So hard

seaturtle400

I got it the other night - my advice is to always be what seems like too low.

If you approach the ladders low then jump and jump again at the apex of the first jump it is very difficult to fail.

Once you get that method worked out and have the timing down you just need to keep applying it over and over, until you get a licky run where there are none of the very lowest gates (since the mothod doesnt work for those) or hope you manage to luck through the ones you do get.

Also - i might be imagining it, but i think the gates get a little further apart after 7th one - seems that if you can get past seven and keep your cool you are good to go to ten.

Good luck to all - this trophy is our punishment for looking for an easy plat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would anyone please be so kind to help me with this trophy (Share Play)? I've spent hours and hours on this and still failing (Max = 7).

I would be so thankful! Please add me: Juhrat 

Thanks in advance, Joeri

The lag that happens with ShareplAy would make Flappy Goat virtually impossible.

You would need someone to literally come to your house. Probably best to just keep trying. It will happen eventually - have faith!

More than half the time I spent on this game was on this trophy alone which took like 3 or 4 damn hours. I mean yeah yeah it's supposed to be glitchy SO FUNNEH RITE GUIZ but A. I am still paying for the game and B. It's not funny when the glitches deliberately obfuscate you from getting it. I am NOT doing it again on any other console. It is actually programmed WORSE than Flappy Bird. 

• Like 2

Guys I got this after 20 attempts I think. 

just go close to the screen and imagine you have a character (like super mario) and you have to jump exactly on every platform, so pressing the button just before touching the platforms. With this in mind it got easier for me.

just imagine a little Mario jumping on the platforms. BOING BOING

Hope it helps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A lot of people struggle with this trophy, including me. I could only get a score of 1 or 2 for a long time before I managed 3s and 4s and finally 8s, 9s and an 11. It took me about two hours altogether. When I started I thought I'd never get 10, but I got there eventually.

As far as I know there is no "trick" to it; you just have to get good. Prior experience with Flappy Bird, which I don't have, probably helps.

My personal tip would be to practise pressing triangle at a slow, steady rhythm and resist the urge to double jump when approaching the barriers, as this will often make you hit the upper one, especially with the garbage hit detection.

Muting the irritating music and putting something else on in the background, like a stream or something, to alleviate the monotony, can also help.

Good luck :)

On Flappy Bird I got a score 50+ without trouble. With this the experience doesn't matter, because the hit box is so bad it's more of a luck based trophy, I had so much trouble with this. It was such a pain,

• 2 months later...

YES! 

11 gates!

Fucking goat shitulator!

Tips i can give:

- Yes, you will fail. You will fail a lot. A lot I said! You will get angry! There is one thing and one thing only that can help you - never fucking give up!

- You will become a bit better by time. You will feel it. Believe in yourself.

- I found the arcade machine in the city area to be a bit slower, which means "easier".

- Did put a bench right in front of the machine so i could jump on it which made the screen a bit bigger. Even tried it with a second bench so the camera angle went even a bit closer to the screen. I didn't do this when I finally had success, used only one bench then.

- Turn off the music and SFX. It will just distract you.

- What helped me was some music on my smartphone that played in the back to keep me halfway calm.

- I tried it over 3 days and it took my about 5-6 hours, I failed like 5 times at the 10th gate, so... keep in mind you will fail ;)

- Never take a look at the counter. You probably will when you feel you're on a good run, but that will destroy your run, trust me.

- Is this all? No better tips? Believe me, there aren't any else. No matter how good your skills are, the most important thing for this is luck. So provoke it!

Good luck boys & girls, you can do it! :devil:

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To the people saying "It's not hard" or "I don't know why people are finding this difficult"; Don't post in this thread unless you have something helpful to add, all you're doing is adding to people's frustration. Just because something was easy for you, doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.

This right here.  These people are attention seekers, they just come here to brag.  They most likely don't even have the trophy but just want to brag.   It's a psychological issue:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-psychology-of-people-who-brag

• Like 3

They most likely don't even have the trophy but just want to brag.   It's a psychological issue:

All of the users who posted saying it was "easy" also all have the trophy, so I'm not sure why you would say they "most likely don't have the trophy" :P Some of the people who liked some of those posts, on the other hand, don't have the trophy (or the game).

I found the trophy annoying and time-consuming due to my repeated failures, but eventually got it done on the PS4 version by just not giving up. Made it my first trophy on the PS3 version so I could get the frustration out of the way immediately instead of later (it still took several attempts, but nowhere near how long it took on the PS4 run).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I loathe and hate this trophy!

Countless tries, got 9 gates (pure luck, up until this 3 or 4 at best) and then I die... 

The unfairness of Soundshapes Death Mode is miniscule compared to this.

The 30 hours+ I spent on NOT getting gold on the Vettel challenges in GT5 have been better spent than this.

The 10.000 kills in Tank Battles was more fun than this.

The 6 hours+ to get Team Sonic because of crap servers was less annoying than this.

The 3 weeks of logging on every night to Burning Skies dead multiplayer to complete 1 online match was less frustrating than this.

The realization that I can probably only get 19 Community events out of 20 needed for Project Cars, thus forever denying me the Platinum, was a smaller disappointment than this.

Trying to get 8 people in the Stadium at the same time in Burnout Paradise, online 6 years after release of the game, took less effort than this.

Grinding out 12.718 kilometres in GT6 to get the Autobahn trophy was less mindnumbing than this.

But I soldier on and God better be a goat when I leave this earth! (From natural cause hopefully, I´m not suicidal yet.)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Just going to leave this rant here. They say rants give good luck.

Woke up at about 5 AM randomly and started this game. When I got to this trophy, I was like, “oh, it’ll be like every other trophy.” Boy.. was I wrong. Spent 2 hours trying to get it, staring at the TV non-stop. I finally gave up. Will keep trying until it is done. Good luck to anyone reading this.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:53 PM, brunovzanella said:

i can't understand how on earth this trophy is just uncommon. i have my share of ultra rare paltinums and all and there wasn't a single trophy harder than this. this is stupid. i had to delete the game because i knew if i tried a few more times i'd have to buy a new ds4. 

Lmao, don’t you just wish you had a bank account with 2 billion dollars in it to use just for dual shocks. Oh my, that would be amazing.

Edited by Hunter777Merritt

Got this today after a couple tries here's what helped me.

I played on the tv in goatville.

I arranged the view so it covered the score at the top of the screen so I wouldnt get in my own head or get desperate for it.

I muted the tv and was listening to music through my headphones on youtube so I could just zone out and get into a rhythm

I tried to approach gates by jumping up through them and not falling down between them.

For me the key was being distracted enough to zone out and just be tapping in a rhythm. I was fully prepared for this to be a long haul trophy from what people were saying and after a couple tries when I first turned on the game I was actually prepared to not plat the game but when I decided after getting everything else to give it at least an hour of attempts I put on my headphones and started playing toss a coin to your witcher and managed to get 10 before the song was even finished so if you want some good luck try listening to it and zoning out.

• Like 2

The method I used when I got it was the undershot method that was highlighted in a video.

1.)Get into a rhythm to keep the flight path reasonably level but instead of aiming to fly through the gap, you aim to undershoot the gap and run into the top of lower gate.

2.)Just before you run into the gate, do two rapid flaps. The first propels you up to the high point of your normal flight path so that you can clear the gap, and the 2nd raises you up again so that you don't dip down and clip the lower gate with your back foot. Enough time should have passed between the first and second flap that you will be far enough forward that you won't strike the top gate after 2nd flap.