NA store to UK store?

king1max

Hi, so I was wondering if there was any way to buy anything from the UK ps store even if my account is register to the NA/CAN store. Because I'd really like to purchase an avatar, but for some reason the avatar is a UK store exclusive.. Any idea/tips?

Thanks

Edited by king1max

The avatar would only be available on UK account I believe. You'd have to create one separately to your US one.

well buying stuff with a different account only work with games, avatar can not be share between accounts Edited by king1max

If you make a secondary account that has its location set in the UK then you can indeed purchase games and such to use on your PlayStation consoles.

There are, however, some exceptions to the rule. These exceptions will not work on more than one account.

Buying DLC - you cannot use one regions DLC on another regions game
Buying Avatars - avatars are locked to the account that purchased them

PlayStation Vita - as the Vita only has one account option, you cannot reap the benefits of using more than one account/region on this system.

If there's any more reasons I'm sure someone will point them out to you. These are just off the top of my head. 

So, I'm afraid to say that if you buy a UK avatar with a UK account you will only  be able to use in on THAT account, an no other.

• Like 4

PlayStation Vita - as the Vita only has one account option, you cannot reap the benefits of using more than one account/region on this system.

You technically can use more than one account, but just not concurrently. It is a very tedious process to switch between region accounts; you have to reset your Vita every time to change the region and to log into that region's account. Furthermore, the memory cards for the Vita are also region-locked. This means that you either have to 1) back-up your save data onto the computer using Content Manager and re-format the memory card each time you want to switch or 2) buy a second memory card to use solely for that region.

Where are the avatars sold? I cannot seem to find any on the PS4?

Different consoles access different media on the PSN Store. The store on the PS4 currently does not have an avatars available for purchase. The store on the PS Vita has access to some, but be careful, even if you buy it from the PS Vita store, you are unable to set it unless you have a PS3. The store on the PS3 currently has the largest selection of avatars available and is the only console to allow setting of custom avatars.

Edited by simply ahri
  • Like 1