How close to platinum or game completion

SW33TSK1LLS

God all I need is GT-R-Official-Record trophy and plat, but for the life of me I can't make the time they're asking me to beat. I'm either to slow or to fast which cause me to run off road. 

Ran this race so many times I had to take a long ass break from the game because I was getting so angry.

You managed to gold everything, but not the GT-R record? Personally, I found it pretty easy compared to the golds, I think I even found some of the AMG events harder.

God all I need is GT-R-Official-Record trophy and plat, but for the life of me I can't make the time they're asking me to beat. I'm either to slow or to fast which cause me to run off road. 

Ran this race so many times I had to take a long ass break from the game because I was getting so angry. 

I had the problem in the Driving Academy Intermediate Event that I was around 7 seconds to slow for gold... i needed 7 min 12 sec overall... But then I deactivated all driving assistances and were 8 seconds faster

The same thing applied to Vettel Challenge on Suzuka were i became 2 seconds faster... fast enough for a gold medal

And I'm really happy to say that I obtained the GOLDSTANDARD a couple of hours ago and just need to buy 200 cars for the last trophy :D :D :D :D

• Like 1

You managed to gold everything, but not the GT-R record? Personally, I found it pretty easy compared to the golds, I think I even found some of the AMG events harder.

I gold everything else by pure damn luck. When it came to this game the trophies just came when they came to me. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:11 AM, LFDN said:

I gold everything else by pure damn luck. When it came to this game the trophies just came when they came to me. 

Luck? This damn Vettel X Challenge has to be one of the hardest pieces of driving ever, I can't figure out how you could possibly achieve this just out of luck... This is the only thing that leaves this platinum out of reach for me, the GT-R Ring record is a sheer joke next to this ?

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, screenwriter91 said:

How close? 0.127 seconds - that's what I missed gold on Suzuka Vettel challenges by last night -_-

Getting that close is already quite an achievement, I'm impressed - though it must be soooooo frustrating to so be close, and yet so far... ?

Edited by Neef-GT5

On 3/1/2018 at 6:12 PM, Neef-GT5 said:

Luck? This damn Vettel X Challenge has to be one of the hardest pieces of driving ever, I can't figure out how you could possibly achieve this just out of luck... This is the only thing that leaves this platinum out of reach for me, the GT-R Ring record is a sheer joke next to this 1f636.png

Getting that close is already quite an achievement, I'm impressed - though it must be soooooo frustrating to so be close, and yet so far... 1f62c.png

That's with a DS3 mind you. I had to take a break I was at it for 3 straight weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3-3-2018 at 0:29 AM, screenwriter91 said:

That's with a DS3 mind you. I had to take a break I was at it for 3 straight weeks. 

When I was working on Suzuka, once I got to 2:10.004... I'm not joking. At least I took the motivation from that. that I should be able to do it. Eventually made it wiith 2:09:667 or somethinng like that.

Now I only need to finish the A-spec 24 hr race on the Ring, but I made the mistake to have the Formula GT as my car of choice to do it. Six hours in, and half off the track is pitch black at night and here I am, driving a car without headlights of it own...

8 hours ago, Baron_Bonk said:

When I was working on Suzuka, once I got to 2:10.004... I'm not joking. At least I took the motivation from that. that I should be able to do it. Eventually made it wiith 2:09:667 or somethinng like that.

Now I only need to finish the A-spec 24 hr race on the Ring, but I made the mistake to have the Formula GT as my car of choice to do it. Six hours in, and half off the track is pitch black at night and here I am, driving a car without headlights of it own...

That would have killed me. But anything inside .250 seconds means you know you can do it, just need everything to line up perfectly. That 2:10.127 I did, went a little wide coming out of spoon. That was it. Never done anything as exacting as this. But I'll get it one day. 

You know you can do all that B spec right? I refused to actually drive a 24h race. Felt bad even leaving the console on that long, twice. 

14 hours ago, screenwriter91 said:

That would have killed me. But anything inside .250 seconds means you know you can do it, just need everything to line up perfectly. That 2:10.127 I did, went a little wide coming out of spoon. That was it. Never done anything as exacting as this. But I'll get it one day. 

