Flip Flop trophy

Yes it is possible :) If you're wanting to use any maps on Tier 2 or above after reinstalling your game data, just know that you'll have to restart your progress towards unlocking them tiers again because your game save is tied to the latest patch

Edited by SkyesUnholy

Yes it is possible :) If you're wanting to use any maps on Tier 2 or above after reinstalling your game data, just know that you'll have to restart your progress towards unlocking them tiers again because your game save is tied to the latest patch

Can anyone confirm that this actually works?

I tried deleting my data from the ps4, reinstalling and playing without any patches, but after completing my first map the game ended up hanging on the loading screen. After a little while the game told me the data had been corrupted.

As a related question - does anyone have any suggestions soloing the Flip Flop trophy? I've read some suggestions about playing a Heavy and trying to just keep the Goliath available whenever you start a new round. It worked okay, but I kept dying on wave 47. The post also completely underestimated the time spent; author was stating ~1 hour, 45 mins, and yet each time I attempted my 47 waves ended up taking 2 and a half hours.

Just kind of gave up for now, as it's difficult to get motivated for it as I've already wasted so much time for nothing. I was curious if there was a better way.

Can anyone confirm that this actually works?

I tried deleting my data from the ps4, reinstalling and playing without any patches, but after completing my first map the game ended up hanging on the loading screen. After a little while the game told me the data had been corrupted.

That was exactly how I did. That's weird, the game itself notified me that I had to restart because my progress was saved to the latest patch.

As a related question - does anyone have any suggestions soloing the Flip Flop trophy? I've read some suggestions about playing a Heavy and trying to just keep the Goliath available whenever you start a new round. It worked okay, but I kept dying on wave 47. The post also completely underestimated the time spent; author was stating ~1 hour, 45 mins, and yet each time I attempted my 47 waves ended up taking 2 and a half hours.

Just kind of gave up for now, as it's difficult to get motivated for it as I've already wasted so much time for nothing. I was curious if there was a better way.

Personally, I learnt how to get on the buildings of the map Retreat (you can easily search on Youtube how to do this). Next, I found the spot where the AI collectively bundles up and pretty much camped there, at that specific spot I found, the entire time, only coming down when there was only one enemy left so I could upgrade my weapon damage and armour. I also used the Heavy exo suit, pretty much only for the laser rifle. At the time I did this, I considered recording it but opted not to because I was lazy :/

I tried the delete patch and wall breeches and they didn't work.  Big waste of time.

I ended up doing it solo using that big exo suit and the laser gun fully ranked.  Choose a map that you are comfortable with, preferably one that has all the boxes close to each other.  I chose Detroit.  Takes about 3-4 hours so don't screw up!  

Something like this video:

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

That was exactly how I did. That's weird, the game itself notified me that I had to restart because my progress was saved to the latest patch.

Personally, I learnt how to get on the buildings of the map Retreat (you can easily search on Youtube how to do this). Next, I found the spot where the AI collectively bundles up and pretty much camped there, at that specific spot I found, the entire time, only coming down when there was only one enemy left so I could upgrade my weapon damage and armour. I also used the Heavy exo suit, pretty much only for the laser rifle. At the time I did this, I considered recording it but opted not to because I was lazy :/

Yeah I got that message too saying it would wipe my progress, but that was before I even started the match. It was after the match (I did like 10 waves because I didn't feel like doing more) that it stated the data was corrupted.

I'll have to try it again on Retreat when I get a chance. Thank you for the suggestion.

I tried the delete patch and wall breeches and they didn't work.  Big waste of time.

I ended up doing it solo using that big exo suit and the laser gun fully ranked.  Takes about 3-4 hours so don't screw up!  

Something like this video:

I saw that video too, which is the strategy I was initially using.

The video says it's "safe" but it's quite a fallacy when you hit wave 45, heck you could argue it's tough prior to that. 

He doesn't point out the fact that the Warbirds actually shoot your Goliath drop down if you ever use it when they're up (hence you can't use it at all unless the Warbird is down). This is what happened to me on my last attempt with the Heavy, and I got owned by the 4 ASTs, the slew of Launcher guys, and the Warbird. Even being a Heavy with maximum armor doesn't exactly make you invincible. The Goliath is great, but you have to REALLY careful about getting hit by melee - melee can actually destroy your Goliath in 2-3 hits. 

He also doesn't recommend any changes in weapons, and I would highly suggest picking up the MDL for ASTs, since the initial laser gun you get doesn't do jack to them, although it's great for everything else. 

In my experience at least, the AI would also swarm you immediately when you use your Goliath. So you might say "hey I'll use it the second the round starts" and yet, every time I did that, I would immediately start getting shot at. Every time I decided not to do that though, I would usually end up not seeing anything for the first 30 seconds or so. Could have been just RNG though. So my suggestion would be to use it right before the match starts, so at least you get a chance to start things up before getting swarmed.

