Telltale's Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Edition

According to Amazon Canada's listing we'll be getting a 30th anniversary edition of Telltale's Back to the Future, for $29.99 CAD ($22.93 USD according to Google.) I have bought this a while back from a flash sale and haven't played it yet. Might just wait for this version. Link to listing.

71dvcYvZQZL._SX522_.jpg

pfZ0j6N.png

Edited by HolyFad
  • Like 1

The digital version was the first thing I bought on my PS3.

I recently imported the retail version as well, aside from the plat, I really liked the game and wanted a physical copy.

I would have much rather just gotten the PS4 version to be honest, but still, this game fetches a pretty penny here since it was never physically released here, so I might ditch my PS3 copy sometime before the PS4 one comes out and I inevitably get that one too.

Also I too hope their newfound attention for this game results in the promised sequel series, I mean, sure, it was probably just a marketing gimmick for the 30th anniversary to stick this on PS4, but they'll be wrapping up Tales and Thrones soon, they've got that Minecraft thing and that Marvel thing and Walking Dead 3, and ... nah, there's no way a sequel is coming out any time soon.

I'd be up for playing this a third time, enjoyed it both the two previous times and now I'd get to do it on PS4 too :D

What I'd *really* like though is for more Sam & Max + Monkey Island *_*

Is Sam & Max good ?  Been thinking buying it for a while now

OT - Never thought a game like that would be remastered for PS4. I really enjoyed this game so I hope it's true  :D

I'll definitely be up for playing this again! Loved the PS3 game - the story was very cool and the voice acting was great. Hopefully they'll fix a few stability and frame-rate issues (it ran a little choppy some of the time, for me at least).

As for a sequel, I'm all for that too! I'd love hearing (and playing) more tales from Marty and Doc, and I'd love to see what Telltale have up their sleeves, especially since they've come so far since BTTF and their earlier games. 

Still have to play the standalone episodes though! :P

Is Sam & Max good ?  Been thinking buying it for a while now

OT - Never thought a game like that would be remastered for PS4. I really enjoyed this game so I hope it's true  :D

Sam & Max is probably my favourite of all the Telltale Games' games, especially the last season. I really miss them making those types of point-and-click/adventure games even though I do enjoy the current QTE/great story games they make now.

Tom Wilson didn't voice Biff in the PS3 version so that is either a typo or they got him for this PS4 version

That would be great if they did get him back. It was sad that the main reason he wasn't in it was because his agents automatically said "no" due to his known dislike of his BTTF fame (Wilson himself says he wasn't asked and Telltale said his agent declined the offer).

Sam & Max is probably my favourite of all the Telltale Games' games, especially the last season. I really miss them making those types of point-and-click/adventure games even though I do enjoy the current QTE/great story games they make now.

Sam & Max games are fantastic! They need to bring em back ;) Personally not really into the new games apart from Wolf Among Us.

That would be great if they did get him back. It was sad that the main reason he wasn't in it was because his agents automatically said "no" due to his known dislike of his BTTF fame (Wilson himself says he wasn't asked and Telltale said his agent declined the offer).

Yeah I read that on a Q&A or something he did. I would really love it for him to voice Biff in the PS4 version, probably just a typo.

• 1 month later...

I'd bet the farm the only thing they did to it was Photoshop the cover and then slap a $40 tag back on it.

It clearly says in the Amazon image that there is behind the scenes footage, and now that it has been announced we know it'll have improved visuals and new, improved voice work (maybe like Broken Sword: Director's Cut).

The game is seriously underrated. But then again, it's clearly made for the fans of the trilogy. So if you don't like Back to the Future, this might not be a game for you. But for a fan? This is an awesome Telltale game!

Totally agree with you! Can't wait to play this on PS4 again!