AM, Spaz said:

They were trying to be edgy and attract an older audience. Didn’t work out too well for them.

I think they said at the time that they think 3D platformers are dying since most kids at the time are jumping to games where you shoot bad guys and make everything explode, so they switched from Jak and Daxter platform game play to the Generic third person shooter of Jak 2, Ratchet and Clank have done this right but Jak especially Jak 2 didn't. Naughty Dog never done the shooting mechanics right until the Uncharted series.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I think they said at the time that they think 3D platformers are dying since most kids at the time are jumping to games where you shoot bad guys and make everything explode, so they switched from Jak and Daxter platform game play to the Generic third person shooter of Jak 2, Ratchet and Clank have done this right but Jak especially Jak 2 didn't. Naughty Dog never done the shooting mechanics right until the Uncharted series.

You have one of the cutest message board avatars ever, don't ever change it!

That's all I have to contribute to this thread at the moment.