The UR PS3-Way: Plat Race

Who Do You Think Will Win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be The First To Finish?

• HcG-_Clawz
    • Hemiak
    • Zajac9999

So I'm done with Pier Solar for the night, now on 16/38 and earned my first UR trophy in this UR plat race. :D All I can say is that I'm imagining the eternal slip mini-game is gonna be an incredible pain lol. :P

Still not started the other two yet, kinda itching to give them a go, but still enjoying Pier Solar, so why stop? :D

• Like 1

Only got to play for about an hour and a half tonight. I did finish normal mode however so I'm happy with that.

SoTC - 20/31. And now the real fun begins.

hard mode is chill too :)  , normal time attack is ok , gets interesting with hard time attack :) im excited to hear your story about it soon :)

Alright so i have started my journey with Pier Solar. Im going to be honest when i saw this game was picked i wasn't really satisfied. But i have played the game for about 2/3 hours now it looks like a really fun game.

Although im not really good with these type of games, i spend like 1 hour trying to figure out where i had to go in the beginning. 

So my current progress Pier Solar - 5/38

About how long actual play time do you estimate the plat took you?

I doubt it's that long tbh man. I played about 2-3 hours today and the game throws trophies at you. Seems skill based so could be done pretty quick if you were really good. Definitely won't be over 50 hours.

It took me over 5 months, but in the first week I got over 40 of the trophies. The reason it took me 5 months was because at the time, there were barely any guides for any of the levels and the advanced challenges were hard to figure out at that point. But now for people trying to platinum it, it should take less than a week because there are more guides on the levels. There's one level where you gotta get like 2.5 mil points which was the last one I needed and its kinda tricky.  

Spent some time today on Skydive, and there's a lot of easy trophies that it gives to you early on. I can see some being a bit tough later on though. Also played a little bit of Pier Solar.

Anyways progress:

Pier Solar: 17/38

Skydive Proximity Flight: 25/51

SotC - 0/31

:D

• Like 3

So I've been focusing somewhat on THL as I want to win the gold league in that this season and as such haven't been spending quite as long and these games. That being said I have spent a bit of time on Pier Solar today. I'm at the point of no return in it now and have made good trophy progress finishing up some loose ends within the game. P.s. It really is a great game, recommend people go and give it a try. xD

Progress:

Pier Solar - 25/38

Skydive Proximity Flight - 25/51

SotC - 0/31

• Like 2

So I've been focusing somewhat on THL as I want to win the gold league in that this season and as such haven't been spending quite as long and these games. That being said I have spent a bit of time on Pier Solar today. I'm at the point of no return in it now and have made good trophy progress finishing up some loose ends within the game. P.s. It really is a great game, recommend people go and give it a try. xD

Progress:

Pier Solar - 25/38

Skydive Proximity Flight - 25/51

SotC - 0/31

You still can make some good progress even getting some platinums in between  xD

• Like 1

Ok. So it's been a couple days, I've mostly been playing SoTC. Finished first play through, normal time attacks and 2nd normal. I've been focusing on all the stupid Collectibles. I can't for the life of me find the last lizard(s), so I decided to try to finish off the fruit. Mis-judged how long it would take to finish and before I knew it rest time was over, and the kids were back downstairs. Couldn't bear to mess with that tonight so I played Skydive after watching some (American) football. The game is pretty fun, but you need to have a six-axis controller to play it. I do, just figured I'd mention it as a lot of 3rd party controllers don't.

SoTC - 25/31

Skydive - 33/51 (2.5 hrs trophy gap)

Pier- 00000000/38

P.s. I've been working these with a bit of Xillia thrown in, but I'll probably fire up MGR:R for GG bonus points.

P.p.s. Zajac is a scrub. :) I beat two of his race times by over 15 seconds. :P

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

P.p.s. Zajac is a scrub. :) I beat two of his race times by over 15 seconds. :P

Haha I thought my times weren't too bad, based on the fact that someone on my friend list has the plat and I beat all their times. Guess I am a scrub though. :P

Seems to me finish times can vary a lot based on the path you take etc, like a lot more than in other racing games.

Ok. So it's been a couple days, I've mostly been playing SoTC. Finished first play through, normal time attacks and 2nd normal. I've been focusing on all the stupid Collectibles. I can't for the life of me find the last lizard(s), so I decided to try to finish off the fruit. Mis-judged how long it would take to finish and before I knew it rest time was over, and the kids were back downstairs. Couldn't bear to mess with that tonight so I played Skydive after watching some (American) football. The game is pretty fun, but you need to have a six-axis controller to play it. I do, just figured I'd mention it as a lot of 3rd party controllers don't.

jeah finding some lizards is a pain , but you cant finish fruits on 2nd playthrough sry to tell you that.  because alot of fruits are in forbidden garden , and to reach that you need max stamina . after 5 playthroughts i reached max stamina.

collactables in SotC was more time consuming than i thought at the beginning . 

is skydive worthy ? or is game crap? ^ ^

Edited by Xionx

jeah finding some lizards is a pain , but you cant finish fruits on 2nd playthrough sry to tell you that. because alot of fruits are in forbidden garden , and to reach that you need max stamina . after 5 playthroughts i reached max stamina.

collactables in SotC was more time consuming than i thought at the beginning .

is skydive worthy ? or is game crap? ^ ^

game is actually pretty fun. I don't see a huge amount of hours in it but for $5 you definitely get your money's worth.

