Save points ?

Roster13

At least try to reach late chapter 4 or the start of 5

The next big hinder will be the big truck tunnel, I think that's chapter 9

After that depending on your resources you can make it to 14, if you're not too comfortable by then settle for 12

Best and most cost efficient gun is seeker rifle, upgrade it's alternate firing power fully. If you don't mind using exploits you can farm some nodes at the beginning to get you started. Having extra stasis and armour is very useful

I've already told you before but the chapters I went and saved on were 7, 11 and 13. They did me pretty well and was how I earned the trophy.

Chapter 7: Either before of after the lift. If you're confident that you can finish the lift part without dying, go for it. I imagine that after going through 7 chapters without saving though, you'll be eager to save.  :D

Chapter 11: When in the Ishimura, get a couple of save points in and make sure to save. My first death was shortly after that so I don't recommend risking it. The guys who explode can be very dangerous here I found.

Chapter 13: Do yourself a favour and save right before the eye poke machine. I can't tell you how nerve wracking that part of the game can be if you haven't saved for a while. It's without a doubt the cheapest and worst way to end a hardcore run, so just save!

I wish you the best of luck dood!  :)

Edited by Undead_Wolf_N7
  • Like 2

There's a big room you pass through in chapter three, and then you go back through in chapter 6 with like 6-7 leapers that I had massive trouble with for some reason so that's where I made my first save. No really don't remember the middle save was just after the drill part because that next room is absolutely horrific for some reason and the third I made right before the eye poke machine. It's all about where you feel comfortable though different people have problems with diff areas

If you didn't know, 90% of ammo drops are based on what weapons you have equipped, so don't buy shit you don't need. The ripper is awesome for pretty much everything and the Detonator is your best friend for defense. If you are having issues, Wolfie has an awesome YouTube run and CJG does an entire no damage run on there, no commentary in that one though. Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1

At least try to reach late chapter 4 or the start of 5

The next big hinder will be the big truck tunnel, I think that's chapter 9

After that depending on your resources you can make it to 14, if you're not too comfortable by then settle for 12

Best and most cost efficient gun is seeker rifle, upgrade it's alternate firing power fully. If you don't mind using exploits you can farm some nodes at the beginning to get you started. Having extra stasis and armour is very useful

Any personal tips which weapons I should be using?  

I was thinking the basic.Plasma Cutter,Line Gun for stronger enemies and Pulse Rifle for a large group of enemies.

You could check out this thread to hear other gamers efforts that might also give you tips on where to make your saves:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/3459-regale-your-hardcore-efforts/

I actually did before making this topic. Was just looking for some personal experience so I can see which Chapters people often saved.

There's a big room you pass through in chapter three, and then you go back through in chapter 6 with like 6-7 leapers that I had massive trouble with for some reason so that's where I made my first save. No really don't remember the middle save was just after the drill part because that next room is absolutely horrific for some reason and the third I made right before the eye poke machine. It's all about where you feel comfortable though different people have problems with diff areas

If you didn't know, 90% of ammo drops are based on what weapons you have equipped, so don't buy shit you don't need. The ripper is awesome for pretty much everything and the Detonator is your best friend for defense. If you are having issues, Wolfie has an awesome YouTube run and CJG does an entire no damage run on there, no commentary in that one though. Good luck and have fun.

I'm going to check on that Youtube run before I start my own playthrough,thanks.

The less weapons you're carrying the better. Seeker rifle is a must, for crowd control a pulse rifle and plasma will do just fine. You can sell the expensive ammo types and save your nodes for upgrading suit and stasis, seeker rifle only

Any personal tips which weapons I should be using?  

I know of one guy who's beaten all I hardcore with nothing but the javelin gun, which I can't stand. It shows that you can make pretty much any set up work as long as you have learned the spawns and play it safe.

I personally stop carrying the plasma cutter pretty early on.

For 90% of the game my setup is

Ripper - upgraded will kill any dark or normal necro with one blade. Is absolutely awesome against The Pack,

Put you're back to the wall and just let them run into the blade.

Line Gun(alt fire only) - the size and damage of the explosion can't be beat. Once you learn to time it you can lure small groups of necros into one explosion and profit.

Detonator - for maze rooms or when you know something is going to jump out behind you. Booby trap behind you to be safe, move forward confident that shit won't get to you without at least making noise, probably dying if you place it right. If you reach the door to the next area go back and collect all your mines that didn't get detonated. One small bonus, when you upgrade the ammo mode on the work bench it completely refills, so you can shoot mines, deactivate them and pick them up. When the gun is empty upgrade an ammo node and it'll be full again, without using your stockpile.

Also, learn2love kinesis. Every claw/blade you pull off a necro is ammo you didn't waste. Also, a puler, regular or dark can be killed with one shot if you catch there projectile and shoot it back at them. Lol, you can actually use a trash can or any other blunt object and kill a necro with 8-10 shots if you want to be really ammo conscious. Just keep picking it up and hitting me again and again.

I know some people like to stasis enemies and then punch/stomp them apart but I'm not a fan, except as a last ditch, completely out of ammo, need to make it to the next room resort.

