FFXIV Anyone Still Excited

So apparently the PS3 version is 50% complete and is on track for a Q1 2013 release, i can so taste it its so close

Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Update – Interview, New Details

The game was not ready to be demoed publicly at E3 this year, but we got a chance to see a brief live demo behind closed doors of the game still running on a PC. It featured lush visuals, with a richly detailed character running through a forest area with dense vegetation and impressive lighting effects passing through foliage. It was something we definitely aren’t used to see in an MMORPG. “Right now it’s optimized for PC. We’re about 50% into the development of the PS3 version, but it’s pretty much how it’s going to look on the console as well,” explains Yoshida. “It uses the same new graphics engine we built just for this game. This summer we’ll have an opportunity to show the PS3 version.”

7176624283_7356597dfd_o.jpg

7176623529_8a00d84878_o.jpg

7361846730_f01e35e6f1_o.jpg

It's just looking amazing, hopefully it wont take over my life hahaha

Certainly has amazing graphics. Totally forgot this owuld be an MMORPG. I'll have to look into this more as it approaches release date. With so many awesom egames coming out this time period, don't know if my budget will allow me to squeeze another one in though.

I'm still on the fence in regards to this game, it sounds and looks good, but I've never really been a fan of MMORPG's, mostly because I've grown up with RPG's as single player games, that and I don't like having to pay for a subscription to play a game (just in case I get addicted).