So hard

seaturtle400

I spent a good couple hours on this bitch when the game came to PS4 at like 1 in the morning. Near the end I was trying so hard not to throw the controller into the TV. Worst part was I got an 8 pretty early on too.

Good luck to all the future fuckers going for it, it's an asshole of a trophy.

My post on the other thread:

Things that I found helpful [for Flappy Goat]:

• Angle the camera so that you cannot see the score - it is a distraction and will only make you more likely to fuck up.
  • Keep your eyes on the Flappy Goat's chin. The point of his beard is pretty much the bottom of the hit box (I think there's actually a pixel or two more to the hit box). You want to be pressing triangle when the point of his chin is about to be level with the top of the ladder. 
  • Don't worry about the ladders above you. You can't do anything to stop yourself going "up", so only concentrate on stopping yourself from falling too low. If you do this, you won't need to worry about going too high.
  • Relax. If you can feel your blood pressure rising, take a deep breath and a moment or two to clear your head.
  • I actually found it helpful to imagine the Flappy Goat as being a bit "silly". Once you accept the erratic way he flies, and roll with it, the flapping no longer seems so annoying.
  • Don't try to "plan" anything in advance. React if he is going too low. Otherwise, do nothing. One flap at a time.
  • [Keep your eyes on the goat. Your peripheral vision will make sure you line up with the next gate.]
  • Try both places you can play Flappy Goat. Personally, I preferred the TV - the sense of speed helped my "reactionary" mindset. The arcade machine seemed too slow because of the aspect ratio.

Thanks for your tips. You were a great help with your insight. The 2 that helped me was sitting closer and hiding the score.

So if  anyone is struggling take these tips into consideration.

• Like 1

I'm definitely finding this harder than I did on PC or PS3. I swear the delay between the button press and jump is greater on PS4, making for a delayed reaction. Or perhaps the PS4 version is just more sensitive than the PS3, which you'd respect, but that makes it that bit more frustrating.

Current High Score: 9

Given up for today

Is any one who mastered it, and finding Flappy Goat easy willing to do some Share Play, because I'm really struggling. I will be eternity greatful, and will help out in any way I can in other games if needed!!

Please!!

are you willing to do share play i would be eternally in debt to you!

Okay here is my advice.  Let your eyes go hazy, don't focus on anything but the next gate opening.  Imagine there is a box around the goat and that box needs to fit inside the ladder opening.  Give yourself lots of room to "correct" the jumps so that it will go through.  Every button press must be timed to be exactly the same so the goat stays the right height vertically.  Try not to get over-eager and over-correct.  It's somewhat easier for the goat to drop than it is to go upwards. 

Again, it took time and many hours of frustration but suddenly it just 'clicked' for me.

Here's a drawing of what you should try to imagine while playing. 

hSgCiG5.png

Imagine the dashed lines as your path and you want to keep that same height. 

• Like 4

I finally did it!

I tilted the view so I couldn't see the score - because whenever I got over 7 I started to panic and would crash into the ladders before 10. 

Anyone who wants to study my method and use it to help them can have a look at the video of me flapping like a goat-pro. Hopefully It will help you. Apologies for the sound, I put it in slow-motion because the game plays its audio and flappy goat's audio at the same time :/

EDIT: You can see the score in the video, but I couldn't while I was playing because of my TV's boundaries.

Edited by Half-H3ro
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone needs any help with this I would be happy to try and get it for you via Shareplay.

I have helped a lot get from playstationtrophies already and thought I would post here incase anyone is struggling.

As long as connection is stable enough this would not take long and I do actually enjoy games like this :)

• 2 weeks later...

My post on the other thread:

Things that I found helpful [for Flappy Goat]:

• Angle the camera so that you cannot see the score - it is a distraction and will only make you more likely to fuck up.
  • Keep your eyes on the Flappy Goat's chin. The point of his beard is pretty much the bottom of the hit box (I think there's actually a pixel or two more to the hit box). You want to be pressing triangle when the point of his chin is about to be level with the top of the ladder. 
  • Don't worry about the ladders above you. You can't do anything to stop yourself going "up", so only concentrate on stopping yourself from falling too low. If you do this, you won't need to worry about going too high.
  • Relax. If you can feel your blood pressure rising, take a deep breath and a moment or two to clear your head.
  • I actually found it helpful to imagine the Flappy Goat as being a bit "silly". Once you accept the erratic way he flies, and roll with it, the flapping no longer seems so annoying.
  • Don't try to "plan" anything in advance. React if he is going too low. Otherwise, do nothing. One flap at a time.
  • [Keep your eyes on the goat. Your peripheral vision will make sure you line up with the next gate.]
  • Try both places you can play Flappy Goat. Personally, I preferred the TV - the sense of speed helped my "reactionary" mindset. The arcade machine seemed too slow because of the aspect ratio.

also you can press the slow motion button, i think it helps a bit

Okay here is my advice.  Let your eyes go hazy, don't focus on anything but the next gate opening.  Imagine there is a box around the goat and that box needs to fit inside the ladder opening.  Give yourself lots of room to "correct" the jumps so that it will go through.  Every button press must be timed to be exactly the same so the goat stays the right height vertically.  Try not to get over-eager and over-correct.  It's somewhat easier for the goat to drop than it is to go upwards. 

Again, it took time and many hours of frustration but suddenly it just 'clicked' for me.

Here's a drawing of what you should try to imagine while playing. 

hSgCiG5.png

Imagine the dashed lines as your path and you want to keep that same height. 

Love the drawing! Nasty trophy took me nearly 3 solid hours to get. Let your eyes go hazy to blank out the score is right. I got two 8s and three 9s before getting 11.

• Like 1

This trophy took me 10 minutes, its not that hard but I do agree the hit detection thing is rubbish. Those having trouble just keep trying, I found the one near the amusement park is easier as the ladders have more of a distance than the coffee stains one. Turn your volume down on your TV if it helps ;)

• 2 weeks later...

In all my years of gaming, I have never felt so frustrated, this trophy took me almost 3 hours, it is so painful and 99/100 of the times you don't even hit the ladders! Fuck this game, and fuck this company! 43th PLATINUM!!!!

Edited by t-i-g-o