Favorite Game of All Time That Never Got a Sequel

Bullstomp

I can't think of too many games that I've played that haven't gotten sequels...

As it is South Park is getting a sequel (of sorts?) and Dishonored is as well.

I will go with Enchanted Arms or Rage. Enchanted Arms was like one of my favorite ps1 games Wild ARMS and Rage...that "ending"...why...

I don't know which I would choose though. :/ 

Black

- first and almost only FPS game I really liked

Oh damn I completely forgot about this game. 

Back when I played PS2 I was never a FPS player really. I played CoD here and there with some friends at their house and never got into Socom.

Black on the other hand was the first FPS I got into, but DAMN did some of the enemies take clips and clips of ammo to put down.

• Heavenly Sword (PS3)- Story was a big "so what" but the gameplay and graphics are awesome.No idea why this game has no sequel (or trophies)

How about you all, are there any games you wish had a sequel but don't?

Heavenly Sword came out before trophies were a thing on Playstation.

Folklore. I think the potential for sequels on this is huge. 

Heavenly Sword came out before trophies were a thing on Playstation.

Agreed. BUT so did GTAIV, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Metal Gear Solid 4. They were patched in after the fact.

Okami got a sequel, it was called Okamiden and it was on the Nintendo DS.

Thanks for that. Never had a DS so seriously had no idea. But based on what others are saying, I don't think I will rush to get a ds for this game :(

Edited by Bullstomp

Thanks for that. Never had a DS so seriously had no idea. But based on what others are saying, I don't think I will rush to get a ds for this game :(

It's not at all bad, but it's nowhere near the level of perfection of the original.

Agreed. BUT so did GTAIV, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Metal Gear Solid 4. They were patched in after the fact.

Heavenly Sword just happens to be 1 of the 230 PS3 titles that didn't get trophy support via a patch. As Lance_87 said, there are more unpatched titles than patched ones.

Sorry!

Jet Set Radio Future. It got insanely high reviews, but I don't know about the sales. SEGA turned down an approach for a new Jet Set Radio, whose concept art got leaked. Also WHACKED! and Kung Fu Chaos on the original Xbox. Although I can't really complain seeing as though my favorite game is Halo, and they will make new Halo games with $100 million dollars budgets for the next century.

• Like 1

Many, but here are some:

• Anachronox
  • Back to the Future (Telltale Games)
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Grim Fandango
  • Heart of Darkness
  • Heavy Rain (not counting Beyond obviously)
  • Psychonauts
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Sam & Max Season 3
  • Stacking
  • Tales from Monkey Island
  • The Bouncer
  • Wizardry 8

Left out games that are in the process of getting sequels or that the devs/publishers have mentioned a sequel for. Psychonauts included though because Notch dropped out of funding it.

I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Rage yet. Fantastic game but never a sequel!!

I can't think of too many games that I've played that haven't gotten sequels...

As it is South Park is getting a sequel (of sorts?) and Dishonored is as well.

I will go with Enchanted Arms or Rage. Enchanted Arms was like one of my favorite ps1 games Wild ARMS and Rage...that "ending"...why...

I don't know which I would choose though. :/ 

:P