Triple Triad is now on Phones

Bucknerd

The catch? Well, since this new version of Triple Triad is free, and Square Enix needs its sugar, there’s a stamina system that limits how often you can play. Every match costs a crystal. You can hold five crystals at once, and when you’ve got fewer than five, you’ll gain one back every 30 minutes of real time. Or... you can spend real money to buy them. Because video games.

Still, it’s Triple Triad! On your phone! Final Fantasy fans have craved this exact thing for years now, and now it’s finally here.

This is what really, really frustrates me about mobile gaming. Why is my play time being limited? Why should the game developers have control over how much I play? It's ridiculous - and I doubt there's even an option to buy infinite energy forever. If a game has a system like this, it's unfathomably stupid. If you force people playing your game to go away, there's a high possibility they may not come back because they know they'll be pushed away again. smh.

• Like 1

Well... Triple Triad has "always" been free on phones over at http://ttadvance.ca

Not only that, but this new TT game you can get on phones is really bad in comparison to the original FF8 game, which the above site has stayed true to with 20+ decks and an active community for 10+ years.

So yeah, I highly recommend playing on that site instead of using this app.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Well... Triple Triad has "always" been free on phones over at http://ttadvance.ca

Not only that, but this new TT game you can get on phones is really bad in comparison to the original FF8 game, which the above site has stayed true to with 20+ decks and an active community for 10+ years.

So yeah, I highly recommend playing on that site instead of using this app.

It's been over 10 years. Good times. I thought TTA has been a ghost town these last 5 years. Hmm.

I don't have FFXIV, but I've seen vids of the TT mini game. The timer was wayyy too fast. Even 2 minutes isn't always enough time to make a move. 

The problem with Tetra Master is that you can level up cards.

Card Creation in this app is a form of that.

Great, now I have 2 versions of this card game to get addicted to; FFXIV one and now this ;_; I do like how this one isn't RNG if you get a card drop or not.

I guess I didn't see a problem with that because I was just playing on the Playstation, not versus anyone. I just want a portable version of that exact game. 

Shouldn't be too hard to make a copy of the game. I could probably have done it if I wanted to. I just don't know about copy rights etc. xD

I know this wasn't to be a labour of love, but to turn a profit - but why go with the time restriction and buy stamina version instead of copying Hearthstone.

Hearthstone is one of the top grossing games for a reason - it encourages play and helps fuel the hunger rather than cutting you off at a potential high moment.

Noone stops having sex at the brink of orgasm and walks away to return 3 hours later to repeat the cycle, so why would I do it with my games? 

I know this wasn't to be a labour of love, but to turn a profit - but why go with the time restriction and buy stamina version instead of copying Hearthstone.

Hearthstone is one of the top grossing games for a reason - it encourages play and helps fuel the hunger rather than cutting you off at a potential high moment.

Noone stops having sex at the brink of orgasm and walks away to return 3 hours later to repeat the cycle, so why would I do it with my games? 

AFAIK, they did a lot of terrible choices when it came to designing the deck and the extra rules etc.

• 6 years later...