Favorite Game of All Time That Never Got a Sequel

Bullstomp

4 hours ago, Silent said:

Wolf among us 2 is coming out it still working in progress atm..

Riiiiiiiiight... They've been saying that for years, yet Telltale Games keeps doing shit that is not a Wolf sequel.

Alan Wake's sequel is "in progress" as well, for over half a decade now.

Sequels to Eternal Darkness and L.A. Noire were "in progress" as well, both were eventually cancelled. L.A. Noire's sequel even had some raw gameplay footage leaked.

If the sequel isn't known to be far into development, it can be in this thread. Certainly Wolf Among Us, whose sequel hasn't had anything official said about it since "we might" just after it was released.

On 3/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, HerrSandman said:

Shadows Of the Damned is a hell of a game that not much people knows about. It's funny, has a lot of action, great characters, and awesome musics.

Singularity is one of the best FPS for the PS3 and XBOX 360, and not much people have played it.

Enslaved is another one. A game packed with great action, nice characters, and it's a nice journey through a 'new world'

I would play Singularity, if the multiplayer trophies weren't so grindy. I have the game sealed on my shelf, but hesitant to open it.

1 hour ago, ShonenCat said:

Sadly, I know I'll never get a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur day ):

It's annoying how much Rare and Microsoft hate Conker. At the time, I thought it was pretty stupid that Nintendo didn't extend Rare's contract but they've done nothing of note since Conker. All the good guys have left by now, it seems.

Hey, at least we're getting Yooka-Laylee two weeks from now! And Retro Studios (of Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country Returns fame) has been working on something ever since Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze was released three years ago... Looking at their previous release dates, we should be pretty close to an announcement by now.

Unfortunately, Microsoft will never let go of the IPs they've purchased by getting Rare so we'll never see a legit Conker sequel, or Jet Force Gemini sequel, unless something drastically changes.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2016 at 2:46 AM, Jyn Erso said:

Dust: An Elysian Tail, Tearaway, Valiant Hearts: The Great War (Not specifically a direct sequel, but it could be set in another war period like World War 2 or the Cold War, for example.), Remember Me, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Would love a second game.), Bully (Really loved it.), and a sequel to Knack, didn't think it was bad at all.

Knack 2 is on its way :) haha

On 11/3/2016 at 10:46 PM, Jyn Erso said:

Dust: An Elysian Tail, Tearaway, Valiant Hearts: The Great War (Not specifically a direct sequel, but it could be set in another war period like World War 2 or the Cold War, for example.), Remember Me, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Would love a second game.), Bully (Really loved it.), and a sequel to Knack, didn't think it was bad at all.

Blood Dragon kinda sorta had a sequel (Story sequel, but different gameplay), Trials of the Blood Dragon.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, HerrSandman said:

Shadows Of the Damned is a hell of a game that not much people knows about. It's funny, has a lot of action, great characters, and awesome musics.

I'll see your Shadows of the Damned and raise you a Lollipop Chainsaw. :P

I kind of like that Suda51 usually does something different with each game, but on the other hand I would love to see sequels to those two. I just recently read that he hated the final Shadows of the Damned game because it was changed a lot from his vision, but I still loved it. Actually my friend lent it to me when I first got my PS3 along with MGS4 and a few others. I was sold when he mentioned the talking gun. :) That reminds me, I need to go back and Platinum SotD. Lollipop Chainsaw was one of the most fun Platinums I've done... hopefully SotD's Platinum strikes the same balance between frustrating and enjoyable... 

It's technically a sequel itself, but I always wanted to have a second LEGO Star Wars Clone Wars game to cover the later seasons, or a LEGO Star Wars Rebels game. I like the source material a lot, and I always thought the LEGO games were at their best when they covered the original, best licensed property. I'll be happy with another LEGO Star Wars game of any kind though; I think ones for Episodes 8 and 9 are probably more likely at this point. 

Also, I'd like a sequel to LEGO City Undercover. I'm glad it's getting ported to more systems; maybe good sales will make a sequel more likely? 

Most of my favourite games seem to have gotten sequels (FFX, XII, XIII, KH series etc) or are part of a series with individual stories like Persona, Tales, Disgaea.... Although I would love a sequel for The World Ends With You (NDS/iOS), a Psycho Pass 2, and maybe an FFX-3. 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:52 AM, ShonenCat said:

Sadly, I know I'll never get a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur day ):

conkers-bad-fur-day-n64.jpg

Omg! I love that game! I used to play that with my cousins I love the multiplayer one it's so fun! I think they have a pc version and it's horrible..

Nier_(game_box_art).jpg& DarksidersII.jpg

Nier really is a standalone game and works on it's own quite well. It doesn't really need a sequel, but still fits here....

Darksiders 2 kind of needed a sequel, but I can see why they wouldn't want to go for that. Plus from my experience the third game is always the one that ruins the franchises.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotta agree with a few others.. The Legend of Dragoon. Amazing game, wicked story and it brought some battle mechanics not yet seen. People have been making forums and mini-sites devoted the search for a group to remaster/remake/give a sequel to this amazing game.

• 4 months later...
On 14.8.2015 at 4:37 PM, Bullstomp said:

• Brigandine(PS1) - REALLY fun rpg/strategy game with amazing graphics (for its time) Actually this game is pretty expensive if you try to buy it now. If this were re-released with trophies I would drop everything else I'm doing and jump on it

Brigandine was a great game. The character interactions at the castles and on the battlefield were what hooked me to the game

Bully: When I first saw the thread title this was the game that immediately jumped to mind. It had all the hallmarks of a classic Rockstar game - open world, dark humour, great characters and setting, brilliant gameplay etc. I recently replayed it on the PS4 and the game hasn't lost an ounce of its charm. Thinking about it though, it isn't the kind of game that warrants a sequel unless you do it the way GTA does sequels - new characters and setting in each game. 

Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2: I'm not sure if this fits into the criteria since the game itself is a sequel, we just never got a sequel to the sequel. I never really liked the original Dark Cloud and didn't even finish the first game. But my brother bought Dark Chronicle when it first came out and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the perfect sequel and improved the gameplay in every aspect imo. It still remains one of my favourite PS2 games and brings back fond memories.

• 4 years later...