Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was terrible, glitchy, and Sith Master difficulty is one of the most unfair difficulties I've never had to deal with. Getting the 100% made it worse.

Last Rebellion from my original account was boring as hell to play. It's a short and easy platinum but it's one I don't want to reclaim.

Alice: Madness Returns had WAY TO MANY collectables along with a terrible checkpoint system made it a real chore to platinum. Getting the 100% was even worse.

Monster Monpiece is another one from my original account that was both boring and a pain in the arm (literally) to platinum and it's also the one Japanese game that broke me of THOSE types of J-games.

• Like 1

TWD Season 1: complete bore. No gameplay. Rather read a comic book (or now called a "graphic novel".)

Making tough moral choices? I simply didn't care, and the result of the choices I made was either arbitrary or at best somebody else's vapid idea of rational human behavior.

It was hard to keep my eyes open.

Thankfully the snooze-fest only lasted a couple of days.

I don't think I'll ever buy another TellTale "game". zzzzzzzzz....snore snore.........zzzzzzz

Precisely, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It says winner of a bunch of game of the year awards all over the front and the whole time I'm wondering where the game aspect of it was. People are all over this game in praise when it's not even a game but a very long MOVIE.

My pick is Thief though. No explenation needed.

• Like 1

The worst one for me was : SoulCalibur V.

Reach the 100% was so boring, especially when you need to do   :bronze:  Road to the Duel : Quick Battle: defeated 150 warriors and  :silver: Sudden Temptation: 

Quick Battle: defeated all warriors. Those two are very difficult when you are a beginner, because when you play against (A5, A4, A3, A2, A1) players, you don't know what to do, I cried for those two. 

And of course :  :bronze: Quick Battle: defeated Harada TEKKEN. You are probably gonna lie,  but it took me at least 2 weeks to find a solution and beat that guy.

Anarchy rush hour - absolute trash, worst game of all time. Plat was kinda easy but their was one trophy which requires you to buy every car...so you basically end up grinding for hours in the most boring races...ugh never again.

Edited by Ilumix

I had a lot of great games that I played because I only platinum those I generally enjoyed.  My favorite game was likely Fallout 3 while my hardest time consuming game was Terraria.  However, I did have some hair pulling platinums.  In fact I got three.

1.  Black Ops 2 - While I did enjoy the story, those painful 160 challenges to complete, topped by the replay of missions left and right made me suffer big time.  Contemplated just giving up (and I did for two years) but I pushed through for that shiny ultra rare trophy.  All the while flipping off an extremely lackluster excuse of a multiplayer.

2.  Diablo 3 -  Where do I start?  This was the worst game of the franchise by far.  I played alongside friends for a short period of time, and then later returning to platinum.  The "grinding for gold" achievement is a joke.  I would not hate someone who used mods because that's how bad it is.  Never have been so turned off on a run through of a game.  Hardcore gave me nightmares until I realized it wasn't so bad (Protip: pick the monk)

3.  Resident Evil 5 -  I did love this game when I first got it.  The only reason though I actually platinum'd it was because of a friend doing it alongside me.  No way I could of enjoyed this game solo.  The story itself sucks, the hardest difficulty is cheap as hell, and the final boss fight was way to easy.  It didn't help that the AI is a moron.  It also didn't help I replayed RE2 & RE4 before this pile of garbage.  Yeah..........

Honorable mentions:

Twisted Metal -  I never actually got the platinum on this, hence why it is here.  The game though was buggy, broken, boring, and beyond repair.  Hell one of the patches actually glitched a lot of the trophies.  The servers were poor as hell, and the hardest difficulty was a terrible excuse to put in videogames.  All in all, screw this game hard.  -4/10 would not touch again.

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan -  Easy, but incredibly boring.  It wasn't hard or time consuming really so I cant put it on this list.

I have 3 that I disliked in different ways

PlayStation all stars - I disliked the game so much I left it at 10% for a whole year. its repetitive and doing the story mode with each character was just really boring

hitman absolution - I enjoyed the game for the first few missions but playing the game on the hardest difficulty sort of zapped the fun out of it for me. its not an enjoyable hard mode like tlou

the sims 3 - I love the sims 3 but I spent so many hours getting this platinum I went on 3 different phases. phase 1 was where I playing it for fun. phase 2 was the year after when I aimed to get all of the harder trophies. and phase 3 was about 6 months later where I spent a week straight trying to get those last 2 trophies. possibly the most tedious 40 hours of my gaming history

• 1 month later...

