I Plan to Beat Dark Souls Before Twitch

GaryHyphenJon

DEMON'S SOULS

For those interested, I've been playing Demon's Souls alongide Dark Souls and have just defeated The Penetrator (with the help of Bjiorr) and am planning to take on the Old Hero next.

Hmm, that means you've beat some other world too. Demon's Souls is a bit less linear in this sense, so what levels have you done?

You do not need to kill the blob spider attached to the wall to progress, but i'd advise you do so anyways, because it guards arguably the best pyromancy in the game. You can either cheese it with arrows or get into the room behind it, although i can't quite remember how precisely to get there as i skip Blighttown in the majority of my playthroughs. If you just want to get to the boss the best way to progress would be to always look for a way down u til you get to a swamp. You'll know you're heading the right way from there when Shrek and his buddues start throwing rocks at you. I'm probably a bit late to tell you this but whatever.

EDIT: Yup, way too late. Whatever, good luck in Sen's Funhouse.

Oh, an Twitch actually did beat the Asylum, they're making slow progress in the burg now.

Edited by HappyKastanie

You do not need to kill the blob spider attached to the wall to progress, but i'd advise you do so anyways, because it guards arguably the best pyromancy in the game. You can either cheese it with arrows or get into the room behind it, although i can't quite remember how precisely to get there as i skip Blighttown in the majority of my playthroughs.

There is a ladder that takes you up and behind him. I'll find a video or something for our friend!

HI guys,

So I've done a bunch of stuff since my last post, so I'll do my best to tell you what happened in the right order.

1. I beat Quelaag after many tries, I used Maneater Mildred as a distraction, which was good because she was a real hassle on my own.  The massive swamp by the way, absolutely sucked and I'm happy I never have to go there again (I hope).

2. After Blighttown I was a little lost, but I somehow stumbled into The Depths and had quite a time in there.  Everything I encountered was gross, the giant rat freaked me out so bad that I ran away and fell into a hole only to be again attacked by giant eyed gross things. Again, I made my way diligently through the creepy cavern and defeated the boss at the end.  This fight sucked, not because it was hard, but because I was one hit away from beating it when my PS3 decided to disconnect from the Internet, forcing me to do the fight again.

3. Obviously I didn't need the key the boss dropped, so I decided to go fight the thing near the Blacksmith and finally made my way into the garden.  I defeated the butterfly, as well as the guy at the bottom of the watchtower.

4. Since then I've been trying to run past the Hydra to the ladder, since I don't think I can beat it.  I know the Blacksmith sells a key to the door near the bonfire, but I don't know if it's worth the grind.

So that's where I'm at, I don't wanna go through Sen's Fortress or the Valley of Drakes yet, so I guess this is my path for now.  If anyone has ay tips about how to take on the Hydra, It'd be greatly appreciated.

TWITCH UPDATE

They beat the Asylum Demon! (Yay).  I'm a little worried that Twitch will catch up to me, they're using some sort of RTS way to beat the game, which is kind of cheating, but probably the only way to get through it.

Anyway, last I checked they were in the Undead Burg.

COMMUNITY THANKS

Once again, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the thread, its been great and all your help has been very much appreciated. 

Hydra is easy. Just try and lure its water bullets into killing the golems, then zigzag as you approach it and when your close, just hold a block whenever he is going to attack and attack his heads when they are in the ground. When you get down to the last few heads it will seem like the heads are just out of reach when they hit the ground, but just be patient and they will land near you soon enough. Also beware of the ledge in the water, if you fall you will die, it is quite easy to see however. I shat myself when I first saw him, but thought yolo and he was actually very easy.

Also you probably have your favourite weapons already but I highly recommend the Halberd. After 4 playthroughs, its just so much stronger and quicker than anything and I am yet to find a better weapon. Once you get a boss to stall, equip it double hand for a few hits and revert back for some amazing damage. Definitely leave Valley of Drakes, even just before the final boss its tough. Next on the list after the Hydra would be Sens Fortress. You can go further into the garden or get the crest from the blacksmith but its not necessary and will be much easier after you are done with Anor Londo. Sens fortress is more of a platforming area imo and once you learn how to deal with the Snake dudes, its quite simply. Also you will get the lighting spear there which is probably the best weapon at that point in the game.