Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

Broken Age: This is the game I just plat few hours ago. It is PS+ free game, I thought it was going to be fun, but I was regret after playing for 15 mins. This game is so boring, the speed run trophy is totally piss me off. I delete the game right after I plat it.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments: Another PS+ free game, and I admit the only reason I played it is for platinum. For this type of game if the story doesn't appeal to me, it will become a disaster.

Sly Collections: I only got plat on Sly 1 so far, and working on Sly 2. In the end of Sly 1 I feel the game is kind repetitive. Then, I start Sly 2 and just feel what kind retard game this is. I don't even know if I can finish the whole series or not.

Edited by GTA_Darren

I should of expected this (i kinda did) but mine is SAW the game. It was an obvious game that would be bad but i went ahead like a lunatic and bought it anyway. Getting the Platinum for that was just as relieving as getting a >5% plat that's how bad it was.

So I am pretty sure this has happened to every veteran trophy hunter at one time or another. You get a new game, pop the disc in the console, grab the controller, sit back and wait to be blown away. Then it happens. The game is NOTHING like you expected. In fact, it sucks. Badly. Now you find yourself at a crossroads. Do you eject the disc, promise youself you will never, ever again waste your time on that crap and try to sell it at a premium to one of the neighborhood kids? OR do you say to yourself "Dammit, 50 unearned trophies is going to kill my completion percentage. Suck it up, Buttercup!" and play to plat.

It was hard to pick just one game to be the absolute worst as I have had that situation happen to me with regretable regularity. But if I have to choose one my vote goes to -

1L9c2deb.png

X-Blades

So back in 2013, I had just finished plating Hunted: The Demon's Forge (which also was not enjoyable, but not in my top 10 worst) and was looking for something easier for my next platinum. Then I saw X-Blades. Half naked female protagonist? Check. High platinum percentage? Check. Extremely inexpensive? Check. No multiplayer trophies to worry about the potential of closed servers? Check. It really seemed like a no-brainer. Then I played the game. It wasn't even the muddy PS2 graphics that turned me off about it. The gameplay was awful, the story was extremely weak and it really felt more like I was working without getting paid than playing a game. I was stuck at 30% completion for over a year before I resolved to complete the game and throw it out. I never had so much happiness in dropping something in the trashbin before that moment and probably never will again.

Hannah Montana  :D

Brink

Even though I haven't plat'd  it yet ( 2 trophies away) I feel the need to speak on it. The A.I. is so bad that I think Splash Damage was trolling us on purpose. On higher difficulty levels,  enemy A.I. plays brilliantly while your A.I. team mates couldn't walk in a straight line if you paid them. Anyone who has played a certain mission knows what I'm talking about....*cough* "Launch Day" *cough*.  

But, I have to push myself to finish it, partly out of pride and partly out of all the time and effort I've invested in it so far. I've been close to giving it up and chucking it into the trash but, I just can't....guess I'm just an old fool :unsure:

My worst platinum is probably Perfect Killer from Killer is Dead:
1Ld1caba.png

I love Suda 51, but this game.... ugh... the combat was sloppy, the level design was bland and linear, the story was awful, the "dating" was incredibly insensitive towards women, bosses had lazy one-hit kill moves, and there was waaayyyy too much grinding. At least it looked stylish? Glad to be done with this one.

Hyperdimension Neptunia; Producing Perfection.

It's not the worst platinum I have (That would go to Neptunia U for now), but it's the worst game. It has zero real gameplay, only like 4 or 5 songs, and no good plot to redeem it as a visual novel. Most of the characters in the series aren't even present, and unlike with Neptunia U and Hyperdevotion Noire there's no original characters to make up for the lack of Neptunia stars, other than the self-insert protagonist. Therefore, the character interaction scenes serving as the game's only reward for playing it weren't very diverse and filled with personalities. My time with the game was spent looking at a checklists to get all of the events as fast as possible. I sure hope that if Producing Perfection ever gets a sequel, it becomes a proper rhythm game with more songs and real gameplay in addition to being the idol management game it was supposed to be (and didn't do well at in this spin-off).

• Like 1

Resistance: Burning Skies.

Good fucking lord what a complete piece of shit that game was.

Also probably the Vita version of Jak and Daxter. I have never been more disgusted with a port than that one. I'm not even going to bother with the others. Other than that Magus maybe but that wasn't very long and maybe Prototype 2.