Lost my save at the Platinum :(

Chaos_CG

So apparently this game has issues with maintaining save files or something. I had gone through all the time trials and beaten the Livid Dead prior to finishing off the final boss and had just collected all of the electoons save for the three in the final stage.

I get through it with 318 lums in tow, ready for the platinum to pop, and instead of the final cutscene, I am greeted by Rayman doing his pose with the first electoon of three on the medalian being filled in... Then fade to white. Nothing happens. I can pause and unpause, but still nothing.

So I give that up and restart the level, frustrated by the (at the time) annoying loss of progress. Fade to white then loading, loading, loading... 10 minutes later I opt to close the game and reopen it.

All that is there is a New Game slot. The file completely lost at the moment I should have had my platinum. ;(

I am greatful I at least had a cloud save made, but it was from 5 months ago, and 50 electoons short of where I was (mostly the time trials).

Just... The biggest letdown I've had in forever. Is this common? Is there a nessesary buffer of memory this game needs on the memory card? It was lagging quite a bit near the end, and the music would cut out every now and then between deaths.

• Like 1

I've never heard of that happening. I platted the PS3 version of Origins on my original account and never had any problems. Sounds like your hard drive may have had some kind of error. Pretty unlucky.

A lesson to learn from this is to always back up your saves onto the cloud whenever you stop playing, which you can do since you have Playstation Plus on your account.

And you didn't get the plat, either? Damn. :(

Unfortunately no. Though after this I did look up on PlayStationTrophies.org and found that there was an exploit specifically found on the medallion trophy which under the circumstances, I broke down and used. Not happy about it, but I did also go back and complete the final stage, so I have my Plat now and a bit of closure.

Still, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I've never heard of that happening. I platted the PS3 version of Origins on my original account and never had any problems. Sounds like your hard drive may have had some kind of error. Pretty unlucky.

A lesson to learn from this is to always back up your saves onto the cloud whenever you stop playing, which you can do since you have Playstation Plus on your account.

I had less than 100 MGs left and recently installed 2 new games. I have a feeling I didn't have enough memory for temporary files left or something.

Either way, I'll be sure to keep more cloud saves going forward. I always knew to for the Disgaea series, what with the hundreds of hours involved, but it often only came to mind for shorter games as a final resting place for my saves for PS+ Games that I had finished and had to delete for HDD space.

Though something definitely feels wrong as I type this and watch the intro demo run looking like a buffering video from 10 years ago. A delete and reinstall might fix it, but at this point, I'm just done with this so I can have the HDD space back again.

It was indeed fun and challenging, but not something I plan to come back to for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...

A bit more unfortunate news. It seems that this is no longer a Rayman exclusive issue for me.

I'd like to thank you all for the recommendations to get my files backed up as it now looks like a hopeless situation overall.

After finishing up Rayman, I jumped into the Disgaea 3 Vita version. First time, it didn't even load... Second, it loads up fine, but when I start going to the stage select, I see some of the background images for maps only half loaded. Start one simple one and complete it just fine... But the next only the base panel loads, and the stage autowins... Followed by a crash.

I looked through the rest of my digital library to have similar problems, and most wouldn't even load. Tried reinstalling, but it's only an intermittent fix. Tried my other memory card that has my PS1 Classics and a few PSP games, and sadly same thing.

Amongst the errors I've gotten, it appears that C2-12828-1 is known to be an unrecoverable semi-system bricking issue...

I've also had E-00000001, C2-13213-0, C1-2764-9, C1-2760-5, C1-6509-0, and C2-14185-9 amongst others... Sadly this was purchased as a refurbished unit, and online postings indicate that even a factory rest will not rid a system of this problem.

It looks like I can continue to play, but who knows when or how hard it will crash at any given time. Sometimes it will just randomly deactivate DLC too...

All I can say at this point is follow the advise I was given here, if you have PS+, make use of the cloud saving feature. If I can ever afford a new vita, at least my hundreds of hours will not be lost.

• 5 years later...