I know about the forbidden fruits. I did time attack, then finished the 2nd play, then collected 76(probably) lizards and downed 15/16 bosses on my 3rd play. I actually made it up to the shrine(barely). I just ran out of time looking for (probably) my last 1 or 2 forbidden fruits. Next time I go up there I'll keep track of how many I shoot down and how many I eat so I know for sure how far away I am. That was irritating but it's the lizard that has me truly angry. I'll figure it out though. I probably killed 5-10 lizards on my first two plays as well. I didn't go out of my way but just as I saw them.

Edited by Hemiak

game is actually pretty fun. I don't see a huge amount of hours in it but for $5 you definitely get your money's worth.

I know about the forbidden fruits. I did time attack, then finished the 2nd play, then collected 76(probably) lizards and downed 15/16 bosses on my 3rd play. I actually made it up to the shrine(barely). I just ran out of time looking for (probably) my last 1 or 2 forbidden fruits. Next time I go up there I'll keep track of how many I shoot down and how many I eat so I know for sure how far away I am. That was irritating but it's the lizard that has me truly angry. I'll figure it out though. I probably killed 5-10 lizards on my first two plays as well. I didn't go out of my way but just as I saw them.

oh cool :) didnt know you can go up on shrine so early ..... it was very close for me even with max stamina xD , but maybe i was just to stupid to find the shortest way .

My pink circle literally disappeared as I was pulling over the top lip O.O

Haha I thought my times weren't too bad, based on the fact that someone on my friend list has the plat and I beat all their times. Guess I am a scrub though. :P

Seems to me finish times can vary a lot based on the path you take etc, like a lot more than in other racing games.

I'd start out in the lead by a couple seconds and then one of the bots would pass me up so I really felt like I had to haul ass to win a few of those. Even with the times I got, I never won a race by more than a second. :S On two races our times were really close.

I know what you mean about the paths, several times I'd be behind and watch a competitor go around something when you could go straight over or through it for a quicker time.

Edited by Hemiak

I've mainly been focused on other games these past few days in order to do well in THL but I've had a bit of time to play on these games and made a bit of progress, no plats though unfortunately. :P Started SotC and managed to get all the way to beating the first colossus! But my brother wanted to watch me and so I'll have to leave the rest till later. :)

Progress:

Pier Solar - 33/38

Skydive Proximity Flight - 33/51

SotC - 1/31

• Like 3

Just got the :platinum: for Skydive: Proximity Flight.  I spent about 8 hrs on it total, and about 3 of those were working on one single challenge. 

I've been writing a guide in my break time that will be submitted on either 10/01, or the day that both Zajac and Clawz get the platinum on their own. B)   In the meantime, if anyone has specific questions about the game I will answer them via pm.  I'll be taking a couple days away from these games to work some other stuff.

I've mainly been focused on other games these past few days in order to do well in THL but I've had a bit of time to play on these games and made a bit of progress, no plats though unfortunately. :P Started SotC and managed to get all the way to beating the first colossus! But my brother wanted to watch me and so I'll have to leave the rest till later. :)

Progress:

Pier Solar - 33/38

Skydive Proximity Flight - 33/51

SotC - 1/31

*Whistle* That's some hefty progress there.

Keep up the good work.

Just got the :platinum: for Skydive: Proximity Flight.  I spent about 8 hrs on it total, and about 3 of those were working on one single challenge. 

I've been writing a guide in my break time that will be submitted on either 10/01, or the day that both Zajac and Clawz get the platinum on their own. B)   In the meantime, if anyone has specific questions about the game I will answer them via pm.  I'll be taking a couple days away from these games to work some other stuff.

And you are the fastest achiever aswell, gratz on that :) I really gotta step up my game.

My progress is Pier Solar - 10/38

Zajac has more votes on the poll, but Hemiak is winning so far. DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME, ZJ BRAH!

It still hurts me that you voted for Zajac. I thought after our one Crysis 3 boosting session we had something special. :'( I'm just glad Zajac doesn't quite have half the votes.

In all seriousness any one of us could get stuck on any of these games. They've all got a couple tricky trophies.