Platinum or 100% which is more important to you?

Hocking_1988

First of all apologies if this has been asked before. I was just curious as to whether people prefer the platinum or 100%? Personally I prefer platinums but with so many games introducing DLC these days which mean even getting the platinum means you are not even close to getting 100% it just annoys me.

For example I want to platinum Uncharted 3 on my profile before they get released on PS4. But I know the maximum I will be able to get is about 50% as I don't enjoy the online version.

So I guess my question is from a gamers perspective what gets more credit so to speak 100% completion status or platinum trophies?

I just go for plats personally, if a game is exceptional I'll grab the DLC and if that has trophies then I'll push for 100%, however if the game was good but not amazing I'll leave it at just the plat unless the DLC is dirt cheap in a PSN sale :)

I was going to post but what DJ said is pretty much what I was going to say :P

• Like 1

I really think we should have the ability to make sure that any DLC that we don't own is not added to our trophy lists. My completion would jump nearly 10% if I could wipe off unowned DLC trophy icons from my account. DLC should only affect your completion % if you own it. For that reason alone, the platinum is definitely more desirable than me having to fork out yet more money just to get 100%.

• Like 4

I really think we should have the ability to make sure that any DLC that we don't own is not added to our trophy lists. My completion would jump nearly 10% if I could wipe off unowned DLC trophy icons from my account. DLC should only affect your completion % if you own it. For that reason alone, the platinum is definitely more desirable than me having to fork out yet more money just to get 100%.

DLC isn't a new game though, it's an add-on to a game. Thus, if you own the game that the DLC is a part of, the DLC should be added to your list.

• Like 1

In my case, I consider a game complete when I get the platinum, unless I really like the game in question. In this case, I will buy the DLC's, because I want to enjoy everything that game has to give me and try to achieve the 100%. I'm not a completionist and don't want to be, because I want my profile to show who I truly am as a gamer. For example, I want it to be clear for people who check my profile that I got 100% in Uncharted 3, because I love this game and its multiplayer to death, not because I'm an obsessive completionist, that kept bashing this fantastic game and this awesome multiplayer the whole time they were trophy hunting on it. 

• Like 1