Atlus says Persona 5 is still coming to the West in 2015

Venocide

So I learned from my QA friend that Atlus EU games all get deferred to NIS America because collaborating JPN/US release of games is draining on Atlus JPN's staff. From what I know, Persona 5 has been thrown around the NIS America office already, so I'm thinking that they've gotten started? That's as far as I know, I probably still wouldn't get my hopes up. I personally don't mind since I have a huge backlog to get through anyway :P

WUUUUT!? NA maybe, EU no freaking way (and I live in Europe >_<)

However, Persona games are like that, they come out of the dark 2 months before release and you don't even know the main cast by the time they're out, pretty obscure promotional run, so we'll see xD

Yes, get all your hopes up, so when it doesn't happen I can watch you all cry in agony... evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928Wait, I'm waiting for this game just as much as the rest of you... silence-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625 Well, that backfired...

Who knows though, if they're that confident, maybe it will happen? Best bet is December for the US though.

• Like 1

Atlus is WAY BEHIND schedule if they really are still going for a western release this year so they need to hurry up and put it up for pre-order in the next couple of weeks if they want to still stick to that release window.

now Atlus when you say it will come to the west in 2015 do you mean EU as well? I know you hate us :D
Anyway am I the only one that is terrified there will only be 4 playable characters? :( Also cannot wait!!!!! :D

No, Atlus doesn't hate Europe. If anything, Europe hates Atlus.

See, Atlus doesn't have, and can't afford, a marketing firm in Europe so they have to rely on often incompetent third parties like Zen United to publish their games, along with the fact that, unlike Japan or America, Europe is made up of several countries and all have different standards when it comes to gaming and it's content among other things which makes it difficult.

The fact that Atlus, a honestly small publisher, is even trying with Europe with all those problems is impressive to say the least. That doesn't sound like hate from Atlus at all.

• Like 3

In Q4 2016 i guess.

Still a bit optimistic, are we?

I don't want the game to get swamped by the likes of Halo, Fallout, COD, Tomb Raider and Star Wars. I think 2016 would be a  better year.

It's those games that should be worried, though :awesome:

Anyway am I the only one that is terrified there will only be 4 playable characters? :( Also cannot wait!!!!! :D

Nah, it wouldn't be Persona if you had only one waifu.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1