• Scotland
    • Poland
    • Hungary
    • Sweden
    • Northern Ireland
    • Greece
    • Slovenia
    • Israel

I feel like Germany are still strong favourites. They managed to win a World Cup without a left side of attack for the most part, (Howedes at LB, and an uninspiring Ozil at LM, which made Schurrle's sub impacts seem monumental), so if Reus can remain fit this time round, they should have more going forward. However, Lahm retiring is a massive blow to the team, he was the glue at WC2014. Schweinsteiger being a couple years older and riddled with fitness concerns is a worry too. I'd like to see what players like Kramer, Draxler, Bellarabi, Volland and Durm can do in international tournaments now that they're blossoming quite nicely. 

France have a great potential starting lineup, but I have no idea what is going on with the team selection over there...

Spain are sort of in disarray, but still have a solid team, it all hinges on them getting Diego Costa functioning with them, but it's entirely possible that they could go big now that they don't have such a big target on their backs.

England are England. 

Belgium need to prove themselves SOON. Similarly to Spain, their play was disjointed and indicative of poor cohesion at the World Cup, despite having a solid team on paper. The hype hasn't left them though, this is arguably their greatest ever era, and they need something to show for it. 

Italy don't look particularly threatening, but that probably means they'll at least make the final... very hard to read, are the Italians.

Holland's super important players (Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie) are on their last legs now, so it's somewhat of a transitional period, and they will be looking at the PSV (or ex) lads to come good; Depay, de Jong, Wijnaldum, Narsingh. I am looking for de Vrij and Martins Indi to have another good tournament, was surprised to see them only go to Lazio and Porto after the World Cup.

Portugal/Wales/Sweden, one man teams.

That "overrated" coach brought NED to 3rd place on the World Cup and was capable of repairing broken MU after David "Genius" Moyes.

The only wrong thing he did was letting Shinji leave MU :/

Hmm, the players that stepped up for Utd last season were Mata and Fellaini, both Moyes signings. Whereas LVG's two main signings are now at Chelsea and PSG, just a year later. Whoever was the direct successor of Ferguson was always going to fail, it was a poisoned chalice. Fergie left an under-par squad, that only he could manage to success. If LVG had taken over then, instead of Moyes, he'd have been out on his arse too. 

Moyes needed to go, yes. But the stigma around him now is ridiculous. LVG not being able to get performances out of a world class player in Di Maria (I can't fault him for Falcao, he's not been the same since the injuries started), and not even being able to keep him at the club, shows bad management.

Edited by Baggers
  • Like 1

I voted for Northern Ireland!

...I'm too biased -_-

Don't worry is always better than choosing England!

I'd like to see what players like Kramer, Draxler, Bellarabi, Volland and Durm can do in international tournaments

Kramer actually played a really good WC and I was on the starting 11 in the World Cup final
  • Like 1

Kramer actually played a really good WC and I was on the starting 11 in the World Cup final

Hmm, he played about 40mins the entire tournament, and half of those were while concussed.. he was behind Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Khedira in the pecking order, only when Lahm was forced to RB, and Khedira injured himself in the warmup did he get a start, it's a shame he had to go off so early. 

Fellaini was tragic as hell and Mata wasn't in his prime...

Yup, but it was still them dragging the team through, along with Ashley Young, another unlikely one. De Gea, also, saved Utd countless points last season, too.

But when you look at Di Maria with 4 goals, Falcao with 4 goals, and seeing that Mata got 10, and even Fellaini with 7... a club like Man Utd should not have a top scorer with only 14 goals, either. It's a miracle they had a decent season.

This poll is ridiculous! 0 votes for Spain but 4 for England? As long as the Premier League keeps on spending towers of money for foreign players, their national squad won't win anything. They should learn from us. Our performances at Euro 2000 and Euro 2004 were pathetic, so we reinvented our whole youth programme. The result can be seen below.

3wpe9u75.jpg

Edited by Gildenmagier

Guys, guys, come on. I think you're overlooking the best team in Europe. The true champions.

Wales.

Good call, bet a tenner and you could end up as loaded as those guys who bet on Greece back in 2004.

Lol, I apologise to any Greek people just realised given the current situation that sounds terrible, I didn't mean it in that way.

Edited by Superbuu3

I vote for Spain. Although their performance in the WC was crap, I think the team has definitely changed over the past few months. Costa, Morata, Ramos, De Gea, Carvajal etc.. They have the potential to win it. Germany and Netherlands are right up there with them too though and maybe Belgium too :hmm:

It's FC Basel for most people, though xD

Shh, a moment of silence for those who didn't get the Gareth Bale joke :P

And Wales is group leader (by 3 points) in group B of the Qualifiers I believe (surprisingly enough, we -Belgium- couldn't beat them last time :S).

Our group consists of Israel, Cyprus, Andorra , Bosnia, Belgium and Wales. Luckily, we're second with only 3 points behind :)

Edited by Vivify-King

i admit i didn't understand the joke :)

I actually thought it was a follow up joke o.O

Shh, a moment of silence for those who didn't get the Gareth Bale joke :P

Wales would wish it was a joke, though :D

And Bale was a great player in Tottenham. He should have stayed in Premier League (In United :awesome:), playing with so many star players isn't something he was adapted to... 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami