Your first playthrough *spoilers permitted inside proceed with caution!*

xZoneHunter

• 2 weeks later...

my survivors were Sam and Jessica

i was kinda happy when Ashley died, thought that was really uncool she refused to open the lodge door to Chris - @zone hunter - don't feel bad about the QTE, even if you had made it Ashley wouldn't have let you in because you shot her, that b****. and she was begging for it. since i already got Matt killed earlier i didn't really care about others dying.

i also shot Emily right in the eye when had the chance

all in all i really enjoyed the game, the only two cheap shots that got me were the first one - wolverine - (juicy swear can be read from my lips in the video), and the monk in the basement

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

don't mean to bump a 2 year old thread, but my survivors were Jessica, Mike, and Emily (and Josh, I guess?)

Sam was like one qte from surviving but I couldn't hold my controller still enough which really peeved me. I also got Chris killed because I was screwing around shooting the wendigos, easily avoidable and Ash would have let me in too. Matt and Ash weren't execution mistakes, I just unwittingly led them to their demise. Great game all in all.

• 4 months later...

Just finished my first play through without looking at any trophy guides (though I was so tempted - I only got 4 in the end haha), but I managed to save 4 people. 

- Sam: Died in the last minute, I could not keep still during the Don't Move part in the lodge

- Jessica: Died in the mines when I chose her and Matt to run instead of hide

- Chris: Died due to Ashley not allowing him into the cabin because he chose to shoot her instead of himself

- Josh: Died at the hands of his wendigo sister, Hannah.

- Ashley: Survived, though I almost had her open the trapdoor, and after reading through these comments, I'm so glad I didn't.

- Mike: Survived

- Emily: Survived

- Matt: Survived

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sam, Emily, Jess survived by a hair. 

Sam burned Mike to a crisp.

Chris can't shoot for shit, gollum to the neck and head ripped off.

Ashley became gollum snack because she decided to play Lara Croft.

Emily is the luckiest girl on this side of the mountain.

Jess follows close, remains virgin and uneaten.

Matt is hanging like a fish on a market.

Josh also survived but he became King Gollum the Second.

Great game.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Jess: Died at the start. I thought I was being clever by taking alternate paths rather than going for the shortcuts each time.

Emily: Survived

Chris: Survived

Ashley: Killed after investigating the noise (somehow I couldn’t tell that Jess had died, I guess I wasn’t paying attention during the cutscene, so I thought it was her calling out).

Josh: Head crushed because I missed two clues

Mike: Blown up in the lodge. Not sure why I thought going to the light switch was a good idea...

Sam: Survived

Matt: Survived. Which is weird cause I think he’s one of the hardest to keep alive.

• 3 months later...

Mike & Sam survived, could've taken or left him at the start of the game but he grew on me as it went on. Same goes for Sam but she didn't grow on me the way Mike did so I wasn't bothered if she survived or not.

Chris & Ashley survived and apparently became a couple by the end. Ashley almost died went I went to investigate the noise in the sewers, I hesitated when I reached the hatch and then remembered what I'd read earlier about the Wendigo mimicking human speech. Wasn't until I read the trophy guide when I realized how close she'd been to death :lol: 

Emily & Matt survived. Not sure if they're still a couple or not at the end. I never felt like either were in much danger throughout, Emily in particular turned out to be pretty badass throughout the section in the mines and was probably my favourite character.

Josh. Absolutely hated his character, but still managed to keep him alive for what it's worth. From the ending it looks like he'd have been better off dead. 

Jess was the only one to die after I took too long to rescue her. But I feel like the expression on her face when she was yanked through the window was worth the one more playthrough I'll need to keep her alive. 

• 10 months later...

I just got inferno in my first playthrough.

I did not use a guide but i knew that there was a trophy for rescue all protagonists and i was doing very good. 

My main satisfaction was when I could hide Samantha, I thought I was going to lose her. And then discovering that Jessica was still alive was great.

I reached chapter 10 with everybody alive and suddenly my world was crushed when Hanna killed Josh because I did not find the freaking diary.

After that I lost my s and couldn't save Jess, but Matt survived.

Then inside Washington's property, the game basically saves Chris immediately, and as Sam I thought it was a brilliant idea to turn on the light with almost everybody still in the lodge, the only joy I had was watching annoying Emily die lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only Jessica survived. The one that I thought I killed first ended up to be the only one who survived...

I was shocked when I saw her waking up, and more shocked that I managed not to screw up the "don't move your controller" part.

However, the others weren't lucky enough to survive. Some of them I tried to save & others I killed them on purpose ?.

Here's the order of deaths:

1. Matt: Killed in the mines because I tried to save that ungrateful bitch Emily.

2. Chris: Died outside because The other bitch Ashley, didn't open the lodge's door. I was really pissed when that happened. Chris was my second favourite character.

3. Emily: Shot in the eye by Mike. (I'm not sorry).

4. Ashley: Killed when she opened the trapdoor. (Did it on purpose. That's what she get for killing Chris).

5. Sam (my baby! ??) : All I have to do was to run to the switch! But I thought the Wendigos would catch me if I did, so I kept on hiding until I fucked up the last "don't move". Dammit! I should had run toward the switch! ??

6. Mike: I failed the first "don't move your controller" with Sam. And after Sam died he blew up the lodge killing the Wendigos & himself in the process. (I was glad he died, he really pissed me off with his attitude & his ridiculous plot armour).

I was so mad at Sam's death but I claimed down after I saw Jessica's ending. "There's something in the mines" is the best closing line for this game. 

Oh! And Josh survived too...I guess?

Edited by YousifalY89

• 4 months later...

Great game. Very jumpy. My wife loved and hated it at the same time.

First playthrough:

Jessica died first. DIdn't take all the shortcuts, tried to mix it up. Loved Jessica too for obvious reasons the same as Sam...

Matt died next. Kept trying to save bitchy Emily and ended up on a hook.

Chris died because I knew about the trophy for shooting Ashley, although I didn't know he'd die as a result. Seemed harsh on the guy, he'd "saved" her once already.

Emily died being chased by the Wendigo, I was pressing R2 instead of right stick to get in the lift!!

Sam died in the final moments as I couldn't stay still. Gutted.

So Mike and Ashley survived with Josh becoming a Wendigo

• 3 months later...

First blind playthrough survivors were Sam, Ashley, Emily, Josh and Matt. 

Jess died early in chapter 4 because I didn't take any risks with Mike and was very slow. Chris died because Ash snapped and, finally, Mike was burnt in the lodge. 

After that, I restarted from chapter 8 and got them all killed. Then played from chapter 2 forward to save them all. 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Sam: Escaped (Idk how I managed these last 'Don't move' events...)
  • Mike: Escaped (Lord of the shotgun. Yeehaw ! Got just a scratch in the neck 'cause I missed a QTE)
  • Ashley: ESCAPED !
  • Emily: Escaped (Thank God I did not shoot her. I really thought she was contagious, like in House of Ashes. Damn...)
  • Chris: Escaped (Just a bump in the head. Missed a QTE)
  • Jessica: Died (Was too slow to save her)
  • Josh: Survived, but became a Wendigo
  • Matt: Died (He's probably hanging around now ?. Don't even know how to save him. The game killed him without even a QTE)
  • ...oh and the wolf survived too ?

Overall a good result. My worst played Supermassive Game till now was House of Ashes (three deaths).

But the most intense is this one. I never missed so many QTEs in a game. And these 'Don't Move' events ! OH GOD ! PLEASE NEVER AGAIN !

Failed 3 of them although I'm sure I was PERFECTLY STILL. Fortunately no one died as a result.

• 3 weeks later...