Until Dawn - The Road Not Taken Trailer

Azaan60

I like these live action trailers but it really doesnt give me any sense of the game. I guess thats ok so it stays fresh when you start it.

Im wondering how much horror movie cliches play into this. If you run off alone youre going to probably be killed off... now i want to rent it

I like these live action trailers but it really doesnt give me any sense of the game. I guess thats ok so it stays fresh when you start it.

Im wondering how much horror movie cliches play into this. If you run off alone youre going to probably be killed off... now i want to rent it

It's essentially the horror version of Heavy Rain. You have multiple characters who each can die depending on your choices, if they do die the game will keep going and the story will change. If you enjoyed Quantic Dreams games you'll probably like this

It's essentially the horror version of Heavy Rain. You have multiple characters who each can die depending on your choices, if they do die the game will keep going and the story will change. If you enjoyed Quantic Dreams games you'll probably like this

Well i put it on my reserved rental list this morning

The more I learn about this game, the more interested I become.

Looks like a game that my wife may (a) be able to play; and ( B) be interested in playing. She loves a good horror movie. 

Will wait for reviews though. Still not 100% sold.

Edit: Good trailer though. Anyone know the poem?

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

I've got the game pre-ordered (release is so close, too *_*), but we'll see how well I do actually playing it (I'm not a big fan of horror games). I still do wish it had stayed true to the original "teen slasher" idea, now it's got a bit more supernatural things than I would have hoped.

Anyways, neat live-action trailer ^^

I just got it today but it still has no trophy list and i wonder will we even get one for Until Dawn?

Normally after i put the disc in the game loads the trophylist but not today, which is weird

It is mandatory for games to have trophy lists nowadays.

Anyways, if no trophy list shows up, then it usually means it's not up yet on the servers (not all that surprising considering the actual release date is 25-28 August). But yeah, it has a trophy list.

It is mandatory for games to have trophy lists nowadays.

Anyways, if no trophy list shows up, then it usually means it's not up yet on the servers (not all that surprising considering the actual release date is 25-28 August). But yeah, it has a trophy list.

Cool thank you that´s what i wanted to know. Guess i just have too wait some more days then and just enjoy the trip right now :)

My first impressions after 45 minutes are good, i like it. I is deeper than i first tought.

I got this on Thursday. Really disappointed. If I where a 14 year old girl I might enjoy it, but it becomes very obvious that i'm not, when playing it. So much wrong with it. Graphics are kinda glitchy/awkward animation of characters. Conversations just oozes teenager. If it where a movie it would probably score below 5 on IMDb. It's simply just another cliche 'horror' story.

I got this on Thursday. Really disappointed. If I where a 14 year old girl I might enjoy it, but it becomes very obvious that i'm not, when playing it. So much wrong with it. Graphics are kinda glitchy/awkward animation of characters. Conversations just oozes teenager. If it where a movie it would probably score below 5 on IMDb. It's simply just another cliche 'horror' story.

While I have absolutely no doubt that this could be true, and it's part of the reason I'm putting off getting it until it see's a significant price drop... I'm having a hard time buying in completely between your 7 posts, no avatar and no copy of the game synced to your profile.  I'd love to see you upload some gameplay footage or something. :)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

While I have absolutely no doubt that this could be true, and it's part of the reason I'm putting off getting it until it see's a significant price drop... I'm having a hard time buying in completely between your 7 posts, no avatar and no copy of the game synced to your profile.  I'd love to see you upload some gameplay footage or something. :)

The trophies are not online yet, so I have been playing without getting any trophies, therefor no sync. But here is my copy : http://prntscr.com/87pm4g

I didn't write this to be analyzed by the user verification police, I was simply chiming in with my opinion and disappointment of the game :)

Edited by eivinds

The trophies are not online yet, so I have been playing without getting any trophies, therefor no sync. But here is my copy : http://prntscr.com/87pm4g

I didn't write this to be analyzed by the user verification police, I was simply chiming in with my opinion and disappointment of the game :)

I appreciate you providing the pic, it's unfortunate to hear the game was disappointing to you.  I had fairly high hopes for this one, but not enough to put $60 down for it.  It'll probably be another The Order 1886 scenario for me where I get it used for $20 a few months from now.

I will say though, if you don't want your opinions "analyzed" or questioned (especially about currently unreleased, moderately hyped Playstation exclusives on a Playstation forum) by the "user verification police"... maybe consider purchasing a diary or a journal, or something that doesn't post them to the internet for the world to see and respond to? :)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 2

I appreciate you providing the pic, it's unfortunate to hear the game was disappointing to you.  I had fairly high hopes for this one, but not enough to put $60 down for it.  It'll probably be another The Order 1886 scenario for me where I get it used for $20 a few months from now.

