Were you a trophy hunter from day one?

Dreakon139

• 3 months later...

when i first heard a trophy DING! i was like "what the heck was that?"

and it was on Fallout 3... part of me loves to trophy hunt but in all honesty its a war within my being because i find myself worrying about platinums more than i should... there are certain games that are collecting dust on the shelf due to the insane amount of grinding needed to get the platinum... so in all honesty they are more like a corruption to me, lol... its become addicting to hear the sound of the DING!!!

One more DING!... gotta hear the DING!!!!

:shakefist:

Yup. Before I had my PS3, I had heard my friend bragging about how cool when they unlocked trophies for like a year. However, since there was no game on PS3 that could make me want the console I didn't care. I bought my PS3 when FFXIII came out (In my opinion this is the only series worth playing on console). I got FFXIII plat after a month and got hooked into collecting trophies. When I started, I re-bought games that I had played on PC just for trophies like PoP, MW2, Bioshock, etc. So yea, I am pretty much a trophy hunter/whore from the beginning.

Pretty much. I didn't get a PS3 until the summer of 2009, and before that, I kept hearing from someone I knew how awesome he was at getting trophies. I got four games with my PS3, and I was wondering why none of them had any trophies until the last one (Prince of Persia). There was a little extra satisfaction in getting more trophies than someone that kept bragging. It would have been the same for me either way though. Ever since I started playing video games, I'd try to do whatever they have to offer. I can't imagine spending $60 on a game and then saying, "Eh I'm not going to bother with half the stuff the game has to offer *buys another game*".

At first, the ding and the trophy that popped up the corner of the screen was a wtf was that moment. I didn't really pay any attention to trophies until a friend that I was playing RE5 with suggested that we try for a specific trophy. Ironically, that friend could care less about trophies while I cant get enough.

Once I started collecting trophies, I wanted the platinum just for the satisfaction of having all of a game's trophies (besides dlc). When I got my first platinum, I was addicted.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my Play Station for two years before I got interested in trophy hunting. It has only been since last month I really got into it, and I can't honestly say if it has brought more fun into my gaming or taken away from it. I'll have to go for it for a couple more months before I can honestly say.

I thought trophies were pretty cool when I got my first one late 08, didn't really have any games with trophies and didn't pay any attention around about when I got my first platinum start of 2010 I thought it was great and decided to go for them.

When trophies became mandatory with games since 2009, I vowed that I would be a completionist.

I can't say I have 100% of all, but I really DO like getting 100% for a game, with a Platinum trophy or not. I don't really care about the overall level, what matters to me is I need to have 100% for a game, and 100% inside the game.

At first when the PS3 got trophies, I had no clue what trophies were and what the hell the trophy collection icon on the XMB was for. Instead I just kept prestiging in COD. For the last two years I have become addicted to trophies. I now have 1980 trophies and 28 platinums. The majority of those are from this year. err....I mean last year (2011) LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Not really. Got my ps3 in January 2010. Had it for a few months and one day I looked up ps3 trophies on google and found the .com site. When I seen people getting platinums I wanted to get one. My first was in Godfather 2 but I think it was when I got my second one in inFamous that hunt really started. Now with 39 and counting and can't wait untill I get to #50.

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't really a trophy hunter from day one because my first games were hard trophies to earn (Madden 10 and MAG). After I started renting games I became a bit of a trophy hunter, and then after Christmas 2010 by the time I got my second plat I became a trophy hunter. Now I'm coming back to square one. :/

Absolutely not, I got my PS3 to play MW2 online with my friends (which you get no trophies for). I only got a few of the MW2 story related ones over 6 months or so. But then when I was close to getting the MW2 platinum, they started to mean something and have done ever since.

However I still go in trophy collecting bursts as I don't earn any when a new COD comes out because I play online so much. :)

I remember how excited I was when I first heard about trophies, and when the update came I remember I naively thought it would apply trophies to all games - I was extremely confused when there was no trophy list for COD4, the game I was obsessed with at the time. However, I wasn't excited enough to buy a game that featured them because they didn't interest me, so I waited until a game I owned got patched. This was Burnout Paradise and I avidly hunted down the Platinum on that game, and have been obsessed ever since

Absolutely from Day 1. I've always been a completionist gamer, and trophies are exactly what I need to show that off :D

Even when there were no visible rewards or ways to show off getting absolutely everything done in a game, I'd still always do it. Gave me great satisfaction. These days the trophies add a more (relatively) tangible aspect to that.

Now that I think about it. I think the PSN outage last year is what really engrossed me into trophies. I always kinda wanted to get them, but that time offline gave me the motivation I needed to see the Uncharted 1 platinum through to the end... and in finally getting that, made my goal for 90% of my games the platinum. :P