Dissapointed a bit

Bought this game expecting a great nostalgic experience after 6 years from the last time i played all Doom games and best wads collection. But:

1.- The game has changed music, different than the original... in some levels the music has changed too much and there is no sensation of the nostalgia and terrific environment

2.- Controls, cant remap any button, disaster, also not sure if stick sensibility is possible to program but it makes the game so slower in reactions, even the PS1 versions has the option

3.- Sometimes the enemies don´t make sounds when they are near of you (sergeants and soldiers specially), surprise attacks are common

4.- Not sure if is my system or a common bug, but when i reload or save files, after pressing SAVE or LOAD GAME it takes most of times at least 15 seconds to load the save/load screen

This game is a real temptation with all of games included, but...

: /

Edited by CriminalCrimson
  • Like 1

Buy Doom 3 BFG Edition instead. I never got the chance to finish the first two games when i was a teenager but after playing through them i had a blast. And i did Nightmare mode too which was a lot of fun. Doom 3 was excellent too and i think it gets too much flak for not being "doom" enough.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well. about the changed music, PC version and Classic Complete version are a bit different, for example the drum tracks are hard to listen in the CC (less volume, in Evilution literally i stopped the music because some maps has terrible music without any emotion), some effects are different than the PC but some tracks are good to hear (like  Last Call TNT or Barrels of fun)

I think the worst part of this game are the controls, no custom sensibility, no remap. Now ill try the BFG Edition.

PS1 port is as far better even with the frame drops and less enemies

Thanks for the replies.