But yeah there's nothing quite as infuriating as spending 2 and a half hours doing a bunch of mindless repetitive killing just to die right at the tail-end.

• Like 1

Yeah I got that message too saying it would wipe my progress, but that was before I even started the match. It was after the match (I did like 10 waves because I didn't feel like doing more) that it stated the data was corrupted.

I'll have to try it again on Retreat when I get a chance. Thank you for the suggestion.

I saw that video too, which is the strategy I was initially using.

The video says it's "safe" but it's quite a fallacy when you hit wave 45, heck you could argue it's tough prior to that. 

He doesn't point out the fact that the Warbirds actually shoot your Goliath drop down if you ever use it when they're up (hence you can't use it at all unless the Warbird is down). This is what happened to me on my last attempt with the Heavy, and I got owned by the 4 ASTs, the slew of Launcher guys, and the Warbird. Even being a Heavy with maximum armor doesn't exactly make you invincible. The Goliath is great, but you have to REALLY careful about getting hit by melee - melee can actually destroy your Goliath in 2-3 hits. 

He also doesn't recommend any changes in weapons, and I would highly suggest picking up the MDL for ASTs, since the initial laser gun you get doesn't do jack to them, although it's great for everything else. 

In my experience at least, the AI would also swarm you immediately when you use your Goliath. So you might say "hey I'll use it the second the round starts" and yet, every time I did that, I would immediately start getting shot at. Every time I decided not to do that though, I would usually end up not seeing anything for the first 30 seconds or so. Could have been just RNG though. So my suggestion would be to use it right before the match starts, so at least you get a chance to start things up before getting swarmed.

But yeah there's nothing quite as infuriating as spending 2 and a half hours doing a bunch of mindless repetitive killing just to die right at the tail-end.

I only used that video as part of my strategy.  Everyone will have their own techniques to success.  It wasn't easy, there is no easy way to do it legit, and it takes time and sucks if you fail, but it is doable with practice.  I choose Detroit because it has lots of cover and some good run loops and the important crates for later rounds are close together.

-You can stack your Goliaths

-Don't deploy it until you are in trouble, never just at the start of a round because you have one.

-Cross fire will get you killed very quickly so keep your enemies at angles and do not get trapped.

I hate when people say it's easy because difficulty is relative.

Edited by audiopile

I only used that video as part of my strategy.  Everyone will have their own techniques to success.  It wasn't easy, there is no easy way to do it legit, and it takes time and sucks if you fail, but it is doable with practice.  I choose Detroit because it has lots of cover and some good run loops and the important crates for later rounds are close together.

-You can stack your Goliaths

-Don't deploy it until you are in trouble, never just at the start of a round because you have one.

-Cross fire will get you killed very quickly so keep your enemies at angles and do not get trapped.

I hate when people say it's easy because difficulty is relative.

Oh yeah I feel the same way lol how about that trophy guide on this site eh? 4/10? Clearly lol obviously the author jotted down that difficulty rating as he got the plat while using one of the aforementioned glitches without any consideration that it might get patched (and god knows there CAN'T be anyone out there that wants to do it legit mirite?).

You're right though, you just have to work with what's comfortable for you. As I mentioned before, I actually got to wave 47 by myself twice, with the first actually being with a Saboteur exo suit on Bio Lab. Running around in circles, picking off what I can when I can was working fine until they just threw entirely too much at me at once. I think it's fairly probable you can complete wave 50 with any exo suit, provided you know what you're doing.

The reason why I suggested to use the Goliath right before the wave started is that it always made things go a bit faster for me; I was usually able to pick off quite a few things before it got destroyed. It may have been due to the map I was on (Horizon) but there were a number of waves where all the AI would just funnel into the same room, and I could just throw off a rocket and kill 3-5 at once. While using it at the beginning, you could pick off a few at least, then finish up the rest while you wait for it to become available again, and just repeat the process. That's just how I did it though, ultimately it is certainly just personal preference.

Double post here, but I finally managed to do it legit. 

I was actually wrong about which wave I kept screwing up on, it's wave 48 (232). At least I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I would argue that this wave is the problematic wave in the entire thing, as the Warbird poses the biggest problem in conjunction with everything else. There's at least 3 ASTs (may have been 4) and then you have pretty much nothing but Launcher guys. I would recommend busting EVERYTHING you have to get through this wave, as wave 49 and 50 is just more of the same stuff you've seen before. There's 3 ASTs on wave 50, but wave 48 is last of the Warbirds.

If anyone is curious about which waves are the bonus objective rounds, they are - 3, 6, 9, 13, 16, 19....I forgot if it's 21 or 22, but the last is at wave 24. I think that's what they are, as unfortunately it's not really possible to pause the game to write it down when they actually happen. It does just repeat the pattern on the n2 waves.

