Premium Upgrades

Sly Ripper

umm just off the back

1. I would say a bigger avy size. just to stand out a little.

2. the ability to add another image to the Sig area.

3. the ability to close a thread that they created if they find one created previously or deem it necessary. not that if an Adm/Mod closed it.

• Like 1

Sly, I remember you mentioning something about the people who donated for the Beta being permanent Premium members. Is that still the plan or will we have to pay the $3.99 a year also?

It's not a big deal if we do have to pay, just curious is all.

Thanks,

Parker

umm just off the back

1. I would say a bigger avy size. just to stand out a little.

2. the ability to add another image to the Sig area.

3. the ability to close a thread that they created if they find one created previously or deem it necessary. not that if an Adm/Mod closed it.

Premium users can now close their own topics.

Sly, I remember you mentioning something about the people who donated for the Beta being permanent Premium members. Is that still the plan or will we have to pay the $3.99 a year also?

It's not a big deal if we do have to pay, just curious is all.

Thanks,

Parker

Anyone that donated $10+ before now has premium for life.

If I remember correctly, Sly said something about the avatar size being hard coded, so it isn't a possibility.

I just checked over the settings and it is hardcoded the same size for everyone.
  • Like 1

I understand it's only 3.99, but how does Premium members being able to close their own topics benefit anyone? If I make a thread and it gets out of hand, I have to wait for you to intervene instead of making my own judgement to close it. Or if I make a duplicate thread, I can't even delete/close it before somebody posts in it.There are some good ideas for premium only features, but I don't believe that should be one of them.

• Like 1

I understand it's only 3.99, but how does Premium members being able to close their own topics benefit anyone? If I make a thread and it gets out of hand, I have to wait for you to intervene instead of making my own judgement to close it. Or if I make a duplicate thread, I can't even delete/close it before somebody posts in it.There are some good ideas for premium only features, but I don't believe that should be one of them.

From what I understand, if you have the ability to close your own topics, that means you also have the ability to re-open them. If that's the case then a topic that gets closed by an admin can get re-opened by the OP which will cause nothing but problems.

If you donate to the site you're more likely to follow the rules and be less of a jackass, meaning the admins probably won't have to worry about you re-opening a closed thread.

I could be way off base but I do recall someone talking about that happening on PS3T.

Parker

how about like a special forum maybe (not sure what for, but might have some use), or maybe some extra editing options for posting......hell, even maybe a different setup to the trophy cards, like alternate pics if that isnt too hard or something.

how about like a special forum maybe (not sure what for, but might have some use), or maybe some extra editing options for posting......hell, even maybe a different setup to the trophy cards, like alternate pics if that isnt too hard or something.

Again, sorry to piss on peoples fire's, but I think a forum just for premium members is pointless. I mean look at the one on .com, its rarely used.

Yes for no ads! I agree there shouldn't be a premium members only forum - the purpose isn't to make the other members feel excluded, it's to make the premium members feel like they stand out a little more. I'd be fine with a different color username or something small like that that distinguishes premium from other members.

First off, thanks Sly for no ads.

Second, i would like to see a rep system for people with Premium status.

NOW, before you go into a rant because of how people abuse it in .com, I do not mean you can physically give it out. You can GET rep by donating, or providing helpfull posts. (By helpfull, i mean posts that get a certain number of "Likes", maybe 40 so people cant spam posts) Then they can get rep from Sly or another appointed person. That cap should be EXTREMELY low to avoid ANY spammers. 20 maybey. And it can only be +1 every time.

Theres my 2 cents. I had more, but i forgot.