Losing focus, could use some help deciding what to do next

Crispy_Oglop

Hey guys,

So i'm about 125 hours into this game and i've lost my focus a bit. I could really use some suggestions on where to go from here. e.g should I be grinding out more gil for the remaining weapons and accessories? Should i be getting the final cieth missions out of the way? etc

This is what I have already done:

- Finished the game for the first time 

- Maxed out the crystarium for everyone

- Obtained all final weapons

- Completed all Cieth Missions up to #50

This is what I still need to do:

Weapons:

- Buy the following from Gilgamesh Inc. & upgrade them:

Organyx // Alderbrans // Tiger Claw // Sacrificial Circle // Malfas // Dragon Lance

Accessories:

- Obtain the following

Super Ribbon // Gold Watch // Siltstone Ring // Gaian Ring // Genji Glove // Fire Charm // Lightning Charm // Wind Charm // Earth Charm

-C'ieth missions #51 - #64

-5 Star rating on all missions

-5 Star Rating on final boss

-Kill specific trophies (e.g Floraphobe)

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

hmmm.. i am basing my response on what I did:

Finish the Story > Maxed Crystarium + Completed all Cieth Missions > 5-Star All missions > Obtain all Stuffs

finishing the story could also be done after maxed cystarium so that you don't have to fight the last boss battle again to 5-star it, much harder though since as damon said below, the expansion doesn't unlock after you beat the game...

with the weapons and accessories stuff, I think you shouldn't be focusing on it ATM since some of them are rewards in Cieth missions: e.g. Genji Gloves. 

oh, since you still haven't finished the story... I've read somewhere that there is a good CP and money grind spot in last dungeon.

Edited by JeieeM

How about finishing the game first before you do anything? The final crystarium expansion doesn't unlock until after you beat the game, and it really gets boring to grind out CP later if that's all you're doing. You'll easy get the CP when you grind for gil and items to upgrade your equipment later. And I'd leave the rest of the Cie'th missions to last, especially the ones that stand in a circle on the Archylte Plains. Defeating all those particular ones changes the Adamanchelids, Adamantortoises, and Adamantoises on the Plains into Shaolong Guis and Long Guis, the strongest enemies in the game. Makes it a real pain in the ass to fight them for Platinum Ingots when you could do it with the weaker set of enemies.

hmmm.. i am basing my response on what I did:

Finish the Story > Maxed Crystarium + Completed all Cieth Missions > 5-Star All missions > Obtain all Stuffs

finishing the story could also be done after maxed cystarium so that you don't have to fight the last boss battle again to 5-star it.

oh, since you still haven't finished the story... I've read somewhere that there is a good CP and money grind spot in last dungeon.

How about finishing the game first before you do anything? The final crystarium expansion doesn't unlock until after you beat the game, and it really gets boring to grind out CP later if that's all you're doing. You'll easy get the CP when you grind for gil and items to upgrade your equipment later. And I'd leave the rest of the Cie'th missions to last, especially the ones that stand in a circle on the Archylte Plains. Defeating all those particular ones changes the Adamanchelids, Adamantortoises, and Adamantoises on the Plains into Shaolong Guis and Long Guis, the strongest enemies in the game. Makes it a real pain in the ass to fight them for Platinum Ingots when you could do it with the weaker set of enemies.

Great advice :) I think my original post wasn't clear though, so I edited it for clarity. I've already maxed out my Crystarium and finished the main story :)

In my second attempt at the plat, I upgraded my equipment then finished the Cie'th missions last. Using the right set of maxed out equipment and Paradigms will make 5-starring those missions a foregone conclusion at that point. Beating Vercingetorix for 5 stars and getting the Gold Watch was actually the last thing I did before getting that game's plat.

^wow... weally? I actually got Gold Watch As soon as I can...xD

hmmm... what I think I did was:

finish Mission 64 for Gold Watch > complete all Missions(I got Floraphobe along the way) > fight Long Gui > 5-star Final battle + all missions > grind fest a.k.a. spend lots of time with Shaolong Gui and Long Gui...

well... what Damon also said is great since Shaolong Gui and Long Gui are really a pain sometimes in my run but I do suggest though to get Gold Watch as soon as possible for easier life in 5-starring missions

Just go finish the Cieth missions, since you're maxed Crystarium the only one that should be a problem at all is the last one. Then go back and 5 star them all. The money you'll get from that will help you level the last couple items. I did all but the last 3 Cieth missions before I was maxed so that I'd get the CP as I was working, but that's neither here not there at this point.

Start by doing the mission that gets you the gold watch first, as that will help your 5 star attempts dramatically. Also, use tier 2 weapons instead of the ultimate ones, that makes it a little easier to get 5 stars as well. Using the right accessories helps a ton as well. Forgive me for not remembering item names but the abilities you want are:

Auto-haste

Auto-bravery or auto-faith or both.

Start with a full bar <- allows instant attacks on a fight start. Great for very quickly killing on the lower Cieth missions.

Gold watch on somebody.

Once you finish that upgrade items until done, sell anything you're certain you don't need if you need more upgrade money.

Then go 5 star the final boss, he's not going anywhere.