The UR PS3-Way: Plat Race

Who Do You Think Will Win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be The First To Finish?

• HcG-_Clawz
    • Hemiak
    • Zajac9999

It still hurts me that you voted for Zajac. I thought after our one Crysis 3 boosting session we had something special. :'( I'm just glad Zajac doesn't quite have half the votes.

In all seriousness any one of us could get stuck on any of these games. They've all got a couple tricky trophies.

I voted for him before the games started, but now I'm quite sure you are going to win, since he is going to be very busy with Razing Storm for several months.

The sad thing is, the moment one of you win the race, I'm 80% sure the others will drop at least 1 game forever.

I voted for him before the games started, but now I'm quite sure you are going to win, since he is going to be very busy with Razing Storm for several months.

The sad thing is, the moment one of you win the race, I'm 80% sure the others will drop at least 1 game forever.

zajac definitely will, the dood still hasn't finished The Guided Fate Paradox even though he is so close xD

zajac definitely will, the dood still hasn't finished The Guided Fate Paradox even though he is so close xD

I'm quite sure he will get back to that... eventually. I bet one of the 3 will not ever touch one of the 3 games once they lose the race, mark my words!

Come on, guys - Pier Solar is not that bad. It's time for someone to take the initiative!

I WILL DO IT!

ebc755bb49.jpg

MY BODY IS READY!

Thanks zajac for telling me this was on sale a couple days ago, I would have missed it otherwise.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I'm just glad Zajac doesn't quite have half the votes.

Tempted to vote for myself to make this happen. :P

I'm hoping it won't quite be months. :P We've done a good amount of boosting so far tbh. But I intend to make it close for sure, no fun if it's not even close. Hopefully I can win but I play way too many games at once to be suited to these races, still fun though.

Come on, guys - Pier Solar is not that bad. It's time for someone to take the initiative!

I'm in new game + which will be quick and easy, then only got eternal slip left, which I'm not looking forward to in the slightest!

I'm quite sure he will get back to that... eventually. I bet one of the 3 will not ever touch one of the 3 games once they lose the race, mark my words!

Haha, I will do, just waiting for the league to finish. :P Already started all 3 games so it can't be me. ;) Though I must admit I'm really not much of a fan of the Skydive game. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping it won't quite be months. :P We've done a good amount of boosting so far tbh. But I intend to make it close for sure, no fun if it's not even close. Hopefully I can win but I play way too many games at once to be suited to these races, still fun though.

Haha, I will do, just waiting for the league to finish. :P Already started all 3 games so it can't be me. ;) Though I must admit I'm really not much of a fan of the Skydive game. 

Dunno how you can handle so many races at once, mate. I couldn't do it, it would drive me insane to have so many games incomplete on my profile!

Skydive I've played on an alternate account and jesus christ, what a fun game for 2h. Can't say anything about further than that, but I had insane fun diving into rocks to my death. Best game.

Well, since he is moving on to NG+ and Eternal Slip, my vote is for...Pat Zajac!

Pat Zajac?? That's my mum ... :P She stopped playing my games for me weeks ago. ;)

Dunno how you can handle so many races at once, mate. I couldn't do it, it would drive me insane to have so many games incomplete on my profile!

Skydive I've played on an alternate account and jesus christ, what a fun game for 2h. Can't say anything about further than that, but I had insane fun diving into rocks to my death. Best game.

By losing at them all pal. :P And yeh it was fun for the first session I played but it's starting to drag and I don't particularly feel like playing it again, plus I kinda suck at it which doesn't help lol.

• Like 2

Been playing SotC a little bit the last couple of days. I find fighting the colossi fun, though frustrating at times when your character seemingly gets stuck constantly unable to move whilst a colossus shakes about. It's satisfying when you beat one and I'm sure the time attacks will be a nice challenge. However the travelling to the next colossus is so boring, far too slow paced for me. :P Also is it just me or is the camera atrocious on the game?

Anyways, seems I'm the biggest scrub as I'm the only one yet to plat a game...

Progress:

Pier Solar - 33/38

Skydive Proximity Flight - 33/51

SotC - 19/31

35 more trophies to completion. xD

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 3

You can turn off camera auto correct in the menus. I'm not sure whether it helps when riding or just climbing though, since I just left it on. I just started playing with hard mode today. All I have to say is F Gaius (3). 4 down, trying to get used to my tiny ass stamina bar again.

