Is this cheating?

dividedx11

I have a question, a long time ago I almost completed Ratchet & Clank and I deleted my save accidentally... A real pain in the ass beacause I wanted to collect all the trophies.

1. Is it possible to download a save from the internet were the game is completed.

2. Is this cheating? If it is I definitely wouldn't do it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Like 1

Absolutely yes it would be 'cheating'.

You say you 'almost' completed the game, yet you would be downloading a full game save.

To be honest with you, the only person who really cares about your PSN account is you, and I would be very cautious of any advice you might take from people regarding this.

You must ask yourself 'Is it worth the risk?'. The answer to that question should be all you need.

Edited by Haysi_Fantayzee

It is cheating dude, I understand that losing a save file discourages playing the game again but Sony and this website will see you as a cheater if you get a complete save file from the internet. It is best that you play the game again or just leave it if you're still discouraged.

It's cheating and you know it, there's no question about it.

Is it morally wrong? Well, here's an example for you.

So I platinum'd GTA IV ages ago on my fat PS3 right, all trophies were earned honestly and properly, and then I YLOD'd and lost all my saves. I love GTA IV and wanted to keep playing it, but had no desire to 100% the game again, so I downloaded someone else's save and still use that save to this day. Am I morally in the wrong, well I'd say no but whatever. Did I cheat to get back 100%? Hell yes I did. 

Now in my story, I fully 100%'d EVERYTHING before losing my save and getting someone else's, and aside from the fact they only really 99%'d it, I still cheated to get to that point. You on the other hand, "almost" completed the game, 100% or just the story mode, you still didn't do it, so aside from the fact it would be cheating either way, you'd still be using the cheat to gain something, which makes it morally wrong, at least in my eyes, as well.

Of course, on the other hand, it's a fucking game, and if you want to cheat it, go right ahead, who cares? I loved downloading saves to my PSP in the day when I was stuck on something / lazy. I wouldn't do it now, partly because I'm much better at games in general, but I did it then and don't feel bad about it. You buy a game, and so long as you're not copying it for other people, you can do whatever the hell you want with it and feel fine, you paid the money for it, it's up to you to do whatever you want with it, just don't be surprised if you get kicked (deservingly) out of the leaderboards and labelled a cheater.

• Like 3

Thinking about this made me reflect on games and consoles of yesteryear where we would often get codes from magazines to input into many games in order to give us a level skip or infinite ammo, or unlimited lives...

Was it wrong to 'cheat' in those days? No.

It was common place, and often encouraged, the codes were created purposely for us.

How times have changed.

What's the point in gaming if you just download other people's saves? Where's the fun in that? I see it as cheating but like everyone else said, it's up to you whether you want to do that. The fact you haven't even completed the game is silly, just start again and enjoy the game.

• Like 1

It is cheating. I lost quite a bit of progress in many of my games due to the yellow light of death, and I redid them. Regardless of whether you've done it before or not, downloading a save is simply cheating because you should have to redo it again. It may be annoying, but if you can't put up with another playthrough, don't plat it :dunno:

The simple fact you're asking implies you know it's the wrong thing to do. You risk auto-popping trophies out of sequence, which could flag your PSN Profile as a cheater.

Play it safe and replay the game. R&C is not long, nor hard and it's a tonne of fun. Totally worth playing again, regardless of trophies.

The complete thing is: I completed the boss fight on PS3 a long time ago, and the game asked me to just continue or start challenge mode. I choose the last option (stupid me), but actually I just wanted to collect everything and plat it. A few months/years later I bought it on Vita and had the story like 80% finished and then I overwrited it (stupid me again). I would try to find a save (for PS3) with that has also beaten the end boss so I could just continue, but I'm not gonna do it cause I don't want to take the risk for any trophies to auto-pop. Never cheated on trophies and not planning to do it... The reason I don't want to play it again is because it was my favorite game when I was young, I think I played it in total like 7 times... But I guess I'll have to. Thank you very much for all help everyone!

• 3 weeks later...