Favorite Game of All Time That Never Got a Sequel

Bullstomp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

One of my fav games is Glover for the N64. I know that theyre gonna have a sequal but it was canned afterwards.. =(

Glover was amazing.

I want a Rage sequel. Sure the plot was shitty but I thought the actual gameplay was pretty good. By the looks of it though I could just play Mad Max and pretend it's Rage 2.

Edited by BhekifaZ

I see I'm not the only one (though I'm surprised it took til page 4), but... The Saboteur.  Was checking out another game and randomly read a review that stuck out that said 'if I liked this game, I'd like Saboteur'.  I read more and more (all positive) reviews, checked it's price, and ordered a copy.  It was amazing.  Back then I played on 360, but about a year or two ago a coworker mentioned they had a PS3 copy, so I borrowed that and relived the awesomeness.  While it technically doesn't need a sequel, and Pandemic is no more (thanks a lot and fuck you too EA), I still would play the shit out a direct sequel.  Hell, even a spin-off! lol

There's a lot of other games I liked that got sequels that were meh, got movies/tv shows about them, or have sequels in the works, so I won't mention them here, but I will say that truly amazing games tend to get proper direct sequels far less often than most of the cookie-cutter mediocre shit that gets released these days.  Very unfortunate.