Collectible Guide - Croud-sourced, please help out

UPDATE: 13 Aug 2015

Well, it looks like this was a bust and other players have already got collectible guides up on the Web, so I think I'll use this thread to post links to PS4Trophies' videos instead, while we await the locations of the final collectibles for a proper guide. 

Bibliophile (Books):

Lost ("You Are Here" Maps):

Ready Meal (Microwaves): 

Grafitti Artist (Chads):

Tea Leaf (Caravans):

Trainspotter (Train numbers):

Radio Entusiast (radios):

Backtracker (Hidden Paths):

Completionist (100%):

ORIGINAL POST:

Hey everyone

I thought we might like to crowd-source a collectible guide for this game, to help with the hunt for that plat. 

As far as I can tell, there are 8 types of collectibles in the game:

Bittern Books - these are the brightly coloured books with pictures of a bird on the cover. The trophy Bibliophile requires that you read them all. It doesn't appear that you can interact with them, so merely keeping the front cover on screen for a few moments may suffice.

Chads - These are small graffiti images of a man with a long nose peeking out from behind a wall. There are 5 in total, and PS4Trophies has already done a video guide. (I recommend checking out his channel, in fact. He has guides up for a number of the other trophies in the game too, such as the Train numbers.)

Train numbers - Again, PS4Trophies has you covered. Only 2 locations in the game, so I say we needn't bother.

Caravans - I'm not sure whether to count this, as they're all in one area: the Camp Site. Again, PS4Trophies has done a guide for these.

Radios - There is an overlap between the Radio Enthusiast trophy and the Completionist trophy. However, because the Radio Enthusiast trophy asks you to listen to all the radio broadcasts before doing anything else, it is worth listing them separately. 

Other Story collectibles - Story comes from the radios, recorded telephone conversations, and the scenes you see play out when you reach certain points on the map. The trophy image appears to show a computer. I can't recall any computers in the game giving me story information, so I am unaware of any of these.

You Are Here maps - These are scattered throughout Yaughton and the surrounding area, and help you to get your bearings. There are also a number of maps which people have in their personal homes and cars which do not have a "You are here" marker; it is not clear if these count or not. I suspect that the maps of the camp site do count because they say "You Are Here" on them, even though they do not show the entire game's map.

Hidden Paths - These must be used to return to each area in the game. It's not clear how many there are, or whether they're marked on the maps.

Now, this project will only work if we follow some rules. Sorry to be a pain in the proverbial but this thread will be of very little use if it becomes a jumbled mess of posts.

1. Please follow this link if you would like to contribute - I have set up a Google Document with unlocked editing to allow you to record your collectibles.
  2. PLEASE DO NOT TROLL AND DELETE OUR WORK. That would be really shitty of you, and you are not a shitty person. This project requires some trust on the part of the people who want to contribute; please don't breach that trust.
  3. If you would like to post below for someone else to pick up and add to the Google Doc, please feel free to do so. However, PLEASE READ THE THREAD to make sure that you aren't describing a collectible that has already been mentioned.
  4.  Please provide enough information to allow a reader to know where to find the collectible in question, while being as concise as possible. 

Ultimately, we could try to turn this into a collectible guide on the site. 

If we do this right people, PSNP could have the first collectible guide on the net. A number of these collectible trophies still have 0%, so the community must need some help.

Thanks everyone for your time in reading this and your contributions. Hopefully, we can have a guide sorted in no-time.

If I've made a mistake here, please let me know. 

All the best

Stricken

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

Doubt this will work (being the first guide up, that is), I know several collectable video makers that revert engineer the location of the things, reason why you see so many videos up by the second or third day post launch (most of the times, even pre launch if they get review copies). Not trying to undermine your effort, but a simple heads up. Good luck with this.

Edited by TheYuriG

Doubt this will work (being the first guide up, that is), I know several collectable video makers that revert engineer the location of the things, reason why you see so many videos up by the second or third day post launch (most of the times, even pre launch if they get review copies). Not trying to undermine your effort, but a simple heads up. Good luck with this.

