Resident Evil 2 Remake is Official

Aranea Highwind

I knew about this remake ages ago. If you ever played PlayStation Home, they hinted at this remake by giving you an item for your apartment, which was a portrait of Resident Evil 2. It was the only portrait of a PlayStation 1 game, all the other portraits were of PS3 and PS4 games. Which made me wonder why they would include a game that was made in 1998 as a reward item for my apartment on PlayStation Home? It didn't take long to figure out this was coming to PS3/PS4. I told all of my friends about this but they were skeptical but now that it's happened I can say to them 'I told you so'.

• Like 1

This is really good news, RE2 is a great game and a favorite of mine but let's not forget Resident Evil 3 Remake. If that game got a Remake and VR support imagine the thrills of Nemesis chasing you all over again!

Also, while these Remakes and Remasters are great and brings the series to new audiences, they should really be putting their efforts in new games. This time going back to the series' survival horror roots not that RE6 BS.

If only Shinji Miakmi was still at Capcom...

I feel the need to point out that RE6 at least tried to do new things sure it was a misstep (let's face it they could stick to the RE4 forumla and always get sales, regardless of which game people love RE5 was the most successful), but any company willing to try and change things is doing the right thing. It went wrong but looking at RE Rev 1 and 2, and now these remakes they know not to do the same things as 6 again.

I personally would give them the benfit of the doubt RE7 is definitely coming fingers crossed they decide to push it back in the right direction.

• Like 1

I knew about this remake ages ago. If you ever played PlayStation Home, they hinted at this remake by giving you an item for your apartment, which was a portrait of Resident Evil 2. It was the only portrait of a PlayStation 1 game, all the other portraits were of PS3 and PS4 games. Which made me wonder why they would include a game that was made in 1998 as a reward item for my apartment on PlayStation Home? It didn't take long to figure out this was coming to PS3/PS4. I told all of my friends about this but they were skeptical but now that it's happened I can say to them 'I told you so'.

Good story. 

• Like 1

i need a challege capcom. re5 re6 reorc arent a challege sorry.

If you need a challenge, there are much tougher games out there than the Resi games. Just saying.

OT: This is awesome. Capcom is keeping their word and they're going back to some of their older titles. I'll just sit here and keep waiting for Onimusha to be mentioned :awesome:

I feel the need to point out that RE6 at least tried to do new things sure it was a misstep (let's face it they could stick to the RE4 forumla and always get sales, regardless of which game people love RE5 was the most successful), but any company willing to try and change things is doing the right thing. It went wrong but looking at RE Rev 1 and 2, and now these remakes they know not to do the same things as 6 again.

I personally would give them the benfit of the doubt RE7 is definitely coming fingers crossed they decide to push it back in the right direction.

You make a good point there. Yes, despite its missteps, RE6 tried a few things and they could use more work in the future. The Revelations games are probably the closest thing we can get to old RE games but it would be more immersive withoout the second partner feature ( yes, its good for co-op, but its a survival horror game). To reiterate, i'm hoping that Capcom learns from their mistakes while making RE7.

You make a good point there. Yes, despite its missteps, RE6 tried a few things and they could use more work in the future. The Revelations games are probably the closest thing we can get to old RE games but it would be more immersive withoout the second partner feature ( yes, its good for co-op, but its a survival horror game). To reiterate, i'm hoping that Capcom learns from their mistakes while making RE7.

True, I think an option to turn off your coop partner (or he just wasn't there in SP I can't remember) like they did in Dead Space 3 would be a nice compromise.

Edited by Superbuu3

I always thought if they were to make a RE2 remake, it would be a RE2 + RE3 into one game since they both take place at/around the same time. Would be nice to play as Leon one chapter and then Jill the next and then switches back to Leon. Next campaign you flip flop and play as Claire and Carlos, I dunno something like that. It would be nice to see a cutscene where Leon and Claire are in one area in the RPD station and then a minute later Jill enters that same area, those near misses/near interactions between those characters. Or another cutscene where Nikolai(after meeting up with Jill and Carlos) catches a glimpse of Leon and Claire from a distance and sends Mr. X to take care of any "distractions" or survivors. But updated graphics are nice too I guess.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

On the latest 20th Anniversary interview, they mentioned the following about the fixed camera angles "They're working on modernizing it...". Another thing is that Anpo isn't directing the remake.

people says that fixed camera angles are outdated, but just look at Until Dawn, it has fixed camera angles and still was a success on sales and reviews. maybe they can make them similar to that game and get the camera follow the player from a certain point of view, or give the player the choice to switch between the old camera style and the new one, and the result will be like the easter egg of RE5's lost in nightmares DLC.

• Like 1

August 12, 2015

@Paige gave us the good news today: Resident Evil 2 Remake is official.

Perhaps Capcom will finally REdeem Leon for ruining their streak of quality even-numbered Resident Evil titles, which he coincidentally STARS in (get it? STARS?), when they shat on him and the consumers with the release of RE6. 

Leon's a good cop and he doesn't deserve that. Those assholes. 

August 13, 2015

In my opinion, Resident Evil 2 is a gaming masterpiece and the pinnacle of the series, which upon release, cemented Capcom's legacy as one of the main pioneers in shaping the survival horror genre in the video game industry. 

August 17, 2015

Not feeling too well. Sweating profusely over the past several days and losing lots of waterrrr. 

August 19, 2015

Rash itchy. Eyes... itchy. Maybe it's that Zika virus going around? Damn mosquitos. I piss on you.

August 22, 2015

Me itchy more. Scratchy, too. NBA Finals ongoing. WTF? Bet next year be rematch. lol.

August 26, 2015

Fush. Two days retirement me. Two. Me go sleepy now. Here selfie.

snap0093.jpg

Edited by AdventCloud7
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...