The less weapons you're carrying the better. Seeker rifle is a must, for crowd control a pulse rifle and plasma will do just fine. You can sell the expensive ammo types and save your nodes for upgrading suit and stasis, seeker rifle only

Yeah,my plan is to have 2 weapons on me and later into the game get a third one.Aside from med-packs,the rest will be sold.

I know of one guy who's beaten all I hardcore with nothing but the javelin gun, which I can't stand. It shows that you can make pretty much any set up work as long as you have learned the spawns and play it safe.

I personally stop carrying the plasma cutter pretty early on.

For 90% of the game my setup is

Ripper - upgraded will kill any dark or normal necro with one blade. Is absolutely awesome against The Pack,

Put you're back to the wall and just let them run into the blade.

Line Gun(alt fire only) - the size and damage of the explosion can't be beat. Once you learn to time it you can lure small groups of necros into one explosion and profit.

Detonator - for maze rooms or when you know something is going to jump out behind you. Booby trap behind you to be safe, move forward confident that shit won't get to you without at least making noise, probably dying if you place it right. If you reach the door to the next area go back and collect all your mines that didn't get detonated. One small bonus, when you upgrade the ammo mode on the work bench it completely refills, so you can shoot mines, deactivate them and pick them up. When the gun is empty upgrade an ammo node and it'll be full again, without using your stockpile.

Also, learn2love kinesis. Every claw/blade you pull off a necro is ammo you didn't waste. Also, a puler, regular or dark can be killed with one shot if you catch there projectile and shoot it back at them. Lol, you can actually use a trash can or any other blunt object and kill a necro with 8-10 shots if you want to be really ammo conscious. Just keep picking it up and hitting me again and again.

I know some people like to stasis enemies and then punch/stomp them apart but I'm not a fan, except as a last ditch, completely out of ammo, need to make it to the next room resort.

Not a big fan as well of the punch/stomp.  I haven't used Detonator on my others playthrough,so I still need to learn how to use more and not hit myself with the traps. Might just go with Plasma Cutter and Line Gun,along with the seeker rifle later on. But I will keep the Ripper in mind,Thanks  :)

I saved at chapters 5, 10 & 13.   Use whichever weapons you are comfortable with but iirc the contact beam is extremely useful with the stasis effect and high damage, and make good use of your own stasis packs too.   Kinesis is very useful if you feel you have the time to utilise it, or need to conserve ammo.   

It is a bit tense but there are really only a few parts that might give you trouble, the lift, riding the drill platform and the eye machine, it's been years since I played it but one thing I do know is make sure to pay attention at the very end...and don't be flying into rocks!  :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 17 August 2015 at 7:58 PM, Condemned09 said:

My saves was on

Chapter 4

Chapter 7 before the elevator fight

Chapter 12 before the drill fight

I highly recommend using your last save before the eye poke machine good luck

I did mine on c3 I had no choice my partner woke up very early, then c7 now I've just beat chapter 7 thing is Iain's even lost 1 bit of armour/health yet, now I'm gonna go for chapter 13 as to me that is a beast of a chapter. Chapter 12 with the drill is pretty simple contact beam and ripper.

• 10 months later...

I remember when I did this... I'm thinking of doing hardcore again. Probably hmmm maybe 

Anyway my 3 save points were towards the beginning of ch 6 then towards the end of ch 8(basically the beginning of 9) and my last was right before the drill ride.

Ah what a great experience and excellent game. One of the best survival horror games. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I think that waiting until Chapter 7 or so to make your first save pays off in the long run. 

I put in a good six hours or so on Hard Core. As far as the first seven chapters are concerned, the train encounter where you’re hanging upside down, the boss fight after Diana’s betrayal, and the free fall section after you align the solar arrays can be nerve wracking. Those are easily the “difficult” sections simply because they are QTEs, one false move and it’s back to the beginning. 

Saving after the freefall section makes handling the encounter afterwards a lot easier. The grinder section in Chapter 8 where you navigate in Zero Gravity is also much easier too. 

But I saved too early. I consider Chapters 10 - 13 to be the most difficult because of the enhanced Necromorphs you run into plus the fact that they are lengthy. 

Because I was stupid and saved at Chapter 8 on the second save, it makes Chapters 9 - 12 extremely hectic. 

I also died to bombs from Cysts because I didn’t know where I was going as well as both Exploders and the babies with sacks catching me off guard.

I would say Chapter 7 after the freefall section, the Ishimura around mid Chapter 10 - 11, and just before the eye poke machine in Chapter 13 are good places to use the three saves. 

Edited by Spaz

• 4 months later...

All good suggestions I want to point something vital out before you do your hardcore run.  Or if you are getting smashed in a certain area.  DO A ZEALOT RUN FIRST and make saves at trouble spots so you can practice for the hard parts on Hardcore. Also, in rooms that are with many beasts try to find a room to run into, like a power node room and you can door fight the mobs (ripper, hint hint) ... vital on hardcore. Always save 1 node for node rooms.

And use the ripper, it is surprisingly effective with mobs and the pack..

Edited by BemusedNContused