Premium Upgrades

Sly Ripper

First off, thanks Sly for no ads.

Second, i would like to see a rep system for people with Premium status.

NOW, before you go into a rant because of how people abuse it in .com, I do not mean you can physically give it out. You can GET rep by donating, or providing helpfull posts. (By helpfull, i mean posts that get a certain number of "Likes", maybe 40 so people cant spam posts) Then they can get rep from Sly or another appointed person. That cap should be EXTREMELY low to avoid ANY spammers. 20 maybey. And it can only be +1 every time.

Theres my 2 cents. I had more, but i forgot.

We don't use rep, we use likes. When you like a post it adds to a user's "rep".

Again, sorry to piss on peoples fire's, but I think a forum just for premium members is pointless. I mean look at the one on .com, its rarely used.

agreed, but at the time i just felt like maybe it was a idea, but a bad one...i like the alternate trophy card setup idea much more than that

i mentioned this before and someone else gave me an answer -- and this should be for every member -- being able to LOCK your own thread...

...as for premium members, i think each one should receive a little widget for their deskto. ps3t.com did it but it never updated so mine stopped working...its a small reward, but I loved it :D

Can a premium member pick their own color in the user titles? A little more stand out?

oh yes, and this too...but i think it would have to be a universal color instead of picking your own...

I like the idea of being able to lock your own topics. And the ability to reopen them, unless closed by site staff.

Also, rather than the username (PSN name I'm presuming) being a different color, I'd prefer the bar behind it to be a universal color.

Crude Mock-up:

4OHLp.png

• Like 1

I like the idea of being able to lock your own topics. And the ability to reopen them, unless closed by site staff.

Also, rather than the username (PSN name I'm presuming) being a different color, I'd prefer the bar behind it to be a universal color.

Crude Mock-up:

4OHLp.png

I like the idea (and the fact that you chose my name to use in your example), but maybe a less bright gold color. Something nice, light and just barely noticable like the shade of blue currently behind our names.

I think premium users should have something on their trophy cards, I don't know if it has been brought up. Even if it's just the word "Premium" on the bottom-left (similar to the "Powered By" line on the bottom-right). Obviously that "Premium" would only be available to premium users, but I think even then it should be optional.

I like the idea (and the fact that you chose my name to use in your example), but maybe a less bright gold color. Something nice, light and just barely noticable like the shade of blue currently behind our names.

Haha, you were the closest Premium. Yeah, I just chose a random gold-ish color. Another option could be inverting the normal text and bar colors, which would really fit the color theme already.

Crude Mock-up:

4OHLp.png

I also like this idea. simple yet make an impression.thumbsup.gif

How about display names for premium users? I'm sure that some people don't like the numbers in their psn name to be part of their forum identity, so giving them the option to turn on a display name might help.

It's not much, but I'm sure it would be appreciated

How about display names for premium users? I'm sure that some people don't like the numbers in their psn name to be part of their forum identity, so giving them the option to turn on a display name might help.

It's not much, but I'm sure it would be appreciated

I don't know, I know there'll surely be many who'd like to change their usernames but can't/won't pay lol.

well idk how this site is coded but if you guys looks at this screen youll notice blank blueish space on both sides

maybe a feature to upload a picture to give it a customize feel...guess a theme is what you would call it

or at least given the option of changing the color of the sides becuz it sure is bright

well idk how this site is coded but if you guys looks at this screen youll notice blank blueish space on both sides

maybe a feature to upload a picture to give it a customize feel...guess a theme is what you would call it

or at least given the option of changing the color of the sides becuz it sure is bright

I like this, but maybe have default themes for all members, and a custom option for Premium members. Or I guess that's up to him to decide if custom should be available for everyone, if at all possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this, but maybe have default themes for all members, and a custom option for Premium members. Or I guess that's up to him to decide if custom should be available for everyone, if at all possible.

Pretty things should be for everyone, they make people want to use the site.

Useful things should be for premium members, they make people want to shell out the cash.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I dont have anything there

If you mean the text field is empty, then your user title should be at the default, which for you right now is "Member". You can enter something in that text field and save the settings to change it.

If that's not what you're talking about, then could you be a little more specific?

I understand it's only 3.99, but how does Premium members being able to close their own topics benefit anyone? If I make a thread and it gets out of hand, I have to wait for you to intervene instead of making my own judgement to close it. Or if I make a duplicate thread, I can't even delete/close it before somebody posts in it.There are some good ideas for premium only features, but I don't believe that should be one of them.

From what I understand, if you have the ability to close your own topics, that means you also have the ability to re-open them. If that's the case then a topic that gets closed by an admin can get re-opened by the OP which will cause nothing but problems.

If you donate to the site you're more likely to follow the rules and be less of a jackass, meaning the admins probably won't have to worry about you re-opening a closed thread.

I could be way off base but I do recall someone talking about that happening on PS3T.

Parker

Not only this, but there are times when you want to close a thread you've made (e.g., when an artist wants to close their sig/platbar/etc. shop for a short time--or permanently). I think you should be able to close/reopen threads (as long as they weren't closed by an admin/mod).

can we have a premium user title or do we already have that

http://psnprofiles.c...e&module=usercp

It's under Profile Information.

Where exactly? The 'About Me'?

Crude Mock-up:

4OHLp.png

I'm still very fond of this idea. hopefully it gets implemented..........soon. :)