Edit: started Pier Solar tonight. Takes me back to the FFIII(VI) and Breath of Fire days on the SNES.

Edited by Hemiak

Played a bit more Pier Solar last night. I realize I'm going to have to back track later but every time I leave an unopened chest in an area I die inside a little.

There are a ton of missables to keep track of, I'm just leaving the 2nd full area and I haven't gotten ant of the spells or keys. Just feels wierd.

• Like 2

Played a bit more Pier Solar last night. Only earned one more trophy. I'm not enjoying this game as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's just because I really hate going through Meho. I feel like they're making levels purposefully annoying to stretch out the gameplay, which I almost never felt on the old 8 and 16-bit RPGs.

Also, I have the AI set to attack only, but when I hit auto, half the time they gather or cast heal on people who don't need it. :/

PLATINUM #79

Wander and the Colossus

Acquired all Trophies

Gratz on the plat man, awesome work!

I haven't really made any progress on these games over the past week sadly, been busy during the week so had less time to play and been away for the last couple of days. Hoping to make a dent in SotC when I come back tomorrow but we'll see how it goes. 

Made some good progress on Shadow of the Colossus yesterday and have finished off the collectibles. Those forbidden fruit in the secret garden were a right pain. Did them once on new game + after getting the max stamina trophy to realise, after thinking the trophy had glitch, that all the other fruit had respawned as it was new game + so had to take a save from the cloud and do it all again. Ended up taking me about 2 hours just for those fruit altogether. :/ I find some of the colossus incredibly random and annoying with how they shake, not looking forward to doing hard time attack whenever I get around to it. :P

Progress:

Pier Solar - 38/38

SotC - 28/31

21 more trophies to completion. :D

• Like 1

I took a break to finish off Xillia and just got back to playing some Pier Solar.  I'm now at 12/38 trophies, I took out Ryan the Lion and haven't missed any major missables yet.  Though I continue to worry about chests I might have missed before I got Opening and Bright mind.

I over-leveled myself a bit which has made the game slightly less irritating.  Now I just spend 10-15 minutes leveling up in each new area, and then I set the encounter slider to 0 while I actually explore.  I'm still irritated that I have to buy all this crap in each new location, half of which I don't need or I found in a chest 2 minutes before I find the vendor >.<  We'll see how long my motivation to work this game holds up.

SoTC: plat

Skydive: plat

Pier Solar: 12/38

26 trophies left for completion.

• Like 1

So I've just platted SotC. :D Mainly glad to be finished with that game so I don't have to put up with the crappy camera or the mostly luck based challenge the game provides. :P It was fun for the most part but as said previously I found travelling to the next colossus very slow and kinda pointless, especially when you ended up having to playthrough the game 5 times. (Plus one more for HTA but that has no travelling) The only real difficulty imo came from colossi #3 and #15 in HTA and it was more frustration than difficulty due to the luck based nature of the challenge. On my successful runs I had minutes spare for both of them. Overall I spent about 8 hours on the HTA's with 5 of those hours being spent on the two colossi mentioned previously. Basically the colossi were big, it was fun, then I got bored, then I got frustrated, then I got the plat and now I'm happy and it feels like it was all worth it. :D

This race is getting close. :D It's a shame Clawz is gonna make an epic comeback and win it. :P

Progress:

Pier Solar - 38/38

SotC - 31/31

18 more trophies to completion.  :D

• Like 3

The jokes on you Zajac! Skydive is easily the hardest of the three! You should probably just forfeit now. :lol:

So I've been playing Pier and I've been making decent progress. However, I screwed up the Shopaholic trophy. I didn't realize just how many areas are missable.

Anyway, I still needed the 600 battles (already had the 300 trophy) so I decided to grind em out a little further into the game to get gold, to buy items, to sell for gold on my 2nd play since I won't be able to earn much there(items carry over, gold does not).

In 2 hrs (with a few short breaks) I earned over 400k gold, won about 250 battles(estimate by gold earned) and went up almost 15 levels. I was getting about 5 battles every 2 min so I don't feel like grinding it out in an earlier level would've saved me a ton of time, and now I should be able to do Shopaholic without too much trouble.

Now I just hope that the trophy for getting all the chests pops soon or I'll have even more work on my NG+. >.<

God of War (600 wins) still hasn't popped but it should be soon.

Pier Solar: 26/38

11 trophies + 1 plat left

Edited by Hemiak