I will say though, if you don't want your opinions "analyzed" or questioned (especially about currently unreleased, moderately hyped Playstation exclusives on a Playstation forum) by the "user verification police"... maybe consider purchasing a diary or a journal, or something that doesn't post them to the internet for the world to see and respond to? :)

heh got it. It was kinda meant as a joke, I did not try to offend you in any way with the analytic police squad comment, so my apologies if you where. Either way, I got the game, and imo it's lame and disappointing. I had high hope's for it too (hence the pre-order).

I'm sure a lot of people will love it though, it was just not for me. Will prob finish it, but an hour a day is the most I can take from this game before getting enough off the cheesiness.

heh got it. It was kinda meant as a joke, I did not try to offend you in any way with the analytic police squad comment, so my apologies if you where. Either way, I got the game, and imo it's lame and disappointing. I had high hope's for it too (hence the pre-order).

I'm sure a lot of people will love it though, it was just not for me. Will prob finish it, but an hour a day is the most I can take from this game before getting enough off the cheesiness.

It's weird, i've watched the E3 and the Gamescom let's plays on this which in total pats out at about an hour or so of playable content and I'm not seeing the cheese at all. I'm definitely seeing the cliche part you mentioned though.

My apologies too... I need to try and stop being so antagonistic on here. xD

Either way, I got the game, and imo it's lame and disappointing. I had high hope's for it too (hence the pre-order).

Is there anything redeemable about it?  I do have a soft spot for horror flicks, even the cheesy ones, if there's something cool about it.  Maybe some violence or creepy moments sprinkled in.  Maybe an attractive girl to ogle for an hour and a half (less effective in the gaming medium I suppose).  I assume the game looks good enough, does it play well?  Do the choices you make feel meaningful at all, even if the end result is cheesy/cliche?

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Is there anything redeemable about it?  I do have a soft spot for horror flicks, even the cheesy ones, if there's something cool about it.  Maybe some violence or creepy moments sprinkled in.  Maybe an attractive girl to ogle for an hour and a half (less effective in the gaming medium I suppose).  I assume the game looks good enough, does it play well?  Do the choices you make feel meaningful at all, even if the end result is cheesy/cliche?

I guess the game itself is built fairly good. Like with the choices, collectibles etc.. There are a lot of them, and they do have an impact (either it being story related or just that someone suddenly thinks your a d..k)

It's more the poor acting combined with the classic "cabin in the woods, let's go down the basement, oh no there is no lights, what is that sound, let's go outside and check out that other cabin far away for no reason at all, let's flirt and be teenagers a long the way" without any of it being scary that put's me off.

As for "creepy moments". I love being drawn into a video game when things get really intense and build up to be extremely scary, but this game (so far) doesn't hold any of that. It's obvious that they try, but it just come's off as cheesy and childish.

As I mentioned, if I where a 14 year old girl I would probably love it.

But who knows. Maybe it will get a lot better and interesting later in the story, but I have my doubts.

I guess I just might simply be to old for this nonsense  :)  On Tuesday the world will decide, this is only my opinion. I would rate it 5/10, and I would probably not buy it until it was max $20, if at all, if I knew what I now know.

Edited by eivinds

I guess the game itself is built fairly good. Like with the choices, collectibles etc.. There are a lot of them, and they do have an impact (either it being story related or just that someone suddenly thinks your a d..k)

It's more the poor acting combined with the classic "cabin in the woods, let's go down the basement, oh no there is no lights, what is that sound, let's go outside and check out that other cabin far away for no reason at all, let's flirt and be teenagers a long the way" without any of it being scary that put's me off.

As for "creepy moments". I love being drawn into a video game when things get really intense and build up to be extremely scary, but this game (so far) doesn't hold any of that. It's obvious that they try, but it just come's off as cheesy and childish.

As I mentioned, if I where a 14 year old girl I would probably love it.

But who knows. Maybe it will get a lot better and interesting later in the story, but I have my doubts.

I guess I just might simply be to old for this nonsense  :)  On Tuesday the world will decide, this is only my opinion. I would rate it 5/10, and I would probably not buy it until it was max $20, if at all, if I knew what I now know.

It's weird, i've watched the E3 and the Gamescom let's plays on this which in total pats out at about an hour or so of playable content and I'm not seeing the cheese at all. I'm definitely seeing the cliche part you mentioned though.

Most of the early impressions have been pretty positive, I'd say it's just not your type of game eivinds 

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/72354162 

http://nzgamer.com/previews/1260/until-dawn-hands-on.html

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/07/14/dawn-preview-flirting-fate/#/slide/1