This has trophies, right?

PleaseHoldOn

Did it always have trophies?  Obviously, I can tell looking the main PSNProfiles site that the game has trophies... but I swear I remember this game not having them.  Did they get added later?  Or am I just way off base?  Maybe I'm thinking of the PC where the Steam copy doesn't have achievements.

I'm most likely going to pick it up this weekend since I've seen it at the local used game shop for like $3 and always passed because I swore the game didn't have trophies (and my backlog is big enough as it is).  It's been on my radar though since it looked like a gorgeous game graphically and fun to play (albeit easy, which isn't a bad thing for my blood pressure these days xD).  Just want to make sure I guess that a used retail copy will have trophies... and it's not some kooky digital only thing that happened a few years later.

Appreciate any info guys.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Sometimes game patches can add trophy support to games that once didn't have them. I don't know if that's the case here though.

Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out.  I know it's happened for a number of games.  Guess I'm just looking to see if that is what happened (or if I'm just flat out wrong), and if it were a patch, that it'd apply to a cheap used retail copy as well. :)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out.  I know it's happened for a number of games.  Guess I'm just looking to see if that is what happened (or if I'm just flat out wrong), and if it were a patch, that it'd apply to a cheap used retail copy as well. :)

I dunno if it was a patch or not, but I got my copy used recently (a few months ago) and the trophies worked fine. Every game should unlock trophies if you buy it used as long as they had them in the first place/were patched in.

This game had trophies from launch.

You're fine buying any older game that had trophies patched in anyway as the patches load up whether the game is new or used.

I think this game only has 1 patch (patch 1.01) which added the Epilogue DLC support and the trophies for it.

• Like 2

This game had trophies from launch.

You're fine buying any older game that had trophies patched in anyway as the patches load up whether the game is new or used.

I think this game only has 1 patch (patch 1.01) which added the Epilogue DLC support and the trophies for it.

Appreciate the info Stevie.  I know that typically games with trophies patched in work regardless of new/used, but this was just an oddball scenario where I was absolutely convinced that it didn't have trophy support at launch and for some reason, I tricked myself into thinking that it must've been some digital only situation. :)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Appreciate the info Stevie.  I know that typically games with trophies patched in work regardless of new/used, but this was just an oddball scenario where I was absolutely convinced that it didn't have trophy support at launch and for some reason, I tricked myself into thinking that it must've been digital only situation. :)

Yeah, there were a few games released around the same time that didn't have trophies from launch and were later patched in, but this game had them from the start. It was actually the very first platinum trophy I ever earned. B):D

Appreciate the info Stevie.  I know that typically games with trophies patched in work regardless of new/used, but this was just an oddball scenario where I was absolutely convinced that it didn't have trophy support at launch and for some reason, I tricked myself into thinking that it must've been some digital only situation. :)

Aww, where's my thanks :(? I answered first :P Though yeah, it was a guess based on the trophy times xD