Platinum or 100% which is more important to you?

Hocking_1988

In general I want the plat. DLC is expensive and, many times, the DLC trophies are either stupid MP trophies or don't have enough meat to them that really support the price they want. Just look at the recent prices for Arkham Knight prices; no price is worth a skin and one trophy. All Stars did the same thing. I want the main, core experience of the game that was shipped and, if I like the DLC, it's an extra bonus.

That being said, for some series I want the 100%. I do that mainly with the Assassin's Creed series, even though I hate multiplayer trophies and need to boost most of them, because having that 100% is something special. Same with Saints Row, even if I hated the content. I need that 100% because the plat just won't do in these games but that's a personal matter. :D

• Like 2

definitely platinums for me, since most 100% are tied to dlc, and i very rarely will purchase it. i wish sony would change it so that if you platinum a game you get and keep your 100%, and any dlc trophies adds on to the percentage from there (110%, 120%, etc.) but i'm sure they like it the way it is to entice trophy hunters like us to buy more dlc

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

for me 100% matters the most, cause throughout time i found that most DLCs add much value to the story and thus i became hooked with exploring everything in the game whether even if it's not trophy related. for me trophies has been always about getting the most out of the game and the a unique trophy list is what makes a game memorable and with great impact on me. 

Edited by Aboelsas

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I care more about completion - but not obsessively, so it's not necessary for me to buy DLC just to get 100% completion rate. I get DLC only when I think it's worth playing and worth its cost. I sometimes get DLC that doesn't include trophies if I see it increases the fun value.

• Like 1

I'mm-a take a third option: I prefer just to Level Up. Although, a :platinum: is 180 Bonus Trophy XP, and games with a Plat usually total ~1200 XP, while ones that don't are ~300 XP, so by that logic, I'd prefer a game I can Plat to a 100%, but I still don't necessarily care about either.

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood the Question. I guess when it comes to DLC, I would prefer a 100%.

Edited by pyrotempestwing