My memory card corrupted :(

DeterminedArrow

mourn with me.

my smaller memory card corrupted. my 16 gb is still fine but my 8gb corrupted.

i lost my persona 4 clear save and NG+ - which had over 100 hours in it. and i was nearly to the "all the social links" trophy.

lost my over halfway completed Conception II.

lost hyperdimension neptunia. 

lost my nearly completed persona 3 portable. 

i don't know how it corrupted - it kept saying it was ejected and not in while it was WAS in. tales of hearts r quit saving (i was, thankfully, only a couple hours into it). i don't have playstation gold (it's not in the budget right now), so i didn't have my files backed up.

anyone else want to mourn with me, mope with me, or share similar tales of woe? :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. My memory card does that eject thing sometimes too, it's in the Vita but it says it's not. Thankfully like some people above i have PS+ so i just store the saves onto the cloud. You should also buy PS+ now since this happened to you.

My condolences.

No need to get PS+ to save your data elsewhere. You can backup your games (and saves) to your PS3 and PS4, and also PC (both Mac and Windows) using Content Manager Assistant

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html

this happened to me several times too. try the following: shut down the vitas power completely; remove the card; clean the card and the slot; insert card again; fire up the vita again. all data should be recovered. this helped me to get back the lost data

Thanks for your input, I note this.

I have a poll thread about this issue, please take a visit :) https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/28746-data-corruption-backup-and-startup-issues/

• Like 1

I lost all Dragon's Crown data. My level 89 hero, with almost all of the gallery art, NG+, and 90+ hours in. I'm so sorry.

mourn with me.

my smaller memory card corrupted. my 16 gb is still fine but my 8gb corrupted.

i lost my persona 4 clear save and NG+ - which had over 100 hours in it. and i was nearly to the "all the social links" trophy.

lost my over halfway completed Conception II.

lost hyperdimension neptunia. 

lost my nearly completed persona 3 portable. 

i don't know how it corrupted - it kept saying it was ejected and not in while it was WAS in. tales of hearts r quit saving (i was, thankfully, only a couple hours into it). i don't have playstation gold (it's not in the budget right now), so i didn't have my files backed up.

anyone else want to mourn with me, mope with me, or share similar tales of woe? :(

It's rare as rocking horse poop that a Vita card would corrupt.

Don't sweat the "what if's"...just have a backup plan. PS+ for saves will cover your patootie. Or use Content Manager to backup to another location.

Agreed. If you change memory cards it is not uncommon to get fingerprints on the card connectors, due to the tiny size of the cards. This is easily remedied by removing the card and wiping with a dry cloth. Of course make sure you power the system down before removing the memory card, even if the connection is problematic. Have you tried that?

Sorry for your loss. Ouch especially with P4 and P3P.

Conception 2...is at least easy to complete.

The only time this happen for me is Rogue Legacy corrupted save......had PS+ but it rolled me back around 40 hours of gameplay. Have not touched Rogue Legacy since.....

I lost all Dragon's Crown data. My level 89 hero, with almost all of the gallery art, NG+, and 90+ hours in. I'm so sorry.

The only time this happen for me is Rogue Legacy corrupted save......had PS+ but it rolled me back around 40 hours of gameplay. Have not touched Rogue Legacy since.....

I'm wondering how did you guys waste so much time on those games. I had my plat in 55 hours in Dragon's Crown and 25 in Rogue Legacy. The damage on Rogue Legacy is easily recoverable in a fresh run or by continuing the one you had because of the lack of unlockables (thanatophobia first try?), but I can't say the same about DC. It's quite a long game and you have to put some time to recover the lost galery stuff.

PS Plus, everyone. It's not only about the free games, you know? You both had it and could avoid any loss greater than IRL 24h, but you didn't. Wonder how far Kishnabe was in RL though. NG+++?

EDIT: I just checked Kishnabe list and he doesn't have either NG+ completed, Thanatofobia or any of the Remix bosses killed, so I'm calling 40h gamesave bullshit or he simply AFK'd the game for a shitload of time and the 40h mark is fake.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I'm wondering how did you guys waste so much time on those games. I had my plat in 55 hours in Dragon's Crown and 25 in Rogue Legacy. The damage on Rogue Legacy is easily recoverable in a fresh run or by continuing the one you had because of the lack of unlockables (thanatophobia first try?), but I can't say the same about DC. It's quite a long game and you have to put some time to recover the lost galery stuff.

PS Plus, everyone. It's not only about the free games, you know? You both had it and could avoid any loss greater than IRL 24h, but you didn't. Wonder how far Kishnabe was in RL though. NG+++?

EDIT: I just checked Kishnabe list and he doesn't have either NG+ completed, Thanatofobia or any of the Remix bosses killed, so I'm calling 40h gamesave bullshit or he simply AFK'd the game for a shitload of time and the 40h mark is fake.

Or I suck....at Rogue Legacy :). It took me over 100 tries to even beat the first boss.

Or I suck....at Rogue Legacy :). It took me over 100 tries to even beat the first boss.

Then you either didn't take long to use those 100 tries because you used the arquitect and teleported right to the boss or you became really OP because of all the coins you gathered while looking for the boss door 100 times. 100 tries sound like a huge number, you sure you didn't took like 40 tops but it felt like way more?

I can't really believe you can suck so much at that game, every death is a learning experience. It shouldn't take you more than 40 tries even if you suck (believe me, I know what I'm saying, I watched DanielDCN platinum this game and he was horrible, but beaten the Khidr boss in 33 tries. He got damaged more to the spikes on the bottom instead of the boss because of panicking). Either way, with 40h in the game, you should be able to finish the rest really quick. RL gets old very fast because there isn't much enemy variety in the game (mostly stronger versions of the same foes, but that is pretty much meh after the 15th kill), so you shouldn't have trouble finishing it if you want to.

TheYuriG wrote:

...PS Plus, everyone. It's not only about the free games, you know?...

1. psplus doesn't give you free games, you pay money for them.

2. psplus doesn't let you choose what games you get for your money.

3. if you stop your psplus subscription, you'll loose access to all games you've gotten through psplus.

conclusion: psplus is a BIG rip-off imho!

Edited by JFthebestJan

Basicly I have Plus just for the games. Its like HumbleBundle, just for PS. I fail too see where 6 games for 4bucks should be a rip-off. (=

But, yeah, thats something everyone must decide by themself. I could not care less about PS4 multiplayer. And I like that they give indies. Most of them you will probably not find or buy by yourself. :P Oh and, games nowadays are so cheap and they are so many, that I dont care about them after completion. Your point3 is also invalid, at least for me.

Anyway, on topic, after some googleing I noticed the 64gb cards are crap. Also there are at least two different revisions of them. Or at least one of them is crap. When you are looking around you will see one version more often.

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1