Just some other advice for those looking to solo legit:

I did use the strategy outlined in the video above (Heavy class, using Goliath and keeping 1 guy alive at the end to wait for the ability to come back), but like I said in other posts, his strat imo needs to be polished a bit.

1) Saving all your upgrade points to get as many armor upgrades as you can come wave 10 is good, but I'm not sure how he uses the rest, beyond maximizing that, then weapon proficiency. Getting the missile upgrade for your Goliath at wave 16 I would recommend, since it has some great splash damage. As I said before, I liked the MDL for a secondary weapon, but I forgot to point out you need the perk Weapons Free to use it, which generally pops up around wave 15 if you've been getting your support drops. 

The Trophy system for the Goliath is pretty good (anything helps there), and the Homing Rocket is okay but it's not something to fret over if you feel like buying something else first. The Homing Rocket is not like one in the campaign, as it can only hit 1 enemy at a time, although it is possible to hit multiples with its splash damage if it hits the ground or something, although it's tough to manage. The "Ping" radar ability, imo, is absolute garbage. You would think it works kind of like a UAV but it really doesn't do much of anything unless the AI is basically right next to you anyway. You can get it if you want, but I just think it's a waste of points.

All the other Scorestreak upgrades imo are useless. The Warbird, the Drone, the Turret, although all seem nice, barely do anything come the tougher waves (40+) so personally I wouldn't bother with upgrading them unless you have an excess of upgrade points and wish to test them out yourself. As audiopile stated, you can have multiple Goliaths, so I personally just stocked up on them.

The Exo Stim ability should be bought as soon as you can too (which the video points out), as that can save your life. Just make sure that you buy it again after you use it because the game doesn't clearly state how the Exo abilities work in Survivor. For Exo Stim at least, you get one use, and then it depletes. What's the point of upgrading your Exo Abiity stat? It just lasts longer, so you get a longer hp regen boost. The video states that he upgrades his Exo Ability stat after weapon and armor, but I don't think it's that useful. It's also possible to use Exo Stim to your advantage during "Defuse" rounds, as you can use it then start to defuse without much worry about dying (but don't be overconfident!). Still possible to die however, it just makes it easier to deal with.

2) As far as weapons go, surprisingly, they all kind of suck. If you're playing a Heavy, your laser gun will do you great the entire time. You may think about switching out the MDL for something else, but personally I never found anything worthwhile. For those curious, the last sniper rifle, despite being "best in class damage" didn't seem to do anything against ASTs. The last launcher, although seems interesting, only has 2 bullets total.

The Stinger is the only one that I thought was "okay" but the lock-on system is not like the campaign lock-on - it only has an audio cue, no visual ones. It doesn't take a huge amount of time to lock-on, but when you're facing down an AST or Warbird, you generally don't want to just sit there for too long.

Getting the foregrip attachment for your laser is good too, to reduce the recoil on it. It's cheap to buy as well.

3) Something I didn't know at the time I finished my wave 50 run, but I sure would have liked to - Ammo supply boxes recover hp. So if you're low on health and you manage to see one nearby, go grab it. It seems to be a full health restore.

4) Just so people know, I finished it on the Solar map (which is a tier 3 map) and on patch 1.20, so just an fyi if they end up patching again.

• 1 year later...

It's really a late comment for this topic but I' ll try to give some tips and suggestions about Flip Flop trophy. First of try to do it on solo or max. 2 players because the more player means more quicker you die. I tried with 3 more people and died at 24(2) and with 1 more player and died at 25(2). So I say don' t waste your time on Co-op or with randoms. If you unlocked Tier 3 maps, then Solar map is your best friend because it has 2 camping spots and 1 of them is near at the Weapon Armory (the safest one) and go with the Heavy Class because has Goliath and EM1 laser gun. Just be careful for Nano Swarm attacks and Warbirds, Drones etc... You can reach 12 waves really easy without using Goliath. After wave 13, just to be safe wear the Goliath and start killing enemies but leave one of them alive so you can run, escape from him while recharging the suit. Then kill him and turn to the spot. Be careful about objectives, if there's an objective about Defuse and Uplink just don't do them. You' ll get a punishment but again leave one of the enemies alive so your punishment will end without havig a trouble and be careful about turrets. Upgrade your weapon to lvl 5 or 6 then fully upgrade your armor. Then buy the last 3 upgrades for the weapon. Try to buy Exo Cloack or Exo Stim ability, they're really important for this run. When you receive Support Drop don't select Dingo because it makes you slow. Try to pick up Unlimited Sprint first. On streaks pick up Goliath, Bombing Run or Assault Drone. This Drone is really helpful for the Warbirds but not forget to destroy it because it can cause you a problem when your Goliath didn't recharged. Then rinse and repeat this Goliath method and be careful. Unfortunately the game not pauses and it will take your time like 2 hrs 45 mins. to 3 hrs. Really long process but it will worth it. If you got further questions ask me. Good luck!

• Like 1