Anyone played it yet?

Has anyone played the vita version yet? Is it as bad as is being made out in some reviews? I won't ever have time to play the console version as I have enough other games in my list I would rather play but I work away sometimes and this would be good for in the hotel at night if it's not truely awful.

The reviews I've seen up are comparing this version with the console version too much and have really unreasonable expectations when it comes to Vita versions, IMO. That's not to say that some of their reasons aren't valid though.

-The graphics are pretty murky. Most, if not all, of the shading and lighting seen in console versions is gone.

-The game is 3.9GB. That's 3GB for the whole game and a whopping 900MB for the day 1 patch.

-Loading screens are long.

-The game runs at a steady 30fps. It's not impressive but it hasn't dipped on me so far.

-The sound quality is really low. They really had to compress those files to make it fit. It's bearable, but bad.

-There's not too many glitches. The only one I ran into was a surprisingly long loading screen as I was going for the "who needs fire?" Trophy. What happened was I approached the door to escape and a really long loading screen greeted me. I ended up dying from all the zombies that were still attacking me during the loading screen and I had to restart from my last checkpoint. It somehow managed to work the second time. Haven't approached another glitch sense. No graphic glitches, game crashes, nothing.

-It requires every bit of the Vita's RAM. I am unable to open applications such as friends, messaging and trophies without the system requesting I close Rev2. A first for any Vita game I've played.

All in all, it does it's job if you want RE on the Vita, but I would really proceed with caution or wait until it goes on sale.

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 3

Well thanks for replies, I wasn't expecting that many to be honest.

I didn't need much convincing I just wanted to make sure it wasn't god awful.

As for the ram issues, I only play games on my vita and normally have the wifi turned off so it really isn't an issue for me at all but thanks for the heads up.

Well thanks for replies, I wasn't expecting that many to be honest.

I didn't need much convincing I just wanted to make sure it wasn't god awful.

As for the ram issues, I only play games on my vita and normally have the wifi turned off so it really isn't an issue for me at all but thanks for the heads up.