Game gives super Motion Sickness

I thought it would give me motion sickness since the trailer set me off straight away, such a shame I wanted to play this.

Although I have severe motion sickness I just managed to play a whole hour of far cry 4 (so proud ha ha) by taking ginger tablets, motion sickness tablets and having a bottle of water with me to keep sipping on, that might work for you?

Who did you expect to tell you? You could've looked it up in fairness.

Over 3k people played this game, at least some of them must have had motion sickness while playing. A pre-warning would be nice like some guy did on Ether one or like I did yesterday.

I thought it would give me motion sickness since the trailer set me off straight away, such a shame I wanted to play this.

Although I have severe motion sickness I just managed to play a whole hour of far cry 4 (so proud ha ha) by taking ginger tablets, motion sickness tablets and having a bottle of water with me to keep sipping on, that might work for you?

I didn't even know there was such a thing as motion sickness tablets. Thanks for the tip I will try this since I'm really curious about game

• Like 1

I do sometimes get motion sickness - Ether One and The Unfinished Swan were particularly bad - but I played this for about 4 hours last night and a couple more tonight and haven't had a problem so far.

I don't know whether a game's movement speed is a contributing factor in motion sickness (it seems to be for me) but it might be worth giving it a try for some people, since the movement speed is waaay slower than most of the games mentioned so far. 

• Like 1

Is it the slower movement speed that is setting off the motion sickness? Genuinely curious, I never had motion sickness outside of reading in a moving car.

I know you can get ginger pills and that's supposed to help (literally just crushed ginger root in pill form)

Is it the slower movement speed that is setting off the motion sickness? Genuinely curious, I never had motion sickness outside of reading in a moving car.

I know you can get ginger pills and that's supposed to help (literally just crushed ginger root in pill form)

I've always found the games with quicker movement speed made me sick. I remember playing Doom at my uncle's house when I was a nipper and barfing everywhere!

Edited by germ1984
  • Like 1

Yeah this can happen for some people when a game has a really low field of view. Everybody's gone to the rapture does indeed have a low FOV, but thankfully this doesn't throw me off too much. Generally I find it to be a bit of an inconvenience in faster-paced games simply because you can't see as much of what is around you, but it never causes me to feel sick. I feel bad for anyone who does get like this tho :(

Edited by George08boatfg

• 1 year later...
On 16/8/2015 at 6:02 PM, MilanYildirim said:

I wish I was told about this, for those who suffer from motion sickness should know this game is worse than Ether One when it comes to motion sickness.

I thing that I may be suffering from this and I didn't know... I'll have to check this out. Is it like playing and suddenly you start feeling nauseous? This happened to me a couple of times in the recent past and I thought it could be related to me needing glasses or something like that. Last time it happened to me was while playing Datura. Man! That one made me feel awful! Luckily it was not long to complete :P I did take breaks, though xD

7 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I thing that I may be suffering from this and I didn't know... I'll have to check this out. Is it like playing and suddenly you start feeling nauseous? This happened to me a couple of times in the recent past and I thought it could be related to me needing glasses or something like that. Last time it happened to me was while playing Datura. Man! That one made me feel awful! Luckily it was not long to complete :P I did take breaks, though xD

Yes, that sounds like motion sickness pal. Welcome to club, you are going to hate it

• Like 1

I have motion sickness as well. Spyro and Killzone 3 were the worst for me. Killzone three made me want to throw up, I just couldn't play the game online at all or I'd be stuck in bed after half an hour. I had it on this game as well, but luckily I could do a full playthrough of this game without getting sick. I really liked it as well. Very my kinda game. Immersive, chill, great music, beautiful visionals and a good story.

Edited by FOX
  • Like 1

On 16/08/2015 at 6:02 PM, MilanYildirim said:

I wish I was told about this, for those who suffer from motion sickness should know this game is worse than Ether One when it comes to motion sickness.

I think it's very insightful when some1 tells the community about their personal experience in gaming. Thank you for doing it, i am sure others that haven't played the game yet will appreciate it. I really didn't like the game but i was lucky enough, i guess, to not have motion sickness. Now that i think of it, it would have been quite funny if i disliked the game and had motion sickness of it, lol. I would have been quite frustrated lol. ?

On 19/08/2015 at 0:54 AM, germ1984 said:

I do sometimes get motion sickness - Ether One and The Unfinished Swan were particularly bad - but I played this for about 4 hours last night and a couple more tonight and haven't had a problem so far.

I don't know whether a game's movement speed is a contributing factor in motion sickness (it seems to be for me) but it might be worth giving it a try for some people, since the movement speed is waaay slower than most of the games mentioned so far. 

Hey ^^ you know, i had motion sickness in the unfinished swan. I had it in ps3 and back again in ps4, So i played the game taking very long breaks. It didn't prevent me from playing it, because i loved the game.

Overall i did notice that games that gives me motion sickness (i have it in Uncharted ?) are games that i focus too much in trying to look at the environment and background for too long while the camera is moving.?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

I think it's very insightful when some1 tells the community about their personal experience in gaming. Thank you for doing it, i am sure others that haven't played the game yet will appreciate it. I really didn't like the game but i was lucky enough, i guess, to not have motion sickness. Now that i think of it, it would have been quite funny if i disliked the game and had motion sickness of it, lol. I would have been quite frustrated lol. 1f602.png

Glad to have helped pal. Sad to hear you didn't like the game though

• Like 1

I haven't played this game yet, but I doubt it would give me motion sickness since it's a slow-walking game. If, however, I have to point out a game that gave me uber motion sickness, it's F.E.A.R. 3 -- I played it on PC back then, and historically, I played most of Call of Duty games. Since then, I never want to touch any first-person games anymore. ?

On 28/05/2017 at 10:04 AM, FOX said:

I have motion sickness as well. Spyro and Killzone 3 were the worst for me. Killzone three made me want to throw up, I just couldn't play the game online at all or I'd be stuck in bed after half an hour. I had it on this game as well, but luckily I could do a full playthrough of this game without getting sick. I really liked it as well. Very my kinda game. Immersive, chill, great music, beautiful visionals and a good story.

The only game ever to give me motion sickness was Killzone 3.

no idea why, but that one game was a killer.

• 1 year later...

The frame rate on this seems to chug, and the movement speed is so slow that it doesn’t line up with what my brain is expecting from my inputs. I think some mixture of those two things is causing it for me. I actually like the game, though. Nice little story, albeit a deeply sad one. 

• 2 years later...
On 19/08/2015 at 6:48 AM, Feral said:

Well shit, must really suck getting motion sickness from a game. Never experienced it.

It is quite common, and its often down to the backgrounds or the movements of the game that will give the player a headache or make them nauseous, its why I avoid First Person Shooters, cannot play games like that, I avoid anything First Person tbh, although I did play Soma and funnily enough it didn't make me sick and I have played "walkathons" before in the 1990's and they didn't seem to do anything.  Just these games like COD, or Doom [ my sister first experienced that game on its original release and it gave her a headache so she cannot play them any more, she tried to help me with LBP but she couldn't do it for long as she said it made her eyes funny ].  I was fine with Strangers Wrath because he only shot in FP but you wandered around in 3rd Person so it was okay.   I have never played this game, but it looks pretty so its  a pity that it made @MilanYildirim feel sick.

• Like 1