Flappy Goat rage!

gavlar17

is it just me or is anybody else failing and getting frustrated at "the flapmaster" trophy? i keep on getting 7 or 8 tubes then i mess up. Are there any easy ways to do this or do you have to brave it out? whats even worse this is the last trophy i need before i get platinum! 

There had to be an ounce of challenge in the game right? It isn't RNG magic or a way to bypass it, your only hope is keep pressing triangle until you get it. 

Press the touchpad to turn slow mo on and get rid of the annoying music, it doesn't slow flappy goat down though.

Took me hours to master Flappy Goat. Kept choking on 9.

You can get close to the monitor by having the couch kind of forcing you up from behind, and use ripped goat so that he doesn't obscure the screen.

Can't wait for the Goat Simulator DLC to come out.

Game was BAAAAAAAAAAA!

Finally did it! After about 20 minutes of agony! I really hate Flappy Goat...

two nines

four eights

three sixes 

twelve fives 

and who knows how many fours, three, twos, ones and zeros!!

During my successful 10-run, i just imagined a line just above the bottom ladder, and made the goat jump off that every time, and it worked perfectly once the rhythm had sunk into my fingers!

Now time to do it again on PS4... :/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good lord I really hated this.

Took me two and a half god damn hours of bullshit for that.

Awful collision detection which can kill you even if you go past a gate, unresponsive buttons, screen tearing and freezing which killed me countless times. I mean Flappy Bird's difficulty is based on shonky collision detection, but this is even worse. 

Yeah I know HURR HURR IT'S A JOKE GAME but not if I have to pay for it and be intentionally obfuscated by the OH SO WACKY programming.

Satire is immediately dead the minute you charge for it in my opinion. 

I have no idea how 62% of people on here have it, yet on other games that are significantly easier you get incredibly low percentages at times. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

First time I spent a couple of hours solid going for it, because I'm shit.

Second time I did it in about 5 minutes.

Third time I got it in a couple minutes.

Fourth time I did it in a couple as well.

The moral of the story is: everybody sucks, but then you get better.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, this is clearly because people are all crap at this game. Please tell me how any of these deaths were an issue of skill.

because the hit box is a rectangle, the extremities of which are bound by the extremities of the goat sprite. (The bottom of the box is dictated by the height of his flappy tongue, the back by his tail)

And, given that people get the trophy by doing the thing over andover until they get better at it, it clearly is skill-based.

Not fun, but skill based.

I think the rage tends to stem from people buying this game thinking it will be an easy plat, then getting hung up on the one trophy that requires some time to master. It's a perfect punishment for people looking for easy trophies...

It got me...

Yeah, this is clearly because people are all crap at this game. Please tell me how any of these deaths were an issue of skill.

The moral of the story is: When you're on the internet and someone says "the moral of the story is", then it's probably not usually to be taken 100% super serially.

• 2 months later...

Most annoying minigame lol. Its literally a flying goat poptart that randomly dies even though your nowhere close to the ladder.

I got lucky and hit a glitch where I hit the couch into the TV, jumped on top of the couch to try and play, instead it had me zoomed in really good into the tv made it alot easier (upstairs in coffee place/house) still took me about an hour. Just leave it for a bit when raging, youl get it whe you least try.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Friends, do not be frightened of this trophy. It's simple. 1) Do not leave this trophy at the end before platinum - only aggravate the already hassle. 2) It's easy to get on the slot machine in the second location - the speed of the game on the machine seemed to me slower than on the TV in the first location. 3) Always lower the screen to hide the score on the screen. Believe me, it only distracts. And finally - the main advice When holding the joystick in your hand, move the small thumb of the right thumb to the button :circle:, and hold your finger on :triangle:-, more precisely, put it directly on it, will allow you to press :triangle: briefly in an instant that it will support the goat at the same level. A little stronger push - the goat will jump higher. Good luck!

PS Sorry for Google translate

Edited by U4oloG
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I Actually quite enjoyed the challenge of flappy goat... because the speed doesn't increase or the gaps don't get smaller, the tenth gate is as easy as the first... the difficulty is simply stringing together a good run...the problem i had with the ps3 version was the game would lag while saving so flappy would often crash :( I got both versions so GFYO flappy goat :)