I just finished platinuming Lone Survivor. I flipping HATED this game in the beginning but after I completed it I have to admit I enjoyed it. It had a high learning curve, I hated the trophy popping system but it was pretty deep. I would recommend it to people interested in survivor horror

I just finished platinuming Lone Survivor. I flipping HATED this game in the beginning but after I completed it I have to admit I enjoyed it. It had a high learning curve, I hated the trophy popping system but it was pretty deep. I would recommend it to people interested in survivor horror

Planning on doing it in a few weeks. Going back to try to plat or pop a lot of trophies from games I started but never played after a trophy or 2. So it wasnt as bad as my first impression?

• Like 1

Still not platted but I'm going to push through it anyway: Rainbow Moon.

The game starts great but rapidly becomes boring as hell: little to no story, generic chracters, unecessary grinds and difficulty spikes, etc.

The only solid aspect I found was the gameplay, but for a game to only have one great aspect...it speaks wonders.

I stared dumbfounded when some people considered it an unique game and a must play tbh.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I only have two platinum trophies, and I greatly enjoyed the ride through both of them, but Assassin's Creed II nearly made me give up on it because of the 5 sweeps with a long weapon trophy.

I had a lot of great games that I played because I only platinum those I generally enjoyed.  My favorite game was likely Fallout 3 while my hardest time consuming game was Terraria.  However, I did have some hair pulling platinums.  In fact I got three.

1.  Black Ops 2 - While I did enjoy the story, those painful 160 challenges to complete, topped by the replay of missions left and right made me suffer big time.  Contemplated just giving up (and I did for two years) but I pushed through for that shiny ultra rare trophy.  All the while flipping off an extremely lackluster excuse of a multiplayer.

2.  Diablo 3 -  Where do I start?  This was the worst game of the franchise by far.  I played alongside friends for a short period of time, and then later returning to platinum.  The "grinding for gold" achievement is a joke.  I would not hate someone who used mods because that's how bad it is.  Never have been so turned off on a run through of a game.  Hardcore gave me nightmares until I realized it wasn't so bad (Protip: pick the monk)

3.  Resident Evil 5 -  I did love this game when I first got it.  The only reason though I actually platinum'd it was because of a friend doing it alongside me.  No way I could of enjoyed this game solo.  The story itself sucks, the hardest difficulty is cheap as hell, and the final boss fight was way to easy.  It didn't help that the AI is a moron.  It also didn't help I replayed RE2 & RE4 before this pile of garbage.  Yeah..........

Honorable mentions:

Twisted Metal -  I never actually got the platinum on this, hence why it is here.  The game though was buggy, broken, boring, and beyond repair.  Hell one of the patches actually glitched a lot of the trophies.  The servers were poor as hell, and the hardest difficulty was a terrible excuse to put in videogames.  All in all, screw this game hard.  -4/10 would not touch again.

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan -  Easy, but incredibly boring.  It wasn't hard or time consuming really so I cant put it on this list.

Get Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. It's a complete rebuild of the original D3 with the expansion included. Much, much better than the vanilla (which I own on PC).

Considering what the OP said, I started out by listing all of the Platinums I've earned that I didn't enjoy. I then narrowed it down to games I expected to enjoy but absolutely did not like, along with the Platinum and I came up with a few games so I had to narrow it down further to games I hated. I came up with 3 games and I just can't bring myself to try and narrow it down any further, so here they are:

BAYONETTA

Friends I went to college with recommended this game to me because I said I had nothing to play at the time, saying it was an amazing game that will literally become my favourite. After around 30 seconds after starting the story I hated it. Why? The obvious and shameful fanservice, the awful unfitting music, the obnoxious, annoying bitch protagonist Bayonetta was just the start of it. As I kept playing I couldn't stand the music anymore, and for the first time ever in a video game, I turned it off in the options. Most of the characters are dull, and the ones that aren't dull, are incredibly annoying. Bayonetta herself is an overpowered sex object that people praise for being a strong female character. This just irritated me more, and as the story progressed I just couldn't stand it. I stopped for about 2 years (I think), then forced myself to complete it a lot later.

