EA pulls Patrick Kane from NHL 16 Cover

xKrAzY_8sx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/08/12/ea-pulls-patrick-kane-from-nhl-16-cover-following-allegations-of-sexual-assault.aspx

An excerpt from the story, "Recently, Patrick Kane has come under investigation in his hometown of Hamburg, N.Y.  Details continue to trickle out regarding the incident; right now, the police are collecting and testing forensic evidence.Reports have emerged stating that it is an alleged rape investigation. "

Thoughts? I personally think this is a smart move by EA. I understand where they were originally going with putting two cover athletes on the cover of this year's NHL, but these allegations are just horrible. Our society places too much of the blame on women, and not enough blame on the men. Especially if those men are athletes *cough cough JameisWinston coughcough*

Yes I think it was a safe move.

As f for the story, I have to see the results and proof as well. I have a cousin who I know for a fact was lied on by his then-girlfriend and he was sentenced to 35 years. Then he was recently attacked in there and did what he had to do, now he's facing even more time. So while I do hate rapists, I understand that sometimes they were lied on. =/

Edited by -Dark Mark-

Thank god.  That original cover art was awful.  Almost enough to make me reconsider skipping another year, since I'm pretty much on the fence anyways and looking for reasons.

I'll try and not make baseless accusations... doesn't look good for ol' Kaner though.  Best case scenario, he has the accusation and a pretty serious police investigation tied to his name the rest of his career.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Kane was already on the NHL 10  cover anyway.  EA blows though, treating him as guilty already.

It makes plenty of business sense.  They can't do anything about NHL10 if he's charged, but why risk making a potentially convicted rapist the poster-athlete for your brand spankin' new game while they still have a chance to avoid it.  They don't know how this will play out better than anyone else, but they sure as hell know the path of least resistance. ;)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

• 5 months later...