PS Plus Line-up For September

Xel

I had this fear when Sony announced that PS plus will be required for online play at the devs discretion. I knew at that point the quality of PS plus free games would diminish and so far it has. There have been a few great games that has come out free but no where near the quality that it was before PS + became required. Im just hoping that since the PS4 is in an early stage of its life that after time the quality of free games will get better. 

Those were my thoughts exactly.  And someone earlier in this thread said 'you can't please everyone'.  While that's true, it doesn't have to be all or nothing.  We don't need to have either all retro indie titles or all AAA titles. Just give us 2 big name games each month, don't even have to be new ones, and I'll be happy.  I waited for months hoping SR4 and Watch Dogs would go to Plus and they didn't, so I ended up buying both of them new on disc for under $10.  And I play on PS3, not PS4.  There's so many big name games that have come out in the last 3-5 years that they could put up here, but they don't.  Now I'm fine with a few indies or retro games, or whatever these are considered.  Some people like them, and that's fine, but we've only had 3 or 4 games this whole year I would consider big names releases.  It's just not enough.  Provide something for everyone, that's all I'm saying.  Some people like indies and some like AAA titles, just like how some like shooters and some like rpgs.  If every month had 6 rpgs I'm sure there'd be just as many angry Plus subscribers as there are those who want to play anticipated titles from last couple years.  Most games drop in price so fast that it really wouldn't be hard to get a few AAA titles every month and even things out.  My plus expires in Feb (got 2 years at once during the Thanksgiving sale 2 years ago and renewed both at the same time :/) and I don't have a PS4, so there's nothing whatsoever keeping me subbed next year.  Even 1 or 2 good months wouldn't do it.  Sony would need to made a change now and keep it up for 6 months.  But they won't, cause the masses bought PS4s over Xbones and they control the market so they really couldn't give a shit about the customer anymore.  Very typical Sony, they've done this with all their products since the 80s.  Once they get control of the market, quality tanks.  Oh well...

its you're time and list so do what you want. Just want to put out there that the game isnt really that good. I only did it because i promised my friend i'd do it with him.

Again its up to you. Just figured i'd warn people. Also its not near as hard or time consuming as people say it is. 

Took me around 40-50 hours i think. Dont be fooled by the 12 hour plat time in the 100% club as he played like a scrub and had to set it up like that to pull a fast time which only made it take longer for him.

Shotsfired.gif

Overall really bad month, I have to say one of the worst personally for me in a while.  Twisted Medal seems ok, but enough with the Indies, your making harder and harder to justify the price of PS+ even on PS4, if it wasnt for my backlog of PS3 games I would have to strongly consider this Ps+ the way it is kind of not worth the money.  It is hard to see $2 or $3 games and graphics from the 90s on a new gen $400 console.  There is no excuse that the PS4 shouldnt be giving out one retail game a month there is at the moment at least 6 to 12 months worth of retails games you can do if you do one a month.

PS kind of got it right with the voting like I though they should do but now they should do is: 1 PS4 retail, 1 PS4 game we voted, 2 PS3 retail, no excuse Xbox does it, so can you, and 2 Vita games and please stop with the cross-buy and if it is a Vita type game leave it on Vita.

I had this fear when Sony announced that PS plus will be required for online play at the devs discretion. I knew at that point the quality of PS plus free games would diminish and so far it has. There have been a few great games that has come out free but no where near the quality that it was before PS + became required. Im just hoping that since the PS4 is in an early stage of its life that after time the quality of free games will get better. 

Hate to say it, but I dont think it will if ever.  I was hoping with the vote thing that would be our Indie game and than we would get a Retail game they picked.  here is the thing Sony still needs people to do PS+ even on PS4, b/c I feel the online isnt the same as Xbox and people view Sony online as inferior to Xbox.  I bet f you compare people who dropped PS+ on PS4 bc of the crappy games compared to Xbox, it would be a high % for Sony.  If I dint have my PS3 backlog, I probably wouldnt renew next year, bc the PS4 line up barely makes $40 or $50 a year worth it.

Shotsfired.gif

Aint got nothing against the goon as i dont know him, Just saying it was a scrub way to play the game. If he wanted to add on playtime to go for fastest time thats on him. I dont really care. Just letting people know it aint actually some 12 hour plat.

suite gif though.

Edited by killerJAZZ420

Not really a fan of the options this month, so I will concentrate on catching up on some of my other games. (And my Vita gets here Wednesday!) I will add them to my account in case I change my mind, though.

I like indie games more than AAA games, for the most part. I like the different perspectives and the unique ways of doing things. I will play and enjoy games from the big developers, too, don't get me wrong... But even though they tend to be shorter, indie games have an easier time getting me to give my "This is FUN!" grin.

Not all indie games are worth playing, of course, and there are a few flops on my profile that I am glad I didn't pay retail price. Not to mention, at the rate the crazy part of the market is going it's only a matter of time before we get "Nose Picking Simulator" and "I am Toenail Fungus"... :-P But a lot of indie games are top notch, and I am excited to have incentive to try some out for the price I pay for PS+.

its you're time and list so do what you want. Just want to put out there that the game isnt really that good. I only did it because i promised my friend i'd do it with him.

Again its up to you. Just figured i'd warn people. Also its not near as hard or time consuming as people say it is. 

Took me around 40-50 hours i think. Dont be fooled by the 12 hour plat time in the 100% club as he played like a scrub and had to set it up like that to pull a fast time which only made it take longer for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4EwKrTgtLQ

Several months ago I was very close to buying Teslagrad and La-Mulana EX, so I'm pretty happy I get them now for free.

It's been a while since there's been a month where I had none of the games. So good for me  xD

Only game I will not try is Twisted Metal cause I don't like grindy online  :unsure:

Would have preferred Zombie Vikings over Grow Home simply because it had couch coop, something that's getting scarce, but happy nonetheless. 

:D

I would like to remind you that there is an considerable amount of people who do not give a damn about MP (on PS4) or do not own PS4 at all, therefore, it's pretty biased to openly state that PS+ is required for something ;)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Teslagrad is a great side scrolling platformer.  Picked it up a month ago on a flash sale for under €5 and now its free, typical!  Still, was well worth its €5, excellent game.

La-Mulana EX looks interesting... rest don't interest me too much.

Surely PS4 has been around long enough now for some of the early AAA titles to make it to PS+. Kinda regretting getting rid of my PS3 as I had some great + games on there.

I don't know why but I keep expecting Tomb Raider to make an appearance on PS+, it seems to be on sale quite a lot. I would play this again on the PS4 if it was a freebie.

The Twisted metal platinum is going to be rare as fuck now

It's only really rare due to its online trophies, and since it's coming to PS+, the servers won't be going down anytime soon

This is a platinum I'll need to attain