Resident Evil 2 Remake is Official

Aranea Highwind

First Final fantasy VII remake and now this? :o RE2 is one of my favourite games of all time, so this is awesome news. I know I shouldn't hype myself up over it, but it's just so hard not to. Anyway, if it turns out anything like the Revelations games than it should be good. :lol:

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1

Capcom obviously know what the fans want so why don't they make a new Resident Evil in the same vein as the original titles instead of the action games we've been getting? 

Parker

I think the problem is the lack of Hideki Kamiya. Also let's not forget as people complained at the previous controls the game has gone further and further into third person shooter territory, having high mobility to dodge slow moving enemies a horror game does not make.

That said Lost in Nightmares was probably the best work they've done in a horror sense since RE3, so fingers crossed working on these remakes might help them realse what they need to put in these games.

Easily my favorite of the series, hopefully they do a proper remake and don't just use the characters/setting with gameplay ala RE5.  Also, hopefully they don't change the original story too much, since that was one of the key factors in why it was so good.

Now I only wonder if we'll get to play as Hunk and Tofu...

Capcom obviously know what the fans want so why don't they make a new Resident Evil in the same vein as the original titles instead of the action games we've been getting? 

Parker

Well, there is hope with the Revelations series. In my opinion, those 2 games are the perfect mix of classic horror and modern gameplay.

• Like 1

This is really good news, RE2 is a great game and a favorite of mine but let's not forget Resident Evil 3 Remake. If that game got a Remake and VR support imagine the thrills of Nemesis chasing you all over again!

Also, while these Remakes and Remasters are great and brings the series to new audiences, they should really be putting their efforts in new games. This time going back to the series' survival horror roots not that RE6 BS.

If only Shinji Miakmi was still at Capcom...

Edited by NullRay85

Why they would make a HD version of PS1 title?  Well, I know what you mean, but still we need to see what they'll show us with REmake 2. 

Sorry, I mean't Remake. I'm pretty sure the result will be something similar to RE 1 REmake, which was outstanding.

Edited by NullRay85

First Final fantasy VII remake and now this? :o RE2 is one of my favourite games of all time, so this is awesome news. I know I shouldn't hype myself up over it, but it's just so hard not to. Anyway, if it turns out anything like the Revelations games than it should be good. :lol:

YEAH!!!

RE2 was the first game I had ever owned, my dad bought it for me along with my ps1 back in 1999 :D And it is along with RE4 my favorite RE game ever!! :D

Sorry, I mean't Remake. I'm pretty sure the result will be something similar to RE 1 REmake, which was outstanding.

REmake is probably the best remake of anything ever!!

NEWS of the YEAR! I'm almost sure Capcom will deliver it just as they have done with REmake, they had been hearing us since the backlash of RE6.

I can't hide my smile right now  :D

This is really good news, RE2 is a great game and a favorite of mine but let's not forget Resident Evil 3 Remake. If that game got a Remake and VR support imagine the thrills of Nemesis chasing you all over again!

Also, while these Remakes and Remasters are great and brings the series to new audiences, they should really be putting their efforts in new games. This time going back to the series' survival horror roots not that RE6 BS.

If only Shinji Miakmi was still at Capcom...

I think it would be insane for Capcom to not be producing more Resident Evil, I would expect 7 in fall next year