Favorite Game of All Time That Never Got a Sequel

Bullstomp

Sure, I'll give it a whirl:

1) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2*

2) Darksiders 2*

*I know, these games are sequels already, but since they both ended on cliffhangers that we probably will never see resolved I put them on the list B)

O.k. now for the real ones:

1) Chrono Trigger: Chrono Cross doesn't count!

2) Alien vs. Predator: The Arcade Game: It's a classic and needs a sequel (or at least an HD remaster on PS3/PS4

3) Metal Gear Rising: Revengence: With Konami getting out of the console/PC market, we probably won't see this happening anytime soon. Which is a shame since, before the Hideo Kojima contraversy, they hinted at a part 2 :(

Final Fantasy VII. Yeah, I know Advent Children is considered a sequel to the game, but if we're talking about sequels in video game format, then it doesn't have one. The thing is, even if they were to make a sequel I would be hesitant about it. I adore the FFVII universe, but I think the story ended where it needed to end. Also they've said they are tweaking the story for the remake, so I'm pretty excited to see a different take on some of the story/plot points of the original.

Technically , there is already a video game sequel as well: Dirge of Cerberus.  

I am going to echo some others with saying Legend of Dragoon.  another would be Vagrant Story or Final Fantasy Tactics proper.  The advance games were great, but I want a full fleged sequel to the original, one of the greatest games of all time.

None of these are my "favourite games of all time", but I still loved them and wish they'd get sequels.

Binary Domain (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

BREAKDOWN (Original Xbox)

Legacy of Kain: Defiance (PC, PS2, Original Xbox)
Summoner 2 (PS2, Gamecube)
Zombi U (Wii U)

Edited by Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...