You know you can do all that B spec right? I refused to actually drive a 24h race. Felt bad even leaving the console on that long, twice. 

Yes, the biggest challenge is getting everything lined up in two consecutive laps. I did numerous attempts of which one of the laps was good enough combined with the lap from the previous or following attempt.

And I know I can do everything in B-spec, but I needed to get to level 40 A-Spec anyway. Besides, I want to get some racing fun out of it, even if it can be a bit boring. After nearly 2.000 hours I want to get the last drop of pain out of it :P It's just an idea that when crossing that line after 24 hrs of actual racing, the accomplishment will feel just a bit bigger. Last night I decided I had to leave my race 6,5 hours in, because of the dark it wasn't doable with the Formula GT. Even not driving close to other cars. Now I started a new attempt with the purple LM Jag from '88.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, Baron_Bonk said:

Yes, the biggest challenge is getting everything lined up in two consecutive laps. I did numerous attempts of which one of the laps was good enough combined with the lap from the previous or following attempt.

And I know I can do everything in B-spec, but I needed to get to level 40 A-Spec anyway. Besides, I want to get some racing fun out of it, even if it can be a bit boring. After nearly 2.000 hours I want to get the last drop of pain out of it :P It's just an idea that when crossing that line after 24 hrs of actual racing, the accomplishment will feel just a bit bigger. Last night I decided I had to leave my race 6,5 hours in, because of the dark it wasn't doable with the Formula GT. Even not driving close to other cars. Now I started a new attempt with the purple LM Jag from '88.

How do you actually know how many hours you've played? I see people posting their numbers but I literally have no idea where it says that, kinda curious about my own play time... :/

Edited by screenwriter91

The game doesn't keep count anywhere unfortunately :'(

All the numbers you see people posting are just estimates...

Edit: last endurance race almost done, after that one individual race in one of the extreme championships to go and I'm all done, but I'm saving this up for the #50 milestone :)

Edit 2: finally finished it last friday ?

Edited by Baron_Bonk

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Things I got left: 

GT-R Official Record
AMG Driving Academy

Gran Turismo Rally

Sebastian Vettel X Challenge

(4 last races on A-spec) After reading the the guide I just realized you don't have to do both A and B spec for the gold standard trophy. I only had the 3 last Endurance series races left (total time of 57 hours) glad I didn't have to do them xD

so far the AMG Driving Academy and the Grand Tour have been the hardest

And it's finally done. I actually grinded the money to buy every singel car in the game as well ^^

Edited by Satsarn13

• 3 weeks later...

If this is a 500 hour or so platinum, where do the hours go? I've started it properly recently, and it doesn't look like it's going to take that long, but I don't know.

Could someone tell me a breakdown in hours approximately how long it takes to do each main trophy?

7 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

If this is a 500 hour or so platinum, where do the hours go? I've started it properly recently, and it doesn't look like it's going to take that long, but I don't know.

Could someone tell me a breakdown in hours approximately how long it takes to do each main trophy?

Grinding XP, especially without the XP boosts from daily logins. I think  level 39 to 40 is the same as 1-34 or 1-36, can’t remember exactly. However both A-spec and B-spec can be auto grinded. It’s not near 500 hours of active playing though. Well, depends on how much time you need for the red bull challenge, that could be 100s of hours alone, but is exploitable.

I can’t remember enough to give a breakdown, but most active hours is spent going for gold medals, I’d say it’s doable in around 100 hours with the exploit. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Last year I did that exploit to get gold on the Red Bull X2010 challenge. My prize car glitched and I can no longer use them, but that's not a problem. I still have gold on all 3 races haha
Now I just need to complete the endurances and most of the special events with gold trophies.

So far, my main problem lies in that Eiger race, in the Gran Tour Event. I tried that for hours yesterday and I got 1:17:037 (gold is 1:17:000)
That's so sad! :( 
But I'll keep trying!

Later I'll need to focus on the AMG Special Event. I need to undestand the Nordschleifer before I can even tackle that!