I realise it's unlikely we'd have the first, but it could be possible. The solution to PT was crowd-sourced in a few hours, after all.

Fuck, just realised I can't spell crowd.   :facepalm:

I realise it's unlikely we'd have the first, but it could be possible. The solution to PT was crowd-sourced in a few hours, after all.

Fuck, just realised I can't spell crowd.   :facepalm:

I have faith in you guys!

You can go into full edit and change the title like it never happened, then edit the posts and remove any mentions of it...  :ninja:

There's already a near-complete guide on one of the other sites, I'm afraid. No list for radios though since that one is still up in the air (two people at least have earned the platinum but haven't shared their knowledge) with all three lists I know of consisting of between 24-26 radios (two of which likely don't count) with the possibility of radios having been missed (as none of the three list makers have earned Completionist yet).

You are Here map video will be up shortly. I'm working on a video for the Bird books and then will tackle the radios. The issue with the radios is the caveat of you not being able to do anything else first so there's question about what negates it, such as interacting with the two radios that may not count towards the Radio Enthusiast trophy. In the end, I think I have all the radio locations. The biggest question left is how all is required for Completionist.

Loving the guides so far, Brian! Best of luck on the rest of them, you have quite a task ahead of you, haha.

I'm still waiting for a guide for "Backtracker". Nobody seems to be able to describe how to do it well and i've spent hours looking for these damn paths.

Well, according to what the others have been saying it's basically the dotted lines on the maps. The issue I have with that is the fact that some of the dotted lines are not actually walkable (one in particular on the left side north of the church is blocked from all sides by bushes or fences so I'm guessing it's just fully visible on the map due to it technically existing in-universe.

Well, according to what the others have been saying it's basically the dotted lines on the maps. The issue I have with that is the fact that some of the dotted lines are not actually walkable (one in particular on the left side north of the church is blocked from all sides by bushes or fences so I'm guessing it's just fully visible on the map due to it technically existing in-universe.

Yeah, i've gone both ways on every single dotted path I can find. I must be missing something.

Yeah, i've gone both ways on every single dotted path I can find. I must be missing something.

Yup, same here. I hate to quit now but there's no way to save left so I'll just have to redo those paths again later if they're required and whatever is missing is figured out :P

Yeah, I'm also having issues with getting Backtracker, lol - it doesn't help either because there are parts of the map that are inaccurate or seemed to have changed slightly over the course of the games development.

Combine that with the collectibles being "look at this" rather than being progress tracked or interactive, and there being no run (just a slightly faster walk) in this massive in-game town makes this whole experience with trophies highly annoying :P Either way, give it a few days an it will all be figured out (hopefully)

You are Here map video will be up shortly. I'm working on a video for the Bird books and then will tackle the radios. The issue with the radios is the caveat of you not being able to do anything else first so there's question about what negates it, such as interacting with the two radios that may not count towards the Radio Enthusiast trophy. In the end, I think I have all the radio locations. The biggest question left is how all is required for Completionist.

What's up PS4Trophies, your video guides have really been helping me out over the past two days, fantastic work as usual! ;) Surprised you've never made a forum post here until today too!

Edited by BlindMango

Thanks for all the help so far Brian. Keep it up. I'll be checking out your Bibliophile guide this evening.

I would have assumed that the "hidden paths" would be, you know, hidden... I wouldn't expect them to be the marked public footpaths which you see on the map. 

Happy to be wrong though. It'd make them easier to find when I go for them later. 

I've been taking pretty much every path linking every area back and forth, every trail, everything and I still haven't unlocked the trophy. At this point I've really gotten to know the map with all the trophies I've been going after so I don't think I've missed anything. I'm honestly thinking that Backtracker is just a glitched trophy, and I'm not sure what makes it glitched. I think there are 4 or 5 basic paths this trophy refers to. It's definitely referring to the gates with notices tacked onto them that are closed until you reach the area they link to, then they automatically open. Then I think it maybe refers to areas that don't have a gate with notices tacked to them, but they still connect each area, such as the windmill path, but ultimately I just think it's the gates.

