Platinum or 100% which is more important to you?

Hocking_1988

100 percent is more important to me. 

The platinum just means you only did part of the game. You skipped everything else that is DLC and may have additional trophies. 

I value some non-platinums more highly than a number of games with platinums. Mega Man 10 for example not only doesn’t have a platinum, but it has no gold trophies on top of being difficult to 100 percent. I have some respect for those who obtained all the trophies through perseverance. 

Marvel’s Spider-Man has a platinum worth going for, everybody here knows that. But are you willing to go for the 100 percent? 

That’s the difference between someone who just goes after platinums and someone who is a completionist. The latter I have a little more respect for because they have to invest more time into games that have DLC. As opposed to just getting a platinum and moving on.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Platinum.

The DLC trophy lists sometimes require online multiplayer, extra purchases, or are just overall a pain.

There's almost no chance I'll ever get 100% for Spider-Man and Spider-Man Remastered because of the "Ultimate Difficulty" requirement for the main story and the annoying Screwball missions. 

10 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Platinum.

The DLC trophy lists sometimes require online multiplayer, extra purchases, or are just overall a pain.

There's almost no chance I'll ever get 100% for Spider-Man and Spider-Man Remastered because of the "Ultimate Difficulty" requirement for the main story and the annoying Screwball missions. 

Eh, Ultimate is barely harder than Normal. Only reason I don't have it is that the game left Plus while I was going for it.

Screwball can be annyoing, though.

• Like 1

100% is what i (eventually) go for in most games so i guess thats the most important. Getting a Platinum is more fun then the final 100% trophy to me though, and getting a Platinum for completing the base game is why i chose Ps3 over 360 back in the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qjotr said:

100% is what i (eventually) go for in most games so i guess thats the most important. Getting a Platinum is more fun then the final 100% trophy to me though, and getting a Platinum for completing the base game is why i chose Ps3 over 360 back in the day.

If the game is good then i would 100%. if im having a hard time with the platinum and get burned out with the game then i won't 100%

• Like 2

I platted House Flipper before the DLC, now DLC has released I’m at 57 percent. 

There’s no way I’m spending £63.46 for that other 43 percent. 

Some games, however, I’ll 100 percent if I enjoy them or if DLC is dirt cheap. 

It’s all about that shiny plat, for me. 

• Like 1

This debate/discussion is funny when I think about Genshin Impact and how the dlc is literally a part of the game with the updates, and new versions.

I technically have 100%, but the new dlc keeps me from actually having 100% completion on my board.

Also, having like 100+ games in my arsenal and only 3 plays, and one 100%, I'd say I'm more into plat games but it's just so much time and energy lol.

Edited by digisoulwings
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

I'll always respect a 100% over just a platinum full stop.

Dedication and patience are successful personality traits as far as I'm concerned. 

I fully agree with you. I personally love to achieve 100% in all games I play and I was just like that back in the days before trophies.

there is a feeling of satisfaction to challenge yourself and fully complete what you started.

Warrior_of_Doom.png

On 10/23/2023 at 2:16 PM, digisoulwings said:

This debate/discussion is funny when I think about Genshin Impact and how the dlc is literally a part of the game with the updates, and new versions.

I technically have 100%, but the new dlc keeps me from actually having 100% completion on my board.

Also, having like 100+ games in my arsenal and only 3 plays, and one 100%, I'd say I'm more into plat games but it's just so much time and energy lol.

Always hurts to see a rightful 100% drop down haha, you might be happy to know that it isn't an everlasting battle. Minecraft did this too, but eventually they made a seperate trophy list for the newer DLC's. At some point a true 100% should be possible again.

DLC in general is overpriced compared to the main game and lower in quality (rehashed content). Counting it as an important part of the game would generally lead to me overpaying for worse content than I would be playing otherwise. I'm thankfully capable of ignoring things like completion percentage and will have a better time gaming thanks to that. There is absolutely good DLC and I will buy that for the sake of personal enjoyment. Not because I need to 100% everything.

The game ends with the platinum for me. Unless the DLC is actually good.

• Like 1