Goddamn Infinity Mode glitches

StrickenBiged

So, all I need to do for the plat is run 400,000 metres (currently at 310,000) and score 30,000 in Infinity mode.

But damn is that a tall order. I've encountered loads of weird glitches in this mode.

For example:
Randomly not being able to jump far enough in the Ship Exterior "outdoor" sections, so I fall short and hit the wall on the other side;
The game giving me obstacles that are literally impossible, e.g. Lasers arranged in a jump, slide, jump arrangement which are waaaay too close together to stand a chance;
Tonnes of skipped frames causing me to be unable to see the obstacle ahead until it's too late;
Rooms loading with both enemies and flying debris, causing me to die from debris while trying to complete the QTE or during the fight animation;
Corridors and rooms failing to load textures, causing me to be running into blackness with invisible obstacles.

About the only glitch I haven't had is the only useful one which allows you to fall for the floor and run forever, making the grind to 400,000 metres a cinch.

I'm just reinstalling the game now, to see if that fixes things. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone else encountered these? How the hell did you get the 30,000 points required for Wolf Level 6 with all this glitchy madness going on?

Edited by StrickenBiged

Yep I experienced all those glitches but I didn't encounter the one where you fall through the floor and run endlessly dood

I actually got really lucky on my 30,000 point run, I was pretty much getting no obstacles. Almost all of the run was just empty hallways, then when there was an obstacle it was just the basic lasers dood

The patch that fixed the trophy bug was supposed to have fixed the issues like the impossible rooms as well, but I still hear of people having the issue, while other people don't. If it's being a problem for you I would suggest turning off fights if all you have left is the 30k score in infinity mode, because that stops you from having those impossible rooms. The other issues there's no real way to fix or get around if they're still happening to you, you just kinda have to get lucky and hope that you don't run into any of them.

Weird, I guess I was just getting bad luck.

Well, I'm currently falling endlessly, so I got that one to work. In fact, "From Paris to Berlin" just popped.

A shame, that was a good run. I still had 8 lives left at 16 minutes.

Reinstalling seems to have helped, I am no longer getting impossible rooms. I think what was going on was the game was loading 2 sets of obstacles at once. Like on the ship exterior room with the black and yellow blocks you have to weave between, that used to load with the shooting spaceship that drops cargo on your head too!

Fingers crossed I can nab 30k tomorrow. It's late now, and I'm off to bed.

The patch that fixed the trophy bug was supposed to have fixed the issues like the impossible rooms as well, but I still hear of people having the issue, while other people don't. If it's being a problem for you I would suggest turning off fights if all you have left is the 30k score in infinity mode, because that stops you from having those impossible rooms. The other issues there's no real way to fix or get around if they're still happening to you, you just kinda have to get lucky and hope that you don't run into any of them.

Thanks for the fight suggestion. I should have clarified that I only had them on to test if fights gave you a points bonus which might have meant I didn't have to run so far to get to 30,000. Unfortunately, it appears not.

I Haven't encountered impossible rooms, it was always doable.

But yeah, i did fall in an "endless pit" 2 or 3 times.

Infinity mode is not all fun but it is still easier than some hard levels :)

Definitely. Damn some of those hard levels caused me some issues. Mostly it was the ones with the insta-kill acid slime. I hated that shit by the end of those runs.

Thanks for the fight suggestion. I should have clarified that I only had them on to test if fights gave you a points bonus which might have meant I didn't have to run so far to get to 30,000. Unfortunately, it appears not.

Definitely. Damn some of those hard levels caused me some issues. Mostly it was the ones with the insta-kill acid slime. I hated that shit by the end of those runs.

Exactly. Luckily, the levels are pretty short so it wasn't that hard after all.

What i really hated was that you had to complete every stage on every difficulty... Not stackable difficulty is awful :D

• 4 weeks later...

Weird, I guess I was just getting bad luck.

Nah, I had the same things because I was experimenting to see whether runs with fights give more points =D

So... I just gave up on fights... they give too many bugs. I also encountered one fight where I went into room with the pillars so obviously I got locked into QTE and crashed into the pillar xD

But yea, those jump -> slide lasers and wall crushes happened to me as well.

For that reason, I started on Bridge to avoid Ship Exterior as long as possible, though that obviously did not stop the texture load failing... =D

Best part... I got 2 extra lives in the electric corridor (the thing accessible only through uber-me mode), only to run into texture load fail and lost them... totally worth it! xD

But it actually seems, the textures fail to load only if you run into the corridor.