Rockin' but not Mega aka No Platinum

theJJ88

Sony desperately needs to update their policies and criteria for Trophy lists...

There's already hundreds of other PS3, PS Vita, and PS4 Trophy Lists that are radically inconsistent with the game's content...

The Trophy list for the Mega Man Legacy Collection is now officially the worst one yet...

Edited by dmm121182

Out of curiosity is there any criteria on whether a game can or cannot have a platinum trophy?

Sony says there is, but they haven't revealed what those may be. I'm fairly sure money is involved in some way and others have mentioned good developer relations and such as possible criteria as well.

• Like 1

Who cares?

It's just a trophy list. It's not like you're gonna die if it doesn't have a platinum.

The fact that the collection doesn't include Mega Man 7-10 is far worse then not having a plat.

I never implied my life would be ruined or thought I acted angry about it. No need to be provocated by a statement. ;)

I don't care that much of 7&8, but on 9&10 I agree. Those two should have been included. And I still think shiny Platinum would have been mega.

• Like 1

They could have easily fleshed out the trophy list with more story related trophies or challenge trophies that can appear in certain stages.

Take for example a trophy i made up myself in 10 seconds. "Defeat Mecha Dragon (Mega Man 2) without being hit in under 1 minute" That could be a bronze since it's not hard to do that. Trophies like the one i mentioned above could have really helped and made the games a bit more challenging since most of the Mega Man games after the first one are easy as hell.

EDIT: I'm okay with the game having no platinum but they really should have included more trophies since there are six games included. They would have had more freedom when it comes to creating trophies as well.

EDIT 2: Or wait, maybe a trophy like this would have been fun. "Beat the entirety of Mega Man 2 with Sprite Flickering enabled" BAM! Instant silver trophy.

Edited by Densetsu no Saiyajin
  • Like 1

I never implied my life would be ruined or thought I acted angry about it. No need to be provocated by a statement. ;)

I don't care that much of 7&8, but on 9&10 I agree. Those two should have been included. And I still think shiny Platinum would have been mega.

I wasn't and you shouldn't be provocated by my statement either along with the collection not having a plat.

A platinum would be "mega" but in the end they're just trophies so chill out and just play the collection or not.

And the collection should at least have 7 and 8 included since you can download 9 and 10 and the Anniversary Collection on PS2 had them.

I could understand not putting in a platinum for each game, but when six games are in one trophy list, and those six games aren't exactly 5 minutes long and easy as balls, there should at least be one platinum for the set, but then again, this isn't a particularly new thing.

• Like 2

What they could have done is main game list for the challenges and the collection, with DLC trophy lists for each game. Would have been the same, but with 6 PSN DLCs more worth of trophies.

Edited by MMDE

Out of curiosity is there any criteria on whether a game can or cannot have a platinum trophy?

There clearly isn't any criteria whatsoever in any way, shape, or form, which is exactly why it's a problem...

Literally any potential theory regarding whether a game can or cannot have a full Trophy list (Platinum) can now be easily disproven by numerous examples...

There hasn't been any rhyme or reason, logic, or consistency within the PlayStation Trophy lists for many years...

Every potential factor for what determines a full or partial Trophy list is now apparently completely irrelevant...

Release (Retail vs. Digital), Type (AAA vs. Indie), Price (Full vs. Budget), Content (100 Hours vs. 1 Hour), Difficulty (Brutal vs. Easy), Size (50GB vs. 50MB), etc., etc., etc...

Edited by dmm121182

As for the members who are saying who cares or why does this matter, your on a trophy forum and yet you don't care about trophies..... I'm confused

But it still has trophies... just no platinum :P It would be different if they were saying "who even cares about the trophies" or something.

There clearly isn't any criteria whatsoever in any way, shape, or form, which is exactly why it is a problem...

Literally any potential theory regarding whether a game can or cannot have a full Trophy list (Platinum) can now easily be disproven by numerous examples...

There hasn't been any rhyme or reason, logic, or consistency within the Trophy lists for many years...

Every potential Trophy list factor is now apparently completely irrelevant...

Release (Retail vs. Digital), Type (AAA vs. Indie), Price (Full vs. Budget), Content (100 Hours vs. 1 Hour), Difficulty (Brutal vs. Easy), Size (50GB vs. 50MB), etc., etc., etc...

Like I said, money (as in how much is being given to Sony) probably plays a factor just like it does with things like patches :P

Edited by zadorvp

Like I said, money (as in how much is being given to Sony) probably plays a factor just like it does with things like patches :P

Yeah, I'm sure all the Platinum Trophies for extremely low-budget Indie games were only caused by bribes to Sony from the starving developers... :P

Edited by dmm121182
  • Like 2

The issue with this is and yes I know it happens all time but it is that Xbox have more achievements than PS4's trophies, Almost every second PSN game I play has this and its starting to get annoying.

Yes I know some reasons why and to be honest I don't care its about time Sony started to wake up and except it.

As for the members who are saying who cares or why does this matter, your on a trophy forum and yet you don't care about trophies..... I'm confused

Sony and Microsoft have different policies is all.

And this isn't a trophy forum, this is a GAMING forum. This site is really more about gaming then trophies and because of that fact not everyone has to care about trophies and I bet many, maybe even the majority, of the users on this site don't even pay attention to trophies and maybe even turned trophy pops off on their systems.

There are also plenty of forum topics on this site that aren't even about gaming either, let alone trophies, that even the site's owner, Sly Ripper, has made and commented in so yeah asking why people don't care about trophies on this site isn't gonna get you anywhere so just don't worry about it.

Because whoever made the trophy list only put 315 points worth of trophies in. Im pretty sure there needs to be a certain amount of points to qualify for a platinum.

Same reason why the Walking Dead season 2 had no platinum (the way the episodes were released).