All of that being said, the gameplay was really fun. The animations, the large moveset and the fact that you could swap out for a variety of weapons was great. Everything else (in my opinion) was not. Half the cutscenes are just still shots. the loading times are god-awful and the game looks incredibly blurry and muddy. The quick time events are incredibly annoying and intrusive, the Boss battles and levels are recycled and the game has two incredibly long levels where all you do is either ride a missile or a bike seemingly forever. Yeah, I know that the technical issues are with the PS3 version only but that's the one I played and forced myself to platinum, which requires 3 playthroughs I might add. Sorry to anyone who loves this game/character but I cannot stand it.

Duke Nukem Forever:
I'd never played a Duke Nukem game before but everyone around me was hyped for it and rightly so. The game had been 15 years in the making and all the pre-release footage made it look great. I bought it on release day, and at first I enjoyed it. After I'd finished the story the first time though, I recalled everything I had played and it suddenly dawned on me that I barely had had any fun. The long loading times, the awful dated dialogue, the texture quality all over the place, the frustrating sections of the game, the lack of music and the boring brown/gray environments. Then I had to play through it 3 more times because I wasn't going for trophies the first time through and didn't plan for any in the first place which caused me to miss most of them. After my second playthrough I just wanted it to be over. Boring, too long and overly repetitive, I'm sure this is on a lot of gamer's disappointing games list.

Assassin's Creed: Unity:

I used to love Assassin's Creed. For me, it lost it's way after Brotherhood with a slight deviation into awesomeness when Assassin's Creed IV came out, which is a Pirate game more than an AC game. So when Unity was leaked, officially announced and then teased I wasn't too impressed with it at first but of course I eventually gave into the hype because I really wanted a new AC game to play. I really wish I never bought the damn thing. Aside from all of the glitches, bugs and unfinished-ness of the game it still has a huge list of problems. Crappy story that goes nowhere and lasts less than 7 hours, an open world too large and filled with too many monotonous things to do, missions that are just repetitive and boring, characters that are uninteresting and dull, a collectathon that required microtransactions and the official App to complete, the automated Free-running that you can literally just hold the button and close your eyes for a minute and you'll be where you need to be, the awful DLC.....

The only good things I can say about this game are the murder mysteries, the Rift missions (only the first time through), the way it looks when it isn't bugging out or blurry as $%!& and the fact that it didn't have that crappy tacked on MP that every AC has had since Brotherhood. Everything else, aside from the things I just mentioned is dreadful. I'd like to say it was a disgrace to the rest of the series but all it was, was a natural progression. I've stopped holding out hope for good AC games and "Chronicles: China" was pretty meh, and Syndicate looks like it's gonna be a repeat of AC: Unity. Shame that a series I once loved, has now become a series I really want to die.

Sorry for the uber-long post but I wanted to vent my feelings about these games and maybe some of you feel the same. (:

Edited by LeetWolf2

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1. I just couldn't leave it unfinished, despite its completely transparent awfulness. It's such an easy plat.

Some dishonorable mentions are Game of Thrones (not the Telltale one, the other crappy one), Venetica, Man Vs. Wild, and Wipeout 2. The last one is actually a pretty hard game to plat, so I have no real excuse for forcing myself to finish it.

Edited by starcrunch061

J-STARS Victory VS+, without a doubt. The game was kind of fun at first, but once the first playthrough is over you realize the rest of it is going to be a drag. Multiple playthroughs of a campaign that doesn't change much depending on the characters you select. Then, you get to play an offline mode where you have to clear all of the fights which requires you to do more stuff you've already done to do so. :facepalm: The gameplay was alright, but it definitely wasn't anything to write home about. The only upside was the fact you could complete the online related stuff against AI.

Murdered Soul Suspect ( PS4 ) - At first sight, this game looks like an easy platinum trophy but most of the trophies are collectibles and the game looks like a PS2 game in terms of graphics and after a while the gameplay gets boring and tedious.

I would have got the platinum in this game even quicker if it weren't for all the things I said above. ( Never judge a book...or a game in this case by its cover or trophies ever again!!! )

Edited by adam-1996_911