I've been taking pretty much every path linking every area back and forth, every trail, everything and I still haven't unlocked the trophy. At this point I've really gotten to know the map with all the trophies I've been going after so I don't think I've missed anything. I'm honestly thinking that Backtracker is just a glitched trophy, and I'm not sure what makes it glitched. I think there are 4 or 5 basic paths this trophy refers to. It's definitely referring to the gates with notices tacked onto them that are closed until you reach the area they link to, then they automatically open. Then I think it maybe refers to areas that don't have a gate with notices tacked to them, but they still connect each area, such as the windmill path, but ultimately I just think it's the gates.

I must have missed all of these! What gates are you referring to? The only one I've seen open is the one you trigger right at the beginning of the game by tilting the controller.

I must have missed all of these! What gates are you referring to? The only one I've seen open is the one you trigger right at the beginning of the game by tilting the controller.

The small iron gate at the beginning? Not that kind of gate, they are really short but wide gates like you'd see on a farm which have a little white 'notice' paper on them (or maybe it says no trespassing or something). Anyway, once you move on to the area of town that those gates link to, they automatically open as they are shortcut paths so you don't have to use the long winding main road again - the notice paper then falls to the floor next to the gates one they open. There's one gate on the very northwest part of the farm area that links the last area and the farm area, one that links the farm area to the forest, and one that links Yaughton to a long path to the farm area.

Edited by BlindMango

The small iron gate at the beginning? Not that kind of gate, they are really short but wide gates like you'd see on a farm which have a little white 'notice' paper on them (or maybe it says no trespassing or something). Anyway, once you move on to the area of town that those gates link to, they automatically open as they are shortcut paths so you don't have to use the long winding main road again - the notice paper then falls to the floor next to the gates one they open. There's one gate on the very northwest part of the farm area that links the last area and the farm area, one that links the farm area to the forest, and one that links Yaughton to a long path to the farm area.

OOOOOOh, I never noticed that happening. Will have to investigate later.

I'm wondering if, got the "Completionist" trophy, you'll need to sit and watch each scene/telephone call/radio, etc, or whether you can just "run" around triggering them, then move on while they play out.

Bump to highlight PS4Trophies' videos in the OP.

Radio Enthusiast now added. 

The only one's now missing from the video guide series are Completionist and Backtracker. Although PS4Trophies has got "Backtracker" on his profile now, so I expect that will come soon.

If a mod comes across this thread, suggest it's renamed to "Video Collectible Guide" or something to aid PSNP members.

Yup, it's bugged, but I see you already got it ^^

OOOOOOh, I never noticed that happening. Will have to investigate later.

I'm wondering if, got the "Completionist" trophy, you'll need to sit and watch each scene/telephone call/radio, etc, or whether you can just "run" around triggering them, then move on while they play out.

You can just walk past them once you trigger them. This goes for radios as well when going for Radio Enthusiast.

Bump to highlight PS4Trophies' videos in the OP.

Radio Enthusiast now added. 

The only one's now missing from the video guide series are Completionist and Backtracker. Although PS4Trophies has got "Backtracker" on his profile now, so I expect that will come soon.

If a mod comes across this thread, suggest it's renamed to "Video Collectible Guide" or something to aid PSNP members.

Backtracker is now up :)

Quick note about the completionist trophy. In my video I actually missed one, what I call "Proximity Event", that occurs on the bridge above the train at the train station in Little Tipworth. I know a few others that have missed other single events but still got the trophy. Looks like if you miss one, you'll still get the trophy. If you found all of them, the trophy will actually pop in tower 5 at the observatory. 

• Like 2

Quick note about the completionist trophy. In my video I actually missed one, what I call "Proximity Event", that occurs on the bridge above the train at the train station in Little Tipworth. I know a few others that have missed other single events but still got the trophy. Looks like if you miss one, you'll still get the trophy. If you found all of them, the trophy will actually pop in tower 5 at the observatory. 

Good information. I'll add it to my guide. Thanks Brian.