Tips - No Point in Dying - Spoilers

DropeRj

Yeah I've tried this a few times so far. The trophy wouldn't be so bad except that a run takes a minimum of something like 45 minutes. Having to do the whole thing in one run rather than one save really makes it a pain since you have to have a dedicated time slot available to complete it in. I know they do this so you can't just pause the game at a death and reload your save.

I'll get this one eventually, but I'm not terribly fond of game developers making almost all trophies non story related. I hate that if you complete the game all the way through you only get one trophy out of it. The rest are all hidden items.

Good luck to all trying for this, I would imagine it will take most awhile.

Fortunately for me, I was able to do it first 'proper' attempt. By this I mean that I had practiced the 'hard' bits previously, and played through the game for fun + collectibles already.

I died a total of 5 times (some at stupid bits, haha):

1. Where the 3 guys chase you over the pit + two buttons with squishy things. I hesitated on the big button and got squished
  2. Going up into the sewer, didn't jump up and fell in the water (didn't even know you could die here...)
  3. Cogwheel after getting the brain-sucker after seeing the girl (didn't time jump, fell in the hole, didn't know you could die here either...)
  4. With 2 blocks and the saw (where you have to press the buttons, push one underneath the other, then jump up). I just got too excited here :P
  5. Swinging over the electricity on the chain (mis-timed and second-guessed myself).

I also have a few quick tips:

• Definitely replay the specific parts you find difficult; I found it good to just play through the game again (when going for collectibles) so you are aware of all the little things (like when to jump backwards to avoid the fire tire, for example)
  • Take it slow and steady; in most cases, it's not a rush. Take your time before attempting the big jumps, and count yourself in. For things like the HOTEL sign, it's great to practice heaps of times and time yourself so you know exactly when to jump; takes a lot of the stress away!
  • Stay calm: like other 'no / few deaths' trophies, the key point is to not work yourself up so much that you make a mistake. Either be chatting with friends while doing it, listen to music, or just take deep breaths.
  • Turn up the volume; might seem to be a bit contradictory to the above, but hear me out. For a lot of the puzzles (particularly the last few), knowing exactly what is happening through sound is extremely helpful. Don't neglect this! It makes the game more atmospheric and fun anyway :)

OP has some good tips for specific sections as well, check that out for anything else :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Hotel Sign - Run and jump onto H without stopping and you’ll make it. Big jump to other side of H, jump to O, slide down side of O slowly

First Sawblade - Press button, hold left (back) and wait till box drops, jump onto box when a foot away, wait a beat while holding back/left, and jump over sawblade. If you don't jump onto the box and push it instead, you'll push it right into the blade. 

Second Sawblade - I use left button first, wait 2 seconds, hit the right button (hit 1st button, stop, and think *beat* *beat*, run on 2nd button) run left to collect 1st box, pull box under 2nd claw, drop 2nd box, climb on, slowly turn around, and jump.

Sawblade Jump on Moving Box - Leave 1/3 of the box in front of you so you can run towards the Sawblade and jump over it before the tip of the box reaches the blade. 

Minecart Area - The jump over the Sawblade is just timing and projecting where it is in your head. But for the electrified area make sure there’s like a 4 Limbo Guy gap, push it one Limbo Guy more, climb up and jump and just barely make it to the ledge. If you get to the ledge easily, you should quickly slide off and try again because you won’t make it. As you run right, keep an eye on the button on the left so you know when to jump. 

Hotel Area Side Run - I hate this part. Lost two lives. Inch close to the edge and only jump after the sign turns on. Hit switch, jump to neutral center. I always slide off the top on my 1st attempt. Every time I got that far I lost minimum of one life.

Gravity Area Turret - I hate this part. Jump towards the switch at 75-80% of the pulsating beat sequence, hit switch, and run near the machinery stomp thing.

Final Jump - If you’re about halfway between the top section, like 6-7 Limbo guys from the edge once you hit the ceiling just run right and jump off and chances are you’ll get it.

I got the trophy on 5/5 deaths after 4-5 ruined runs. Best of luck. 

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 1