DP: The Classified Edition Pre-order on NISA store

Essentially it's the complete edition of DP with all the dlc and extra goodies for $49.99USD

df5ffbb7-02bb-41e4-ba69-8b7a0608a64a.png

• Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut physical copy for the PlayStation® 3
  • Classified Edition DLC Voucher containing all DLC for the game (It's all in the details)
  • Hardcover Art Book 6.75 in x 5.25 in (A book with some unique images inside)
  • Official Soundtrack 25 tracks with jewel case (Not available before on compact disc) 
  • Deck of 54 Custom Playing Cards (York's favorite)
  • Collector's Box (A good way to keep everything safely tucked away, out of the light)

Has a release date of November 24th.

Also got sent this forward which I found kind of humerous:

Oh no. You read this, didn't you? Now you have to finish it. I'm so sorry....
1.jpg
This is important. Really important. A few weeks ago, I found a folder that said 'Classified' on my desk here at NIS America. I opened it and saw a bunch of news clippings, a packet of red seeds and some randomly scribbled notes by some fellow named 'Swery'. The seed packet had a note that said "Give these to your friends." It looked like someone had spilled their coffee all over everything. It was a mess, so I stuffed it in my 'look at later' drawer next to a pile of fan letters about making an Asagi game and forgot it.

That was a mistake.

I started having dreams last week... but not at night. Dreams after I drink my coffee.Dreams while I'm awake. Terrible, horrible dreams. Disfigured people - no, monsters - creeping through a forest of red trees. And I'm running for... well, I'm not sure what for, but I always know deep down that I'm running for my life. Sometimes, I find a white room with a box in the middle and I'm safe. Sometimes, I find a red room and then...I wake. And I tell someone.

But nobody believes me. If only they'd believed me.

The thing is, every time I tell someone, the dreams get weaker. Because they take the dreams - the nightmares, and the dreams take them. So now I'm telling you. You'll have the dreams too and soon, they'll take you. But you can save yourself.

Send this email to three friends... ten, if you want to be sure to survive. Tell them. Then, go to this website, find the picture of the box and tell me your nightmares. That will keep you safe and show you everyone else's premonitions. It could also let you win one of the boxes for yourself. Don't be afraid. You can survive.

df5ffbb7-02bb-41e4-ba69-8b7a0608a64a.png
Thank you for saving me.

Sincerely,

Jordan
S.gif

That quote was very much like "my name is barbara and I'm 18 years old, I would be if I haven't died on my 13th birthday. I scare shit out of weak people with internet shit, send this to as many people as you dumbly can if you wanna save yourself from my mean, fake, internet babble".

What are the good points of Deadly Premonition? I always hear opposite oppinions about it and I'm never sure about it.

That quote was very much like "my name is barbara and I'm 18 years old, I would be if I haven't died on my 13th birthday. I scare shit out of weak people with internet shit, send this to as many people as you dumbly can if you wanna save yourself from my mean, fake, internet babble".

What are the good points of Deadly Premonition? I always hear opposite oppinions about it and I'm never sure about it.

I think it can be considered a cult classic. It's story is quite good (though it may or may not have taken most of it's plot material from a show called Twin Peaks :ninja: ) but the gameplay is not great.

Edited by A-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

This was free on PS+ a while back, and I thought what a easy plat; after like 3 hours I couldn't take the game play any more. Though I'm never one to squander a good deal, so to those of big fandom of this series, It's pretty nice, though for a collectors edition now-a-days, it's fairly lackluster.

No steelbox, no figurine of that guy in the red, no knick-knacks, I mean an art book is nice but artbooks and soundtracks are a dime a dozen in CE's.

I actually got the Complete Edition on PSN for like 5 bucks or something (definitely less than 8) and have been waiting to play it ever since. The only thing that holds me back is that I have to download every piece of DLC separately. Laziness fo' days.

• Like 1

Deadly Premonition is one of the most fun game experiences I've had and it is so very much like a Twin Peaks game. Sure, the gameplay itself is not all that great (and it is super easy) and lots of people will be turned off by the graphics, but I personally loved everything about the game (the story, the characters, the side quests, the NPCs having daily routines, getting to do some really mundane stuff like shaving your beard or using the turn signals on your car, the foreshadowing and hidden secrets, etc).

If anyone passes on this game (or any game really) based on critics' reviews or hearsay, then I am disappointed in those people. Passing on it due to trying it yourself or watching gameplay videos (or seeing a friend/someone else play it) is fine though, then you've at least seen the game in action.

Anyways, neat collector's edition though it definitely lacks a lot of what they "should" have nowadays (but at least it's not priced a $100+ thanks to that). I like the email that accompanied it, it's good for them to not be too serious about their promotional emails.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Put me in the "it's horrible" category. This was free on PS+, and I still don't think it was worth the money.

• Like 1